NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
UPDATE:
I was able to submit 2 surrender applications at BLS Missisauga office. As usual application fees + Courier services charged to me.
- BLS person is verifying information of application form is matching with your passport, he found one of spelling mistake in District name (In passport it was "xxxxTx), whereas in Passport Seva application dropdown it is "xxxxx" without extra T) from my Place of birth. After checking with another collegue he accepted that mistake else I was in tension to re-submit form.
@abbas.pasha : Thanks Boss for your valueable inputs !! Chatur student able to submit surrender application ;)

- The printed application form bar code was not getting scanned so he entered few information manual. (TIP: Keep your submitted surrender application form PDF in your email, so that can be use for scanning)

Overall experience was good, everything done in 30 mins.

01-May-2024: Application submitted at BLS, Mississauga Office
01-May-2024: Status on Passport Seva : Surrender Certificate application form has been submitted and on BLS - application Status -Under Process

Anyone successful to submit surrender application at Mississauga office?
Our today's (4/30) surrender appointment reshcedule for Friday (5/3) due to passport application was not working :(

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Sorry my question was about Citizenship e-certificate. Did you use the printed copy of e-certificate while applying for Surrender Certificate?
I did my process in 2022 when e-certificate were not common.
But e-certificates will work. One of my friends submitted his wife and daughter's SC requested and they had printed the e-certificates without any issues

Reactions: rovar473

Himanshu28

Oct 11, 2019
My surrender application timeline.

Application submitted at BLS, Brampton Office - 4/20/2024
Under process BLS - 4/20/2024
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General -4/22/2024
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.4/25/2024
Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. 4/26/2024
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance. 4/27/2024
Surrender certificate has been printed. 4/29/2024
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre 4/30/2024
Ready for Collection BLS 5/1/2024 ( Comments: Passport dispatched purolator tracking id XYZ)

CCGo

Mar 5, 2024
One more Great Experience:)

Whoever want to Pick up surrender certificate/passport/OCI/PPC don't book an appointment or go to BLS MISSISSAUA location. Pickup Service is not available at this location.

It is not written on anywhere on their BLS Website and not even in appointment slip. They will not let you pick up from Brampton BLS as well. Also, the guys at BLS Mississauga will be tell this only at the time of Payment. As will not have time we have to pay 60 dollars for each application for their luxurious courier service.

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
Update from BLS Mississauga appointment:
1. Went at 12:30 for 12:40 appt, took us instantly.
2. Wait time was about 30 minutes.
3. Got photos clicked at the centre - interesting charges on the receipt - They charged $100 per person (premium service) for photos and courier!!! Photo cost was only $25 - they took an additional $15 for nothing at all! They only click photo for pasting on the application - so likely just 1 and not 2 because they did not give back anything. Amount paid - $118.4 application fee + $63.3 return courier + $36.7 photos = $218.4 per person (total = $436.8). Loot macha rakha hai.
4. Accepted all our documents and forms and gave us the tracking numbers. On the checklist, make sure to write the date you visit BLS not the Application Date.
5. BLS Mississauga does not offer pick up! Also, courier charges are now standardized to $60 (does not matter if it is out of province or not).
6. Your application form, fill in all details exactly as per passport, even the Emergency Contact as full name and address.

@abbas.pasha bhai, aapke time se kaafi badlav aaya hai service me. But one thing is good, if you get at least one service from them, they will accept your application as is.
Same thing happen to me also .. i did today in mississauga office.. they asked me put what is in indian passport in the form, my birth place mentioned in indian passport as 'Chennai, Tamil Nadu'.. i put same in the form. but they told only i need to put only 'Chennai' :) i asked them, u told to put the details as per indian passport.. but they are giving unneccessary details.. for that they told its mistake and they will fill for my application and they charged 28 CAD + tax for each application.. for me, my spouse and kid.. totally i paid 691 CAD.. 118 cad for each application fee + 100 cad for each application(Courier(60 cad) + application filling(28 CAD) + tax) + 36 Cad for photo( 18 Cad for each person, for me & my spouse only and kid they told free( may be i paid extra 300 CAD :) ) One photo they given, which can be used for OCI)..

I asked them why 60 cad for each application for courier charge and you can charge one courier price and send all the SC in one courier. but BLS person told they cant do like that. Also i asked its very high price for courier. the person had a smile and told that how BLS charge.. i can clearly understand they are charging extra money with their smile. so beware of this.. any way i paid extra 90 CAD for form filling + 36 CAD for photo , rest everyone should pay..

Last edited:

rohitmalik04

May 1, 2024
Hi All, is anyone also seeing much longer processing time for their SC application at Ottawa. We submitted application in first week of March, and its still showing under processing on passport seva portal. Also there was a slight spelling difference of place of birth in Canada passport and old Indian passport for which BLS asked and I wrote a letter explaining it. Anyone ever had this issue/problem?

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Hi All, is anyone also seeing much longer processing time for their SC application at Ottawa. We submitted application in first week of March, and its still showing under processing on passport seva portal. Also there was a slight spelling difference of place of birth in Canada passport and old Indian passport for which BLS asked and I wrote a letter explaining it. Anyone ever had this issue/problem?
Same issue. With every single SC applicant in Ottawa jurisdiction. Taking forever.

If you have additional issues, more waiting times and totally upto their whim.

Reactions: rohitmalik04

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Same thing happen to me also .. i did today in mississauga office.. they asked me put what is in indian passport in the form, my birth place mentioned in indian passport as 'Chennai, Tamil Nadu'.. i put same in the form. but they told only i need to put only 'Chennai' :) i asked them, u told to put the details as per indian passport.. but they are giving unneccessary details.. for that they told its mistake and they will fill for my application and they charged 28 CAD + tax for each application.. for me, my spouse and kid.. totally i paid 691 CAD.. 118 cad for each application fee + 100 cad for each application(Courier(60 cad) + application filling(28 CAD) + tax) + 36 Cad for photo( 18 Cad for each person, for me & my spouse only and kid they told free( may be i paid extra 300 CAD :) ) One photo they given, which can be used for OCI)..

I asked them why 60 cad for each application for courier charge and you can charge one courier price and send all the SC in one courier. but BLS person told they cant do like that. Also i asked its very high price for courier. the person had a smile and told that how BLS charge.. i can clearly understand they are charging extra money with their smile. so beware of this.. any way i paid extra 90 CAD for form filling + 36 CAD for photo , rest everyone should pay..
WOW!!! You got one photo back?! They did not give us any photos back.

Reactions: anburaj

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
WOW!!! You got one photo back?! They did not give us any photos back.
I asked them while take the photo.. so they told they give totally two photo, one photo they will use for SC and another one they told they will give me.. You need to ask :) otherwise they will not give.. so next time for OCI again you need to take photo , so they will get money :)

• Sad
Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I asked them while take the photo.. so they told they give totally two photo, one photo they will use for SC and another one they told they will give me.. You need to ask :) otherwise they will not give.. so next time for OCI again you need to take photo , so they will get money :)
They told me they only give one photo and said we don't give any back to you.

• Wow
Reactions: anburaj