+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dee_Dee123 said:
Hey everyone so finally got our letters.. Aip and dm dated both on april 12. And can't believe this but we already hvaing landing interview for this tuesday april 24! It took just one week! Insane! Everyone hang in theree ur time will come!
What is your landing office?

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
hatrang said:
tzing, can u tell us what insurance service you were using that covered birth delivery? If it sounds like advertising to everyone, I hope you can PM me pls. I always think that private insurance companies won't cover baby birth cause it's kind of "controllable" hospitality, not accident.
Hi, hatrang,
i got the insurance through my program at George Brown college, as a visa student, i was required to purchase that and couldn't opt out. i paid about $900 for a year and it covered almost everything, including the flight tickets for family and body return to my country if i died :p
as for private insurance, i have no idea which company and policy cover what, i'm just suggesting that you should look into that if you are married and just in case you might get pregnant. i have tried google and found a few company online to give you quotes. here's one of them, but google yourself to find the cheapest one. they are not insurance company, they are a website to give you quotes of all the insurance company so you can compare and decide which one to get. we got our car insurance through them. some banks have car insurance, but i'm not sure about health coverage. when you search, you have to find insurance for visitors in canada though, because a regular health plan will not cover you if you don't have OHIP for residents.

www.kanetix.ca

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My E-cas updated today:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 18, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

You entered Canada at the CIC Vancouver Admissions office on April 16, 2012 and became a Permanent Resident.

Hang on everyone, you're time will come, just relax, for sure CIC is working out there.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
tzing said:
Hi, hatrang,
i got the insurance through my program at George Brown college, as a visa student, i was required to purchase that and couldn't opt out. i paid about $900 for a year and it covered almost everything, including the flight tickets for family and body return to my country if i died :p
as for private insurance, i have no idea which company and policy cover what, i'm just suggesting that you should look into that if you are married and just in case you might get pregnant. i have tried google and found a few company online to give you quotes. here's one of them, but google yourself to find the cheapest one. they are not insurance company, they are a website to give you quotes of all the insurance company so you can compare and decide which one to get. we got our car insurance through them. some banks have car insurance, but i'm not sure about health coverage. when you search, you have to find insurance for visitors in canada though, because a regular health plan will not cover you if you don't have OHIP for residents.

www.kanetix.ca
Thank you very much for your helpful info Tzing. I appreciate so much!
I actually searched and quoted from many companies before, but I couldn't find any good one like yours ;).

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
irishred said:
Ahhhhhhhhhh
They just updated...........April 18th................processing April 30th.....................still
How long more do we have to wait :mad:
CIC already holidays for a month. Don't know when they will start work again? June applicant not yet hear any update from CIC. Did u guy call CIC?

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Hi...everybody, looking on inland 2010, at April 20 2011, CIC already work on application received on June 25, I think this year CIC slow down for 1 month.

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 21, 2012 :)
Hey,

Just wondering for anyone that landed in March in Montreal if they got their PR card?
I am getting anxious.
I forgot if they said 4-6 weeks or 6-8 waiting time to get it.
Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for permanent residence on January 18, 2011.
We started processing your application on February 28, 2011.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

It's been like this for a long time now...then I got a letter that my papers went to Scarborough office...that letter was sent on March 28.....Who knows how long will it take for me to get the letter from Scarborough with the appointment date?
And also...if you guys know...can I apply for a travel document right after the appointment? REally want to visit my parents as soon as I can...Can't wait anymore!!!!!!!
Going crazy here!!!!!!!!

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Just want to share my CIC call center experience:

Yesterday, I called up CIC to ask for my sponsor's client ID number. I asked the agent : How come my sponsor has not yet received an email from CIC about his client number as sponsor. We submitted our PR application more than 3 months ago. Then agent transferred me to the person handling ECAS user access. The ECAS agent told me that by this time, my sponsor should have already received an email notice from CIC about his own Client ID number. The agent asked me if he can talk to my sponsor. I told her my sponsor was at the office that time. So she told me to tell my sponsor to personally call CIC the next day.

So today, my sponsor called up CIC to ask about his client number. The agent that she talked to today said "We are processing April 30, 2011 applications so you won't be hearing from CIC now, until after 11 months.

