+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

ZRA

Sep 13, 2011
Hi,

I have the same issue of "decision made" too! I have received the letter on January 13 2011 and whenever I call the CIC call center they inform me that I need max 9 months, I am so confused can someone tell me what is the time line for decision made for family sponsored inside canada, pls.

Thanks a million

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
missha said:
Seriously, its been so long. They are kinda stuck onto Oct application for quite sometime :)
Last year they were stuck on November 26 around the same time of the year.

xina

Sep 10, 2011
Hello! I am mexican citizen and I just got married with a Canadian Citizen Man, so I am working with all the papers to apply for and extension visitor visa, open work permit and permanent residence. So I have some questions, if someone can help me, I really will appreciate it, thanks a lot.

1. In the form GENERIC APPLICATION FOR CANADA IMM 0008 are asking for a National Identity Document, so in Mexico we use as ID the "Credencial para votar" is and ID to vote in elections, but this document has not an expiry date and filling the form dont let me continue if I dont fill this date., so what I can do??
2. In the checklist IMM 5443 form I need to attach my birth certificate (this document has to be translate to english??)
3. The police certificate has to be attach at the moment that I send the package with all the forms, I am confused with this point, because in the guide IMM 5289 said about the police certificate that I have to wait until immigration office review my case, they wll contact to me asking for this document... so what I have to do?
4. Which is the form for the open work permit ? In the form IMM 1249 that I am using to apply to extend my stay here in Canada has some options in the first part: A Extension of temporary resident status as visitor, B An initial study permit or extension of study permit, C An initial work permit or extension of work permit. So I have to mark the letter A and C??
5. About the feed, I have to pay a feed for the extension of mu status as visitor, another fee for the open work permit, another for the permanent residence, right??

I think are all my questions for now. thanks again for all the help that can give me...

Xina

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
adzees said:
Last year they were stuck on November 26 around the same time of the year.
is there by any chache any time that the move on one or two months in one shot?

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
perk said:
Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total TimeforAIP PR/LANDED

Dominican22 Jan.12 Feb.23

fleo Jan.24

sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8

newcanuck Jan.31 Mar.9

dorina Feb.3 Mar.10

Ottawa_inland Feb.23 Mar.24

Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8

missha Mar.18 Apr.12

jadarius Mar.22

citlali2010 Mar.28 Apr.19

gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18

angtao Mar.31 Apr.19

chau01 May 2 May 11

Yumamy May 2 May 11

ryan_stw May 3 May 18

canadiancitizen May 9 May 24

Valhalla May 12 May 26

threa May 12 May 31

Lordsloman May 17

Berber_amazigh May 18 May 30

Heidtincnd June 24 June 29

Weerth July 8 July 22

Sluma July 11

Perk July 15 Aug 4

Abozzy July 20
Can i get added to ur magic list?

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
angtao said:
Welcome Wery. I love seeing our list grow everyday.

canadian, I wonder when we will see our 1st April applicant. I am sure we will see them soon. It is funny though.

It sucks that there was no jump today and it I also noticed that it is now taking 10-11 months. That freakin sucks:( I am so pissed. Does anyone know if things start moving quickly again in September? Are the 12 day jumps gone forever?

I am also very happy that today I have hit the 5 month mark. Another 5.5 months to go.
Hello Can u please u please add me to the list .. my app was recieved on april 4,2011 and it was processed on april 21 Thank U..this is so exciting!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
YAY, we have our 1st ever April applicant. Welcome to our thread lyrical. You have to promise us to keep up with any updates that you may have.

ZRA, can you give us more info, when was your app received by Vegreville and when it started processing?

Xina, I am sorry, I do not know the answers to your questions. Yo may want to post your questions to the Inland 2010 thread. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on there.

Now approving apps received on or after Oct.18, 2010 - 2 day jump on Sept.7

Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Junglist82 Jan.7 Feb.21

cangaceiro Jan.10

Dominican22 Jan.12 Feb.23

fleo Jan.24

sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8

newcanuck Jan.31 Mar.9

wery Feb.2 Mar.11

dorina Feb.3 Mar.10

Ottawa_inland Feb.23 Mar.24

Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8

missha Mar.18 Apr.12

wtd Mar.21 Apr.14

jadarius Mar.22

citlali2010 Mar.28 Apr.19

gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18

angtao Mar.31 Apr.19

lyrical Apr.4 Apr.21

chau01 May 2 May 11

Yumamy May 2 May 11

ryan_stw May 3 May 18

canadiancitizen May 9 May 24

Valhalla May 12 May 26

threa May 12 May 31

Lordsloman May 17

Berber_amazigh May 18 May 30

Nilyam May 24 June 7

Scotish lass June 2 June 13

Heidtincnd June 24 June 29

Weerth July 8 July 22

Sluma July 11 July 22

perk July 15 Aug.4

Xanthe July 18 Aug.4

Abozzy July 20 Aug.12

buima July 20 July 28

ilovecanada4ever July 29

nazam80 Aug.18

schillachi Aug.29

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
xina said:
Hello! I am mexican citizen and I just got married with a Canadian Citizen Man, so I am working with all the papers to apply for and extension visitor visa, open work permit and permanent residence. So I have some questions, if someone can help me, I really will appreciate it, thanks a lot.

