App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hey everyone!! My husband and I had our application sent in by a consultant on October 25th 2011. We were told that it would take 9 months to get a work permit/visa, but since then I have learned that it will be more like 11-12. I just wanted to ask if my husband will be able to get a study permit by January 2013 for the start of the winter university semester. Does anyone have experience with this?

Also, I'm curious if the approval on our application will be delayed for any reason. My husband had no status when we applied, although he arrived here in 2008 on a study permit that expired in November 2010 after we were married. Our consultant told us that we had everything we needed before our file was sent (I mean photos, lease, cards etc). Has anyone else had a delayed application for not having status at the time of application?

Our consultant wasn't very clear with us so I would love some details.

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
tow75 said:
Hey everyone!! My husband and I had our application sent in by a consultant on October 25th 2011. We were told that it would take 9 months to get a work permit/visa, but since then I have learned that it will be more like 11-12. I just wanted to ask if my husband will be able to get a study permit by January 2013 for the start of the winter university semester. Does anyone have experience with this?

Also, I'm curious if the approval on our application will be delayed for any reason. My husband had no status when we applied, although he arrived here in 2008 on a study permit that expired in November 2010 after we were married. Our consultant told us that we had everything we needed before our file was sent (I mean photos, lease, cards etc). Has anyone else had a delayed application for not having status at the time of application?

I know this wont help, but I have been told that you MUST to have status of some sort, other wise your in country illegal. Im sure the cic office is going to want to know why he does not or did not have status. I have seen people on here say that as long as you have a application in process and your status expires there will be no problem. I would call the CIC and explain your issue.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tow75 said:

I had a friend who was out of status and applied for pr, it is really quite confusing as he had to wait more than 2 years to get approved as he explain why he overstayed his visa!
But i guess he will be fine!
Good luck!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Thanks for your replies!:) My husband had status when we got married...most of the reason why he was out of status for a year was because it took us a while to save up the money for the consultant fees, processing fees, medical exam etc. I asked our consultant about this and she said that it didn't matter as long as he doesn't have a criminal record. I can still see why CIC would want to look into this though!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
tow75 said:
Thanks for your replies!:) My husband had status when we got married...most of the reason why he was out of status for a year was because it took us a while to save up the money for the consultant fees, processing fees, medical exam etc. I asked our consultant about this and she said that it didn't matter as long as he doesn't have a criminal record. I can still see why CIC would want to look into this though!
Really, in or out of status does not matter at all. You do no need to be in status or applied for owp if not needed. He is automatically considered in "implied status" upon sending the app until a decision is made.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Berber_amazigh said:
No Jump!!! :mad:
soon... imagine they make a 12 days jump? .... I know I know... It will cost you nothing to dream but everything not to? right :D

604gtir

Nov 16, 2011
Berber_amazigh said:
No Jump!!! :mad:
the website is obviously not accurate, myself and a few others who have applications received after that date have received and in my case landed already.

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zoekitkat said:
Hello here,

Quick update, I received the letter saying that my husband has met the requirements to sponsor me. I received today (friday 27) as well my OWP ( what a relief). So after DM it took me 7 days to receive the letter from Vegreville.

Next step; find a job. Wish me good luck. But I have to say, after waiting a year to be finally able to work nothing seem harder than that.

Good luck to all of you that are still waiting.
*****************************************************************************************
Please give us the details of you application. i.e. When and where did you submit your application, when processing started etc.

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
aawwww man!!! there seemed to be so much movement on this couple weeks ago! so many people with good news and updates, but now everything is so slow, and the cic website gives no hopes!!! sucks! :(

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kdmosco said:
aawwww man!!! there seemed to be so much movement on this couple weeks ago! so many people with good news and updates, but now everything is so slow, and the cic website gives no hopes!!! sucks! :(

Please let us know how to check this on CIC website.

Thanks

akd

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011