2 different agents in 2 different days..and 2 different answers.

OMG. I hear from most people in this forum that their sponsors got email notices within 2-3 months from CIC. Now I'm worried because I haven't received yet, neither my sponsor.

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
johanna125 said:
Hi everyone. Just want to share my CIC call center experience:

Yesterday, I called up CIC to ask for my sponsor's client ID number. I asked the agent : How come my sponsor has not yet received an email from CIC about his client number as sponsor. We submitted our PR application more than 3 months ago. Then agent transferred me to the person handling ECAS user access. The ECAS agent told me that by this time, my sponsor should have already received an email notice from CIC about his own Client ID number. The agent asked me if he can talk to my sponsor. I told her my sponsor was at the office that time. So she told me to tell my sponsor to personally call CIC the next day.

So today, my sponsor called up CIC to ask about his client number. The agent that she talked to today said "We are processing April 30, 2011 applications so you won't be hearing from CIC now, until after 11 months.

2 different agents in 2 different days..and 2 different answers.

OMG. I hear from most people in this forum that their sponsors got email notices within 2-3 months from CIC. Now I'm worried because I haven't received yet, neither my sponsor.
Hi,

I notice from your previous posts that your application was received at CIC on January 25 2012.

In my case, I applied on October 12 2011 and the sponsor received the email with client ID on December 22 2011. So this means 2 months 10 days after CIC received our application, and some people from the forum had even longer than that. Moreover, it seemed that this emails have only been sent to people who have applied since July 2011. Most of the people before that date haven't got any emails at all. And who knows, maybe they are so busy that they decided not to send any emails anymore again since 2012.

In your case, it would be 25 January + 2 months 10 days = around April 5.

But for the past month, as you see, CIC seem to be working on something else, else no one from June has received anything for 3 weeks or so, and the webpage is stuck on April 30. So, I'm sure those emails are a bit delayed as well. I know it's stressful, but try not to worry. CIC have received your application, as you tracked it with Canada Post, so you know it's there.

chu2010

Apr 11, 2012
Hi there,

I've sent my application to Vegreville on April 2011. Have already received the letter that I could go ahead to apply for the police certificate from Hong Kong and they have approved my hubby be my sponsor on March 2012.

How come I couldn't check my update status via ECAS? It keep on saying "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
Hi folks

I have good news. Today I checked my status in e cas it changed from in process to decision made but when i clicked in there is no update yet. So I called the CIC agent and the nice lady told me that I got a double double. CIC sent me a letter on April 18 And all i have to do is go celebrate and wait for the letter from CIC for the confirmation and Montreal for landing. I can't describe my feeling now. It feels like my feet don;t touch the ground =)

below is my timeline

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 10, 2011.

We received the requested information on January 4, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.
I hope everyone got a good news like me soon =)

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
grippy said:
Hi folks

I have good news. Today I checked my status in e cas it changed from in process to decision made but when i clicked in there is no update yet. So I called the CIC agent and the nice lady told me that I got a double double. CIC sent me a letter on April 18 And all i have to do is go celebrate and wait for the letter from CIC for the confirmation and Montreal for landing. I can't describe my feeling now. It feels like my feet don;t touch the ground =)

below is my timeline

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 10, 2011.

We received the requested information on January 4, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.
I hope everyone got a good news like me soon =)
Congratulations grippy, I'm glad for you ! :)

Let's hope this means they have finally started processing June applications, and that next week we'll hear more good news from the June people.

The weekend starts on a more positive note after your message.

H

Horselover

Just checked this morning and now it has also changed from In Process to Decision Made on the first page :D Can I assume that that is second stage approval? It is, right?

I am just confused cause so many people have it say "medicals received" and I don't have that (but they did get them when I submitted my application last year..) My status still just reads the three lines of Application received, we started processing, and decision made and you will be contacted.... My OWP came in the mail yesterday, but it's only valid until July, when my passport + visa expire (I just applied for a new passport and will have that in 4 weeks)...

If that is second stage approval, if I am about 100km East of Toronto, will my landing office most likely be Scarborough????