1. In the form GENERIC APPLICATION FOR CANADA IMM 0008 are asking for a National Identity Document, so in Mexico we use as ID the "Credencial para votar" is and ID to vote in elections, but this document has not an expiry date and filling the form dont let me continue if I dont fill this date., so what I can do??
2. In the checklist IMM 5443 form I need to attach my birth certificate (this document has to be translate to english??)
3. The police certificate has to be attach at the moment that I send the package with all the forms, I am confused with this point, because in the guide IMM 5289 said about the police certificate that I have to wait until immigration office review my case, they wll contact to me asking for this document... so what I have to do?
4. Which is the form for the open work permit ? In the form IMM 1249 that I am using to apply to extend my stay here in Canada has some options in the first part: A Extension of temporary resident status as visitor, B An initial study permit or extension of study permit, C An initial work permit or extension of work permit. So I have to mark the letter A and C??
5. About the feed, I have to pay a feed for the extension of mu status as visitor, another fee for the open work permit, another for the permanent residence, right??

I think are all my questions for now. thanks again for all the help that can give me...

Xina

1: Use your passport as national identity document which has a expedition date an a EXPIRY DATE. This is the document you might use for all your paperwork (la credencial para votar) wont be too helpful.

2: The instruction guide says all documents that are in a language other that ENGLISH or FRENCH MUST been translated to either one.

3: You dont need to attach your police certificate because indeed the immigration officer will requested later after you get first stage approval (AIP). And i do recommend that you wait till they ask you for because you will need both: a state police certificate and a federal police certificate and this last one, if you are applying from in Canada it will need a little extra work from you.
check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

The number 4 and 5 i cannot answered them because im not that wise ;) Lol.

I hope it was helpful Xina and feel free to ask more question or to ask for a second opinion.

Valhalla...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
ZRA said:
Hi,

I have the same issue of "decision made" too! I have received the letter on January 13 2011 and whenever I call the CIC call center they inform me that I need max 9 months, I am so confused can someone tell me what is the time line for decision made for family sponsored inside canada, pls.

Thanks a million
I really think you should call them, cause normally, for what I ve seen with others members of this site, it takes max. 6 weeks.. call them.. :)

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
hello everyone. any update from CIC?

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
Hi All,

Hope you all are still up-to-date your news in this thread and enjoy waiting here ;)). Waiting seems to be so long now with the ones who like me as I can not do anything without permission...so in the meantime, I want to do something at least to improve my profession before I move on the next step. However, in my visitor record there are statement saying that I am not allowed to work or study while waiting until the first approval process. My question is: what about online study? Am I eligible to study online? If I am accepted, then I would go ahead to apply for this course which would be great and perfect to get ready for a new life here (I hope I am accepted by CIC for sponsorship too).

If any of you ever heard about or had the experience with this, please let me know as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for your attention and prompt answer.

Heidy

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Last update: September 14, 2011

10-11 months
(initial assessment)

(working on applications received on October 22, 2010)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi Heidi, I am not sure about this. Maybe ask the Inland 2010 thread?

Ya lyrical, crappy jump today. They moved a whopping 4 days! WTF?

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Heidyincnd said:
Hi All,

Hope you all are still up-to-date your news in this thread and enjoy waiting here ;)). Waiting seems to be so long now with the ones who like me as I can not do anything without permission...so in the meantime, I want to do something at least to improve my profession before I move on the next step. However, in my visitor record there are statement saying that I am not allowed to work or study while waiting until the first approval process. My question is: what about online study? Am I eligible to study online? If I am accepted, then I would go ahead to apply for this course which would be great and perfect to get ready for a new life here (I hope I am accepted by CIC for sponsorship too).

If any of you ever heard about or had the experience with this, please let me know as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for your attention and prompt answer.

Heidy
Hi Heidy,

You can study here even without a student visa as long as you have legal status. I´m under a tourist visa and I´m taking a course at the University of Toronto, french classes and before I got a certificate from Ryerson. The point is that, for some courses, you will pay 2x more just because you are not a resident.
You can´t work until you get your permit but you can try to get volunteer job. And listen, this is VERY important for you in the future because all the companies here will ask you about your "canadian experience".

Go to http://www.volunteertoronto.ca/ and look for available positions. Don´t forget to tell them you are not eligible to work here and you don´t have residence (just to make it clear).

Cheers!

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
weerth said:
Hi Heidy,

You can study here even without a student visa as long as you have legal status. I´m under a tourist visa and I´m taking a course at the University of Toronto, french classes and before I got a certificate from Ryerson. The point is that, for some courses, you will pay 2x more just because you are not a resident.
You can´t work until you get your permit but you can try to get volunteer job. And listen, this is VERY important for you in the future because all the companies here will ask you about your "canadian experience".

Go to http://www.volunteertoronto.ca/ and look for available positions. Don´t forget to tell them you are not eligible to work here and you don´t have residence (just to make it clear).

Cheers!

Yooohoooo...thanks a lot for your answer Weerth....I am very much appreciated. Thank heaps for your suggestion regarding working as volunteer. This is a great Idea. I will visit your suggested link and hopefully I could get a volunteer job as I wish.