Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello, Today my husband's e-Cas Changed to Decision Made (Sponsorship App and Permanent Residence App):

Sponsorship app when clicked says:

We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on March 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter on April 2, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence App when clicked doesn't show any detail yet.

And today I got my OWP in the mail.

I just want to do a question please, it's possible to get your ''Carte d'assurance maladie'' in Quebec with the Open Work Permit and AIP?

If yes, please, how can I do it?

Thank you all And congrats Leo77!!!!!!

Be ready May Applicants, I hope you all get good news very soon.

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
karma123 said:
Hello, Today my husband's e-Cas Changed to Decision Made (Sponsorship App and Permanent Residence App):

Sponsorship app when clicked says:

We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on March 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter on April 2, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence App when clicked doesn't show any detail yet.

And today I got my OWP in the mail.

I just want to do a question please, it's possible to get your ''Carte d'assurance maladie'' in Quebec with the Open Work Permit and AIP?

If yes, please, how can I do it?

Thank you all And congrats Leo77!!!!!!

Be ready May Applicants, I hope you all get good news very soon.
Congrats!!! :)

Yes, it's possible. You have to visit your local RAMQ office and bring the following:
AIP, OWP, CSQ (http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrants-foreign-workers-students/health-insurance/Pages/proof-residence.aspx)
Proof of your residence (http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrants-foreign-workers-students/health-insurance/Pages/proof-residence.aspx)
Passport
10.35CAD

Good luck!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

i have a question!!
When are we eligible to apply for OHIP?
PS: i already received my DM and i will be landing in Scarborough
Thanks !

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi everyone!

i have a question!!
When are we eligible to apply for OHIP?
PS: i already received my DM and i will be landing in Scarborough
Thanks !

If you already have your DM you can apply for a work permit but I think it's a waste of money unless you are really desperate for a job. It's $150 and you have to wait for around a month to get it, that's the time you will be landing... It's up to you though!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Hello.....

For those who got the letter to ask you to pay CAD490 for the right of permanent residence and your application has been completed.
Or, for those who already finished their landing interiew.

Did you submit the form called "IMM5444 Application for permanent card" to your local CIC??

I got this letter on March 27 (There are three steps to do, pay CAD490, take 2 photos, and check the personal information) and I already submitted things they asked on the letter but I don't remember that they ask me to submit this IMM5444 form.

And just now, my friend just received this letter and asked me if I found this IMM5444 form in my letter because her letter asked her to fill and submit this IMM5444 form but she doesn't find this form in her letter!! I am having a pain in my stomach now because I did not submit this form on March 27 to CIC Montreal and I don't remember that they ask me to submit this form.

Did anyone submit this form?? Please let me know. Thanks very much!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
This would seem to be a reasonable thing to do - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf is the Permanent Resident Card application form.

citlali2010

Dec 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2011
Today I logged into E-CAS to find that I have decision made on my sponsorship application and also on Permanent Residence application. I just have to wait for that letter to come in the mail.

We received your application to sponsor XX on March 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2012.

Sponsorship Application Status-Decision Made

Permanent Residence Application Status-Decision Made

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
citlali2010 said:
Today I logged into E-CAS to find that I have decision made on my sponsorship application and also on Permanent Residence application. I just have to wait for that letter to come in the mail.

We received your application to sponsor XX on March 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2012.

Sponsorship Application Status-Decision Made

Permanent Residence Application Status-Decision Made
congratulations!!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
computergeek said:
This would seem to be a reasonable thing to do - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf is the Permanent Resident Card application form.
About that, the second question is "the date you became a permanent residence".....which I will never know after I having my landing interview. Therefore, I am not sure if I really have to fill this form.

Anyone else knows the answer?? Please. Thanks!!

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
brookechung said:
About that, the second question is "the date you became a permanent residence".....which I will never know after I having my landing interview. Therefore, I am not sure if I really have to fill this form.

Anyone else knows the answer?? Please. Thanks!!
You don't have to fill or submit the said form. On the Landing interview, Immigration Officer will tell you that your PR Card will arrived on your address within 6 to 8 weeks after you landing date. The Officer will attach one of your photo to a document and he/she will ask you to check all the details on the document to be sure that all your info is correct. The PR card will be base on that document.

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
visita44 said:
You don't have to fill or submit the said form. On the Landning interview, Immigration Officer will tell you that your PR Card will arrived on your address within 6 to 8 weeks after you landing date. The Officer will attach one of your photo to a document and he'she will ask you to check all the details on the document to be sure that all your info is correct. The PR card will be base on that document.
Thank you very much for your confirmation!! That's very helpful!!

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone!it's been a long wait already since the last update in our processing time,what happened to cic?anyway, i just wanted to ask you guys, cause i'll be mailing tomorrow my huband new passport(sponsor) to vegreville in order to add it into my permanent residency application and just wondering to ask if what will i'm going to write in the envelope?is it only my client id number or should i write anything else outside the envelope?cause i wanted to make sure that the document will gonna be added to my application without any delays.cause i am worried that once they pulled up my papers and they might put it in another place again,since my timeline is coming already.or should i wait their letter requesting my husband's new passport?
thank you guys and hoping you could help me...

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
angelparnes said:
hello everyone!it's been a long wait already since the last update in our processing time,what happened to cic?anyway, i just wanted to ask you guys, cause i'll be mailing tomorrow my huband new passport(sponsor) to vegreville in order to add it into my permanent residency application and just wondering to ask if what will i'm going to write in the envelope?is it only my client id number or should i write anything else outside the envelope?cause i wanted to make sure that the document will gonna be added to my application without any delays.cause i am worried that once they pulled up my papers and they might put it in another place again,since my timeline is coming already.or should i wait their letter requesting my husband's new passport?
thank you guys and hoping you could help me...
you should write your address, name and your client ID number on the envelope so they will put it with your file together, otherwise they won't open it for another 5 or 6 months. and send anything that you think would help, don't wait.