ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Missha! Hopefully all March people will get good news by this week :)

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Guys my first stage approved, I just called CIC, they sent me a letter on february 26th, they sent me a letter about my singapore police certificate as singapore need an official letter from CIC for issuing police certificate which I couldnt sent earlier
Congrats Missha. Thanks for providing us good info in this forum.

I would also like to share that I receive a letter from cic today and that my application for PR has been completed. I'm just going to wait for CIC Edmonton to contact me. I was emotional when I started reading the letter. I couldn't believe it, I just had my AIP and OWP last week. Kudos to CIC.

Reading posts in this forum had given me confidence and a lot of information regarding the timeline for AIP, OWP and PR.

Good luck to all of us. :)

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
ok.. now im confused can someone help. Maybe I already know the answer lol im not sure.. ok

So I got my letter today stating that im approved as a sponsor! YAY annnddd im able to log in to ECAS myself with my own client id number again YAYYYY sooo this is what it says when i click on "Sponsorship and application status" >>

We received your application to sponsor xyz on March 14, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 19, 2012.

We sent you a letter on February 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Normal :D

Now under permanent residence application status it says

"We received XXXXXX application for permanent residence on March 14, 2011.

We started processing XXXX application on April 8, 2011.

A decision has been made and XXXXXXX will be contacted. "

Does this mean second stage ?

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Hello kdmosco: do you think they will not do nothing until sponsorship process is done?
because first I had an appointment and I told officer I submitted a sponsorship application already, He told me no problem we will wait your receive a decision from CIC that was one year ago, but one month ago they sent me a mail telling me I have to go for PRRA, so I dont understand, the officer told me the law changed and I have to do my PRRA, they did not stopped I am worried to get refusal decision for PRRA before know what is gonna happen with the sponsorship process and now they transferred my file to Etobicoke, I called to CIC and the agent told me because of PRRA.
It is really confused!!

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Canadagirl85 said:
ok.. now im confused can someone help. Maybe I already know the answer lol im not sure.. ok

So I got my letter today stating that im approved as a sponsor! YAY annnddd im able to log in to ECAS myself with my own client id number again YAYYYY sooo this is what it says when i click on "Sponsorship and application status" >>

We received your application to sponsor xyz on March 14, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 19, 2012.

We sent you a letter on February 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Normal :D

Now under permanent residence application status it says

"We received XXXXXX application for permanent residence on March 14, 2011.

We started processing XXXX application on April 8, 2011.

A decision has been made and XXXXXXX will be contacted. "

Does this mean second stage ?
I have the same thing. My sponsor's e-cas mentions " a letter has been sent... etc", but my PR e-cas just says that the decision has been made and you will be contacted. Since when I log into my e-cas (I am the sponsored person) it still says "in process" I am more than sure it's just the first stage.... Unfortunately... But let's hope positive changes will come soon!

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Congratulationsssss missha! Really happy to hear such lovely news for you.

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
hello ontario... with immigration you never know what is going to happen, but let me tell you a friend of mine,applied for sponsor, 2 weeks after applied for prra, 4 months later got called in by prra to tell him it had been denied, but because the sponsor was submitted before prra, they will not do anything until sponsor process is finished... as far as ai know, they still have to process the prra, but i'm pretty sure they dont do anything if you're applied for sponsor way before... anything i mean remove you from the country, because they will still give you the decision of the prra... another case i know, he applied for prra and few days later applied for sponsor, but because his prra was much faster than sponsor, he got denied and had to go wait in his country for sponsor, but this was mostly because his prra application was submitted before sponsor, frankly, i think you should be ok, based on all the info i've read... just make sure yo go to all the appointments, on time, adn take all the paperwork you have... good luck o you! i know prra is such a stressful situation, but as soon as you get forst stage, i think you can breathe!

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
Ontario6791 and kdmosco:

My husband sponsored me in July 2011, we applied as common law partner then coz we only got married in December 2011. I applied for PRRA in January 2012 and it was sent to Vancouver. Now, it says that my files are forwarded to Etobicoke. It shows on eCas that they received my medical results. I noticed the changes on eCas last Friday. My lawyer told me to just wait it out...

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
hey maldita did you by any chance send them the marriage certificate after? if the file was transferred i think they may do further investigations? hopefully everything will be ok... prra takes like 4-6 months right? they may just let you stay, but becasue the file was transfered, i really cant say.. sorry maldita, hope all goes well!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Congratulations missha. I am so happy for you. You deserve it! :D :D :D :D :D :D
How long is it going to take you to get the police clearnce from Singapore with this letter that you have now?

I only pull this out for my favorite people.

Has anyone after missha heard anything yet? I keep checking ecas but nothing yet. I think it may be too early for me to call CIC. I notice we always hear info on Mondays and Tuesdays. Weird.

Akinmike,inlimbo and angelparnes, I would call CIC to find out what is going on with your files.

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
missha said:
Guys my first stage approved, I just called CIC, they sent me a letter on february 26th, they sent me a letter about my singapore police certificate as singapore need an official letter from CIC for issuing police certificate which I couldnt sent earlier
congrats missha!

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
For those, who need to apply Open Work Permit after getting First Stage Approval.

I got my Approval letter on Feb. 17, 2012. I applied the work permit online on the same day.
And I got it today (Feb 27, 2012) Issue date: Feb, 23. Exp. Date is same as the exp. date of my passport.

So immigration guys can work very quick, if it is needed (10 days (5 business days) instead of 16 days...)
My study permit will be exp tomorrow :D

Ps: I did my medicals Dec 22, 2010. So it is exp. No need to do it again, if they do not ask to do!!!

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
Misha big congrats to you. you have bn a great help in this forum. God will bless you beyond your expectations.

i just noticed i have not bn added on d log but i have bn posting all along. please add me up

received my application for pr on July 18 2011
Started processing on August 4th 2011
medical received

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Not sure if anyone else has seen this article, but hopefully the government will take some flak for it: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/02/27/lynne-aitchison-mom-without-medicare_n_1303565.html.

It took place in my neighbourhood, too - that's three blocks from my home.

I liked the government's excuse for long processing time on inland applications ("it's the computer's fault, it will get faster in a couple of years...")