+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

info on inland application please

leslieteh09

May 14, 2010
i am planning to sponsor my husband into canada using the inland application. he needs (and has) a tourist visa to be able to visit canada.

1. his tourist visa will expire at the end of sept. this year, can he still come on sept 1? i plan to submit the inland application within sept.
2. at immigration at the canadian airport, can he say he will come to canada for an inland application? will that be a problem?
3. so if i submit my application in sept, how long and how will i know that it has been received by cic?
4. does he have to apply for extension of tourist visa? if not, what should he do?
5. if he is able to find a company who is willing to sponsor his work visa, can he still apply for a work visa while inland application is on-going?

thanks so much!

I

iarblue

Once he gets here you will need to send the app in right away to make sure he is under implied status(work Permit app).He will not get the work permit for approx 7 months.He can not work until he gets his permit.If you send your app bu courier it will have a tracking number so you can see it was recieved by mississauga.
And what he says at the POE is he is coming for a visit.If he says he is coming in to start the process he may be sent home(but its always up to the IO.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
leslieteh09 said:
1. his tourist visa will expire at the end of sept. this year, can he still come on sept 1? i plan to submit the inland application within sept.
Yes, he can still come. Any time before the visa expires is OK.
2. at immigration at the canadian airport, can he say he will come to canada for an inland application? will that be a problem?
He should say he is coming to visit you. Don't mention the application, in particular because you haven't submitted it yet.

leslieteh09

May 14, 2010
hi - i called up cic call center earlier and they told me he should tell the immigration officer that he is coming for an inland application. do you think its still not right and is risky?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
leslieteh09 said:
hi - i called up cic call center earlier and they told me he should tell the immigration officer that he is coming for an inland application. do you think its still not right and is risky?
!!!?
I wouldn't mention it. It's not necessary. He has the needed visitor visa, and he's coming to visit you. That's enough information for the border official, and will probably be all they will ask him. Of course, if they specifically ask about an inland PR application, he should tell the truth, but volunteer it? I wouldn't, especially since the application is not in yet.
Let's see what more experienced posters think.

darelro

Mar 16, 2010
He should declare at the entrance about starting the inland application. Nobody will send him back.
He will get a different entrance stamp , or notes which will help getting the health coverage immediately. At least this the rule in Alberta about health coverage for a spouse who's not yet Canadian resident. You have bellow the answer I got when I tried to get health coverage for my spouse before obtaining the permanent resident status.
" The visitor's record must show they are "applicants for landing" (AFL) in the remarks section of the document. "