+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR Card - 13 months delayed

vin_lee

Apr 16, 2022
Halifax
Category........
Other
I got my permanent residency and CoPR on March 26,2021, and applied for my PR card right away and submitted my photo to IRCC through mail.

The status of my application online says that it was SUBMITTED and for a year now I haven't received any notification or updates with regards to my PR card.

I have contacted IRCC numerous time through phone call and webform with regards to my PR card but they always says that "Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online. The processing office will contact you if further information is needed." or they're prioritizing refugees from Afghanistan and Ukraine.

I have known many individuals who got their PR card within 3 months after receiving their Permanent Residency and CoPR.

How does IRCC prioritize processing PR cards? I wish they'll just give me an update or something than keeping me in the dark.

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
I got my permanent residency and CoPR on March 26,2021, and applied for my PR card right away and submitted my photo to IRCC through mail.

The status of my application online says that it was SUBMITTED and for a year now I haven't received any notification or updates with regards to my PR card.

I have contacted IRCC numerous time through phone call and webform with regards to my PR card but they always says that "Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online. The processing office will contact you if further information is needed." or they're prioritizing refugees from Afghanistan and Ukraine.

I have known many individuals who got their PR card within 3 months after receiving their Permanent Residency and CoPR.

How does IRCC prioritize processing PR cards? I wish they'll just give me an update or something than keeping me in the dark.
Hello,

That's a bit ridiculous and how frustrating it must be for you. I'll suggest calling them very early in the morning and insist to speak with a supervisor or manager, try putting in another webform here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application and contact your MP to reach out to them. I heard IRCC has about 72hrs to respond when an MP contacts them regarding an application. I hope it gets sorted out soon!

akglad

Dec 31, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2021
AOR Received.
06-01-2022
File Transfer...