Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/07/2013
Hi,

My husband will be sponsoring me, I'm a national of Mexico and I've been living with him for more than 3 years, we have a child together (born canadian), I'm guessing I don't really have to include her in my documents, other than the family form, since she's canadian? I have some other questions if someone could help please:

For what I understood there are 2 different packages one for inland and another for outland and after filling in the forms the only difference after that is where I'm mailing the package? either Alberta or Mississauga.
If I apply from outland and if they ask for an interview, is it possible to ask to be interviewed in Canada?

If I'm applying outland, the criminal check document needs to be only from Mexico? even though I have stayed in Canada as a visitor for more than 6 months at times, extending my visitor visa and leaving the country and returning.

Hod long do the documents I want to submit take to expire?

I think that's all for now, thanks in advance.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Cerezita said:
Hi,

My husband will be sponsoring me, I'm a national of Mexico and I've been living with him for more than 3 years, we have a child together (born canadian), I'm guessing I don't really have to include her in my documents, other than the family form, since she's canadian? I have some other questions if someone could help please:

For what I understood there are 2 different packages one for inland and another for outland and after filling in the forms the only difference after that is where I'm mailing the package? either Alberta or Mississauga.
If I apply from outland and if they ask for an interview, is it possible to ask to be interviewed in Canada?

If I'm applying outland, the criminal check document needs to be only from Mexico? even though I have stayed in Canada as a visitor for more than 6 months at times, extending my visitor visa and leaving the country and returning.

Hod long do the documents I want to submit take to expire?

I think that's all for now, thanks in advance.
You are right concerning the child. Police clearances expire after three months and they must be submitted with your application before they expire. You do not have to submit Canadian police clearances as CIC will do it themselves, but you have to get the Mexican clearance yourself. You ought to call CIC to ask about this interview in Canada but most likely the interview will not be required if you have no issues of concern. We applied outland even though we are, living in Canada because the process is faster and allows traveling outside of Canada. Good luck with your application.

Cerezita

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/07/2013
Thanks for your reply I appreciate it :)

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
If you apply outland and they request and interview they will not hold it in Canada. As for the documents the criminal checks have a three month expiry and the medicals have one year.

Take Care
MadeInCanada