Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
canadiancitizen said:
Hi... remember when CIC sent to you or wife (sponsor) a letter asking you to complete a form for MICC, well MICC must have issued the CSQ and returned the Undertaking form completed by the sponsor with their stamp.... those papers... bring them with you... is just a formality...
Yes, thanks for reply & that's actually what I thought!!

By the way, I will bring all the letters CIC or MICC issued us. Are they the "all the immigration documents" CIC Montreal requested on the list? I phoned CIC yesterday, the lady told me it's supposed to be my VISA paper (if I have one when I entered Canada, or if not, it's the stamp on my passport) but it doesn't really sound like "all immigration documents" to me. So, is that what you brought? Or, they meant "work permit" as I noticed they took it away during your interview??

Thanks very much, Canadiancitizen!!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Hello everyone,

Maybe some of you did not pay CAD490 (the Right of Permanent Residence) in the beginning by following the instruction guide like I did last year when I submitted my application.

Here is something I'd like to share with you:
If it's possible for you, I'd like to encourage you to pay it first because it will shorten your process around two weeks. I understand you might think two weeks don't sound that much but I was there, feeling frustrated when I saw others landing interview was arranged but not mine. And even I've paied the fee and sent the photos and requested document to local CIC right after I received their notify letter, I still had to wait up to one month to get my landing interview scheduled. As for my friend, she got her landing interview scheduled within two weeks after she submitted her photos and requested document, because she already paid CAD490 long time ago.

Therefore, if it's possible for you to pay CAD490 earlier, do it so that you don't have to wait that long!!

Good luck, everyone!!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
June2011 said:
Good News for me Today!! I'm so happy, and thank you for this Forum.

We received your application for permanent residence on June 03, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 15, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
Congrats June2011 :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
brookechung said:
Yes, thanks for reply & that's actually what I thought!!

By the way, I will bring all the letters CIC or MICC issued us. Are they the "all the immigration documents" CIC Montreal requested on the list? I phoned CIC yesterday, the lady told me it's supposed to be my VISA paper (if I have one when I entered Canada, or if not, it's the stamp on my passport) but it doesn't really sound like "all immigration documents" to me. So, is that what you brought? Or, they meant "work permit" as I noticed they took it away during your interview??

Thanks very much, Canadiancitizen!!
Bring passport, work permit, CSQ original certificate, Undertaking Form, SIN, and a smile.

The young girl asked my husband for :

Date of entry to Canada, any children, criminal record since his arrival, and to sign the form. We brought all our folder even pictures, but she only asked for passport, CSQ, Undertaking form and work permit which she took back. they are very puntual, be in time and the place is ugley :_)

good luck and life is good!!!!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I guess bringing the whole file including any correspondance and passport is the best so that way no missing documents.
Regarding paying the fee in advance like brookechung is suggesting might indeed fasten the process.
In our case, when we sent the file we paid the 475$ for the sponsorship process, also we paid 75$ for extension of staying as a visitor as we were not sure it was required because of imply status...
We also paid in advance the 150$ along with the open work permit demand to be processed only after 1st stage approval.
I don't know if we should also have paid the 490 for the permanent residency...
If any of these fees were not required is there gonna be a refund of some sort?

shikon_86

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think I paid the right of residence fee either.
I just called CIC, the agent I got this time was fortunately friendly.
She told me everything is in order, they are doing last minute background check. I should hear from them within next three months.
I am just wondering if anyone knows how lond does this background check take? (usually)
Also should I pay that right of residence fee now ? or wait till I get a letter from them ?

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
hi johanna,
thanks for the effort updating the chart.
here's mine:
Application recieved: May 27, 2011
Processing Started: June 7, 2011
AIP and OWP: March 25, 2011
Decision Made: March 29, 2011
I will be landing on 24th of May at Calgary Office.
Thank you, have a great weekend.

johanna125 said:
I encourage everyone (newbies, irregulars, regulars and full time forum users) to give me your timelines (AOR, started processing dates, AIP, DM and PR landing dates) so I can include you in the chart. More data will translate into better trending/assessment on what dates CIC is actually processing out there. So we will be able to accurately determine if our application is at par with applicants of the same "received" date, or if it was missed out, ignored or what. Makes sense.

Good luck everyone.

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
hi vinlander..... I did not pay the $490 as well. But I paid $200 for the OWP its only $150 so they gave me back the $50 by cheque. I got it together with the letter that I got decision and I need to pay 490 on my landing interview...

vinlander said:
I guess bringing the whole file including any correspondance and passport is the best so that way no missing documents.
Regarding paying the fee in advance like brookechung is suggesting might indeed fasten the process.
In our case, when we sent the file we paid the 475$ for the sponsorship process, also we paid 75$ for extension of staying as a visitor as we were not sure it was required because of imply status...
We also paid in advance the 150$ along with the open work permit demand to be processed only after 1st stage approval.

