+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information regarding number of applications received

Traveler 1

Feb 4, 2011
Hello all,
As you might be aware, there are new rules to be implemented as of 1 July 2011. What I was able to find out so far is that they will be giving more points for the language and age factors and less for work experience, however I was not able to find out if they are going to make any changes to the National Occupation List; Please let me know if have any information on this regards,

Moving forward to my question, I need to know if one can still apply if the CAP to his NOC is almost full? Please take into consideration that not all of the applications that are accepted passes all the way to award a PR status.

Appreciate your replies,

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
No one knows when they will/may announce changes to the current NOC categories. Previous NOC 38 was in use for more than 2 years before it became 29. As far as applying for a NOC rapidly reaching the CAP, it is your call. You can look at the past two months worth of TOTAL APPLICATIONS TOWARD CAP and how many per day were received in your NOC (do not go by the average number of applications/day in the tracker as that is averaged back to July and does not reflect how many are NOW coming in). For example, 1122 had about 15 per day coming in near the end; 0631 has had about 8 per day recently. Also take into consideration how many days it seems to take for most CC to be charged (3-5) and that may give further information about how many days worth of applications are backlogged and not included in the most recent figures. I estimated that 0631 would cap between 14-17 April....yet to be proved right or wrong and keep in mind I never liked MATH. Good luck with your application.