Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey everyone!! Again a big congrats to everyone who has been getting AIP and DM today! Just a question for people who got AIP, did your sponsor along with you get a letter from CIC? I am the sponsor and we got AIP on ecas Feb 21( my letter dated feb 19) which is fine but only I received a letter my wife has not. Were they suppose to send two letters for AIP, one for me and one for my wife? I thought I read somewhere they would. ???
Hello canadagirl,

When I received my AIP, my sponsor didn't receive a letter from cic. It was just updated on his ecas that a letter was sent to me. :) I received AIP and DM 1 week apart.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just curious, after receiving a DM,when will I receive a call from CIC Edmonton? I talked to an agent and he said 6-8 weeks? is that true? Please advise. Thanks.

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
just an update of the letters from CIC. I finally received the letters they said they sent us on feb 12, which i never got, and on ECAS, my status was updated to decision made on feb 20, but the call centre agent said they didn't have any info about that. Then today, i finally got 2 letters from CIC. one for me and one for my husband. mine says that my application was completed and i will be contacted by the CIC office in my city and need to pay $490 landing fee when i get the confirmation of PR.

so if you did not get the first letter of AIP that they said they sent you, you might be in the same situation of me. I think CIC is working so fast that they confused themselves. but at least they are moving!

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
CrazyLucy said:
What I highlighted in bold is true.

The doctor makes a copy of the paper you brought in along with your photos. My best guess is, is that he scans it and then sends it online to CIC, it's quicker that way. I dont believe you HAVE to send in the reciept, but I did anyways to play it safe.

As for the police certificate, he needs a police certificate from any country he has stayed in for more than 6 month since his 18th birthday, not counting Canada.
Thanks for the reply and clarification! And thanks to Gemaru as well and everyone else! And congratz to everyone! This is a stressful process I must say!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
wow, I'm so happy to c the processing date moving faster than the current date now. That means processing time is shorter than 1 year, yay!
Congrats to all people receiving the good news this week, so happy for you guys! ;D

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
CONGRATULATIONS Gemauru! I am sooooooooooooooooo happy for you. You get one of these from me.

No news for me yet. I have been checking e-cas about once or twice a day. I am wondering if I should call CIC. I think it may be too early. I can wait. I have waited this long. I pray that my husband gets both stages at the same time. We need to go to his home country in July to visit his family which does not give us too much time to play with. It could take up to eight weeks to get the landing letter and another 8 weeks to get the PR card. He has to get both stages right away.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone post yet about when there landing date is. Has anyone recived that final letter yet of when they are landing?

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey everyone!! Again a big congrats to everyone who has been getting AIP and DM today! Just a question for people who got AIP, did your sponsor along with you get a letter from CIC? I am the sponsor and we got AIP on ecas Feb 21( my letter dated feb 19) which is fine but only I received a letter my wife has not. Were they suppose to send two letters for AIP, one for me and one for my wife? I thought I read somewhere they would. ???
Hi Canadagirl85!! I have the same problem! My husband is my sponsor and only he received a letter from CIC about one week ago. So today I decided to call them and they said they sent my letter only today. You can call them and ask whether they sent two letters to you or just one. If they sent two, there could be a delay in mail delivery. Let's keep each other updated on when we will receive our second letter!:)

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
qw123 said:
I thought when u sent out a sponsorship app u are considered in 'implied status' until a decision is made. so why if u dont mind lead to this or what was her status before or why you did not apply for visitor record. pls if u dont mind clarify this so we all can learn something new. thanks
Our case is more complicated than most. My wife came here as a refugee in 2008. We were married on March 31 of 2011 just days before her appeal was rejected in federal court. She than was entitled for a PRRA (pre-removal risk assessment) before being deported. She submitted that application in June of 2011. A negative decision was given to her on February 6th and she was given a removal order. Usually these deportations happen within 2-3 weeks. She was granted 5 weeks since we purchased our own ticket. Usually CBSA will stay the deportation until a decision has been made on the inland sponsorship. We asked the officer for a deferral which is rarely granted once a decision has been made to not give the stay of deportation. We are supposed to receive the decision from the officer within the next week. If he decides not to grant the deferral we have the right to argue this decision in Federal Court which is also rarely overruled. Even though we are going to try every avenue possible, our hope is that the application is approved before the 13th of March since it is unlikely that the CBSA officer is going to cooperate. According to the Public Policy you are supposed to be able to sponsor no matter the status of the applicant, however, if you are under a removal order or have been deported from Canada previously this doesn't work. If she is deported she won't be able to return in order to attend the landing interview. If she stays illegally she will not get second stage approval because she will be inadmissible. If we can't get things to work out, we will have to cancel our sponsorship in Canada and start over in Colombia.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
liza-laziza said:
Hi Canadagirl85!! I have the same problem! My husband is my sponsor and only he received a letter from CIC about one week ago. So today I decided to call them and they said they sent my letter only today. You can call them and ask whether they sent two letters to you or just one. If they sent two, there could be a delay in mail delivery. Let's keep each other updated on when we will receive our second letter!:)
Yes lets !! Our time line is pretty close to one another WOOO!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
blistex said:
Hello canadagirl,

When I received my AIP, my sponsor didn't receive a letter from cic. It was just updated on his ecas that a letter was sent to me. :) I received AIP and DM 1 week apart.
lol thats funny mine is like oppsit then yours I got my letter stating im approved as a sponsor but im waiting on my wifes AIP letter. They did tell us over the phone that we got AIP. Hoping to hear something tomorrow. :D

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadagirl85 said:
lol thats funny mine is like oppsit then yours I got my letter stating im approved as a sponsor but im waiting on my wifes AIP letter. They did tell us over the phone that we got AIP. Hoping to hear something tomorrow. :D
I'm sorry Canadagirl85. My fiancé received a letter that he got approved as a sponsor. Cic sent 2 letters then the ff week I got my Owp.

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gemauru said:
My husband got his visitor extension last week... Give a couple of days... don't loose hope, and call back until you get a nice agent!
Thanks a lot for your contribution. Actually, we did submitted for extenssion of Visitor visa , OWP with immigration application at the same time inclusion of our 2 kids. But to my suprise they claimed that Visitor visa application was missing. When I called them again they directed me to submit another copy ASAP last November to their Team Leader at Vegreville in AB. With Canada post reciept as a prove that we did sent the application initially and a copy that I kept in my file. We recieved only one TVR for my wife yesterday when we're expecting AIP. What about the two kinds? CIC are really confused !!!. I will call them today and ask to speak to thier supervisor and iron out the issue.It seems our application was just sitting on someone desk without any attention. This is ridiculous!!. It's almost a year now.

If you have a simmilar experience please share !!!

Thanks, Akinmike

Akin

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
blistex said:
I'm sorry Canadagirl85. My fiancé received a letter that he got approved as a sponsor. Cic sent 2 letters then the ff week I got my Owp.
Ok got it!:)

hali

Dec 30, 2011
Hey everyone have been reading the forum for a very long time now but never comment. anyway congrats to everyone who got approved. i sent in my application in march 2011..i log into my e-cas yesterday and it says DM few hours later i got a mail for my landing interview for next week. have not recieved AIP or OWP but am not complain since i got the landing date. good to know that the calgary office is moving faster than vegreville