+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information about documents: do they need translation?

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Excuse me everyone...i am doing my sponsorship to my partner as a PR...i m just thinking
should we have an official translation (from an official translator of the consulate) of all our documents?

i mean criminal checks
school diploma and birth certificate of my partner (this one is already in the european format with all the languages in europe)
and letters we sent each other ? that are obviously in italian....

should we do the translate them even if we send to the ROMA (italy) visa office?
THANK U111

Cusin

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi yes you have to translate im dealing with Rome too and i was told to translate all docs to english i did not translate the letters thow and it was fine good luck to you

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
on the cic.gov.ca they say that all submitted paperwork must be provided with certified English or French translation.
good luck!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirkopal said:
Excuse me everyone...i am doing my sponsorship to my partner as a PR...i m just thinking
should we have an official translation (from an official translator of the consulate) of all our documents?

i mean criminal checks
school diploma and birth certificate of my partner (this one is already in the european format with all the languages in europe)
and letters we sent each other ? that are obviously in italian....

should we do the translate them even if we send to the ROMA (italy) visa office?
THANK U111
For the documents you are describing, YES, you need a certified translation. If you are talking about emails, chat records, cards, letters, etc., you could provide that translation yourself unless otherwise stated in the Region Specific Guide.

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hi cuisin
are u italian?
i am wondering if you did the medical visit in rome....because i called milan and they told me that i need 5 pix for the medical...
while in rome they asked me 6...
i am a little bit confused.....

Cusin

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi im canadian my parents are italian and my husband is british italian we live in tuscany when my husband did his medical in rome from what i remember it was 4photos the appointment was for 9am and we were there all morning then had to leave at 1230 to come back at 3pm because xray tec was not in dont you just love italy for things like that. So when you go to rome be prepared to make a day of it wish you luck at least this way there is another italian that i can talk to as i have not found any information of people who delt with Rome we are now waiting for PR from rome we just got sponsership approvel Oct 7 so now we wait

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hi cuisin
are u italian?
i am wondering if you did the medical visit in rome....because i called milan and they told me that i need 5 pix for the medical...
while in rome they asked me 6...
i am a little bit confused.....

concerning the documents....u need TRADUZIONE CERTIFICATA CON ASSEVERAZIONE DEL TRIBUNALE?

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
OK CUSIN
well i have been sponsored in the past...and i did the medical visit in rome...i remember i went to the clinic (that is really not well located) and i did blood test and visit in the morning and after x ray...
right now i m sponsoring my partner and he s going to do it in milan....i spoke with the doctor yesterday to take an appointement and he told us that we will need 5 photos...
one thing: the medical visit will last one year? because i m probably sending my application 10-15 days after he s going to do it, because we still need some documents in his file...
concerning the traduction...well i m looking for the cheapest translator as possible...car i have experience with that ( when i started studying in canada I have translated tons of documents through official translator) and i have also read that u can translate by yourself, bringing to the tribunal and let them correct and in the case pay only the tax of the tribunal

however....
which category are u applying?

Cusin

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spousel and we took it to the peace judge and is alot cheaper and our friend is a translator so she did all translations then we took it to the peace judge and everything was fine how long did it take you to get your PR approvel from Rome if you dont mind me asking

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
ok so u need
1) a translator or u can do it by yourself and bringing to the judge? (i have a translator friend but I am capable to do it by myself).
how can u contact a peace judge?

2) concerning the second question.... it took me less than 4 months....check YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE...i m sending you information and email to talk more privately about it

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Cusin other thing
which documents did u bring at the medical visit?
only appendix c? and what they give u back?
pleas eanswer

Cusin

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you bring pictures and passport with appendix c and they will give you a reciept to send in with you papers