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
shikon_86 said:
first thing to do tomorrow morning, but so far all they could tell me is ' processing time is 8months for 2nd stage, so wait for another x months'
thats so unhelpful, i already know that lol

thanks for the info !!
Hi, I was waiting 7 months between AIP and DM.

ramiragy

Mar 30, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I've been reading this forum for quiet a bit and its very encouraging! I am a sponsor for my wife, we applied for inland spouse sponsorship in June 2011 and I couldn't help but get excited and write a post after reading about June people hearing back from CIC.. Its just been soo long!

So I thought I'd share our dates with you so if we hear back it might be an encouragement to someone - If someone can add us on the chart, that would be great!

Application Sent June 26th
Application Received June 29th
Started Processing July 7th

My wife's eCas says 'In Process' - (the application does not show up on my (the sponsor) eCas though)

We paid the right of permanent residence along with our application (Which is good?!) and we also applied for a work permit! (Does anyone know when the work permit would come out?)

Anyway, Congratulations to everyone who got AIP and DM and hopefully we hear back soon, Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

R

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
canadiancitizen said:
Bring passport, work permit, CSQ original certificate, Undertaking Form, SIN, and a smile.

The young girl asked my husband for :

Date of entry to Canada, any children, criminal record since his arrival, and to sign the form. We brought all our folder even pictures, but she only asked for passport, CSQ, Undertaking form and work permit which she took back. they are very puntual, be in time and the place is ugley :_)

good luck and life is good!!!!
Thanks a lot!!
But I didn't apply any temperory SIN number before so I guess I will have a new one after my interview is done!!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
vinlander said:
Yeah, there will be refund if it's not required by the end.
However, I heard that it takes more time for them to give you back the money tho.

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
So yesterday was our spousal aip interview at the etobicoke office and here's what happened.

We got there at 9:15, 45 minutes earlier than our schedule. Our lawyer came at 9:45 am. We were seated at the waiting area along with other people. The environment is kind of laid back compared to the CBSA office. The officers are calling out the names of the person to be interviewed. We were waiting for my name to be called. Around 10:20, a young gentleman came to us and said, "come, follow me..." We were oblivious that he was talking to us because they normally call out the names of person to be interviewed at the front. We followed him as he took as to another office. It was another unit at the building but on the same floor, it was full of separated room but the problem was, there is lack of privacy as you could clearly hear what the other interview is all about. We could clearly hear what's goin on at the room next to us. We couldnt help but listen. The walls are not high that's why you could hear everyone in the room. The officer said, they just opened that office. He then asked for our ids, we showed him our driver license. He asked for my passport bus I said CBSA took it. I also gave him my 3 inch binder that has all other documents supporting me and my husband's relationship. He told us that he will just review my file and will be back in a few minutes. He was gone for 15 minutes or so and then came back and gave me my binder but took some sheets out. I gave him around 200 photos, all of which are from last year's to present. He briefly looked at them and asked my husband, "is this your dad?, and my husband said, yes. After that, he put away all the albums (i gave him 3). He asked both of us this question - "have you ever been charged or convicted of any crime inside and outside Canada?", we both said no. And then he asked me, what was your original reason for visit?, did you have intentions of seeing your husband (he was just a friend before, and officially in a relationship only when i arrived here but weve known each other for 6 years) when you came here?, when was the first time you came here?, what were your travel dates? (coz i travelled back and forth since the first time I came here), when is your due date?. Do you report to the CBSA office, I said, "i do every 9th of the month thru our landline". I gave short answers and never elaborated. And then after that, he said, "you will receive a letter in the the mail within a week." once you are approved, you can apply for a work permit and get OHIP but you will have to wait 90 days for it. And then he asked me, "did you ever work here", I said no. I asked him, "what do I need to show for OHIP?", he said, "just the letter that you will receive." And then my lawyer asked, "are we approved?", and he said, "just wait for it in the mail."

The interview was very very quick. Only a few questions asked, just the ones I mentioned. I was expecting that we are gonna be cross examined and will be asked for the typical spousal interview questions but it never happened. It was an easy 10 minute actual interview.

Anyone had the same experience? I hope I get approved.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) Aw, I am so happy to see June people getting great news!!! Congrats to each and everyone of you. Especially, irishred, that is just stressful. But I am so glad it is just a mistake! :)