Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
missha said:
:mad: Still no news on me :mad: ??? ::) :-X :'(
Don't worry, missha, they just want the suspense to mount for you. ;) They are probably working on apps in batches, and it seems like you will be opening a new batch next week or maybe even tomorrow. You are too close to be angry!:)

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Foofy said:
We received your application for permanent residence on February 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 31, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on February 22, 2012 to XXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

i got my AIP last week feb 16, and seems that second stage got approved yesterday
WOW! What an amazing timeline! less than a year!! Congratulations! You will be probably celebrating today! Your example also puts up our hopes for getting the second stage approved soon. That would be soooooo magnificent!!! :D

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey

i just want to know if people that already got their AIP were able to find a job!?
if yes please share your experience!
do you think companies hire people who has an open work permit!
is it easy to find a job?

it would be really nice of you to share your experience after your AIP

Thanks,

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no experience with this (yet!), but I'm sure you will have just as easy (or hard) a time as anyone else with the same skills. Usually all they care about is if you are allowed to work in Canada.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Berber_amazigh said:
Hey

i just want to know if people that already got their AIP were able to find a job!?
if yes please share your experience!
do you think companies hire people who has an open work permit!
is it easy to find a job?

it would be really nice of you to share your experience after your AIP

Thanks,

canadian employers do not care whether you have work prmit, residency or citizenship. whole they care is you sin#. just to answer you question, finding jop has nothing to do with papers so long you have one of them(auhtorized to work). how easy or difficult depend on you: education, skills, previous experience and the type of job you are looking for or want.

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Robotic said:
Hi everybody....holy smokes i been reading ALOT....anyways im about to send in my application....

i have a couple questions to ask...i read so much already on the websites but cant find accurate yes or no answers

so my first question is... in the application where it asks how long have i been living with my husband (my current address) on the frm start date - "to date"...what date do i put? the day im gonna send it in? or the day my vistor pass expires? or do i just write "current" because when i send in the app, ill still be living with him at that same address.

second question..where it ask for my client number and document number...which is the document number? (i knw which is the client number) is it the big number in red in the top right corner?

and final important answer...i need a yes or a no...when i send in my app...do i send in my extension app with it, or separate??...and i have read i can ask for up to a year where it asks wut date i want to extend to...this correct?

thank u guys so much for ur time!!
Hi Robotic link,

I will share with you my experiences and how I filled out the application.

1. I personally just wrote by hand "present" over the spaces for the date. I think they should have provided this option, but they didn't, so they shouldn't be too upset that we are not giving them the precise date.
2. Please specify the application form number and the number of the question that you are talking about. Otherwise it is hard to say...
3. Yes, this is correct. They do encourage applicants to obtain their TRVs (temporary visitor's visas) while they wait for their PR. However, different offices are in charge of issuing PRs and TRVs, so you will have to apply for them separately. When I applied, I asked to issue a TRV for me for one year (I applied in Dec 10 and asked until Dec 11). It took them half a year to process my request, but I still got it for a year (from Jun 11 till Jun 12). THis means that you will probably get it for a year from the date it will be issued.

Hope this helps. :)

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
liza-laziza said:
Hi Robotic link,

I will share with you my experiences and how I filled out the application.

1. I personally just wrote by hand "present" over the spaces for the date. I think they should have provided this option, but they didn't, so they shouldn't be too upset that we are not giving them the precise date.
2. Please specify the application form number and the number of the question that you are talking about. Otherwise it is hard to say...
3. Yes, this is correct. They do encourage applicants to obtain their TRVs (temporary visitor's visas) while they wait for their PR. However, different offices are in charge of issuing PRs and TRVs, so you will have to apply for them separately. When I applied, I asked to issue a TRV for me for one year (I applied in Dec 10 and asked until Dec 11). It took them half a year to process my request, but I still got it for a year (from Jun 11 till Jun 12). THis means that you will probably get it for a year from the date it will be issued.

Hope this helps. :)

Wow thank u soooooo much!!!!!......ok so where it ask if I have a legal document stating I'm legally have permission to stay in Canada frm so and so to so and so....it asks for my client number which I knw...then it asks for the document number....it's a document they stapled into my passport that gives me permission....so I'm assuming the document number it the big main number with a letter in front of it?

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Robotic said:
Wow thank u soooooo much!!!!!......ok so where it ask if I have a legal document stating I'm legally have permission to stay in Canada frm so and so to so and so....it asks for my client number which I knw...then it asks for the document number....it's a document they stapled into my passport that gives me permission....so I'm assuming the document number it the big main number with a letter in front of it?
Seems like your format of the visa is different from the one I had when I applied (my visa had "document number" clearly marked). Now I have a visa with a big red box in the upper right corner (probably, what you have too), so I would say the big red number is a document number. I wouldn't worry about that!

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Hello stressed:
I am in the same situation like you, I received PRRA application already, and my wife is sponsoring me , I checked CIC website and they transferred my file already to Etobicoke local office , I am really worried like you man, I don't have idea what is going on, we sent our sponsorship application last February and now I am under PRRA . Please keep us post , we can share our timeline.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
stressed said:
oh man...am so pissed off..my wife is sponsering me and we've been waiting since dec 2010 for a decison on our file..finally in Jan 2012!!!!!! a whole frecking year,they said it was transfered to the cic etobicoke office then in feb 2012 we got a mail to come in for interview.we were 30mins late for the interview then the B*TCH told us she is not going to do the interview again and we would have to wait on a new interview date which is probably going to take forever.the f*cked up thing is,i have a PRRA application pending from a refugee application i did,so if i get a reply from the PRRA before a decision is made on the sponsership,am basically F*UCKED.guys can u shed some light on this before i jump on the 401
yo this is too bad man. can't believe you just gave a chance to these guy to doubt your relationship like do you guys live together. in something important like this you dont sleep, u try to leave fomr 2 hrs ahead so be there on time no matter what. too bad just wait.

@ misha. i have been posting for sometime but never got the chance to let you know to add me to the chart as i thought it would be automatic. so pls if u dont mind, add me up...thanks

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
irishred said:
Wow. Another big jump today !!
Working on March 8th :) ;D
hey irished. situation ka dian ga a be nogo ya ni ala sona. comme tu vois, an ka tour to man dian tounkouni. kan ben

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
stressed said:
oh man...am so pissed off..my wife is sponsering me and we've been waiting since dec 2010 for a decison on our file..finally in Jan 2012!!!!!! a whole frecking year,they said it was transfered to the cic etobicoke office then in feb 2012 we got a mail to come in for interview.we were 30mins late for the interview then the B*TCH told us she is not going to do the interview again and we would have to wait on a new interview date which is probably going to take forever.the f*cked up thing is,i have a PRRA application pending from a refugee application i did,so if i get a reply from the PRRA before a decision is made on the sponsership,am basically F*UCKED.guys can u shed some light on this before i jump on the 401
so they did not serve you because you were late? did they let u explain why u were late?

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
qw123 said:
hey irished. situation ka dian ga a be nogo ya ni ala sona. comme tu vois, an ka tour to man dian tounkouni. kan ben
Hi
Sorry but i cannot reply as I do not understand :(

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I was at on CIC website to check the status of our application . Here is what I saw. What deos this means? Any idea please?. This is almost one year of waitting. How can they say that, they started processing ypur application after one year of submission of application.

We received your application for permanent residence on March 9, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 21, 2012.

Thanks.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
irishred said:
Hi
Sorry but i cannot reply as I do not understand :(
Sorry, I thought you speak Djoula as you are my neighbor as per your flag. I am originally from Mali, but never mind. Take care.

The end of the rod is far away but will come as time goes by.