+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
SC fee reduced????? when? it has gone up marginally i think. incidentally the $38.7 fee you are referring to - is for those who became Canadian citizens before 2010. this was the case (fee) earlier too. what am i missing??
I had a friend of mine who went for SC submission to Mississauga on Apr 1 they recently became Canadian citizens.
That’s how I got the info that SC few now is $34 plus the $3 for ICWF and $1.7 for BLS
That’s what the other member also whose post I shared above
They reduced the SC but at the same time increased the OCI fee

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
I had a friend of mine who went for SC submission to Mississauga on Apr 1 they recently became Canadian citizens.
That’s how I got the info that SC few now is $34 plus the $3 for ICWF and $1.7 for BLS
That’s what the other member also whose post I shared above
They reduced the SC but at the same time increased the OCI fee
BLS and their antics - make me feel at times i'm either mad, lost or gone blind!

ok, lets break this down
fee as per BLS - 117 (38 for CA citizens < year 2010)
fee as per CGI/HCI - 117 (38 for CA citizens < year 2010)

either the counter person didn't apply the correct fee (WOW), or your friend is mistaken (but aisey kyu hoga)....

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
I just called BLS to clarify on the fee and some other questions.
They informed me that from 1st April till last week the fee was reduced to 38.7 and now its back to 117...
They were not able to clarify why was this done and would there be any near future fee changes ..

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
BLS and their antics - make me feel at times i'm either mad, lost or gone blind!

ok, lets break this down
fee as per BLS - 117 (38 for CA citizens < year 2010)
fee as per CGI/HCI - 117 (38 for CA citizens < year 2010)

either the counter person didn't apply the correct fee (WOW), or your friend is mistaken (but aisey kyu hoga)....
I checked with him not once but thrice

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So I requested for extras when I took passport photos for Canadian passport application. Can I use these photos for the surrender certificate or will I have to take different photos?

NNVV

Jan 20, 2021
hey i went to Surrey BLS on April 10 2024 and they say that they are not accepting application as the fee is not updated for Indian Passport Surrender application process but i saw on their website, its changed to $38.7. i am not sure why they didn't accept my application.

anyone in same boat?
Did you try to submit your application with revised fees? I can see the revised fees of $117.7 on BLS website.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
  • You can submit for your partner as per the standard process you'd follow for your application.
  • You can make the payment for SC, Photographs, Courier etc in one go through Debit card or exact cash (CC are not accepted)
  • Try and be there 5-10 mins early
Follow up question -

Is it better to get photos clicked at BLS Mississauga? Or should I have them clicked before going to the centre?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Follow up question -

Is it better to get photos clicked at BLS Mississauga? Or should I have them clicked before going to the centre?
Get them clicked at BLS when you go there for your SC appointment..
They will give print of 2 photos
One photo you can use for SC and the other one for OCI (for OCI you will have use your phone to take the digital copy of the photo for upload onto the OCI portal, but leave that for another day)

Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Get them clicked at BLS when you go there for your SC appointment..
They will give print of 2 photos
One photo you can use for SC and the other one for OCI (for OCI you will have use your phone to take the digital copy of the photo for upload onto the OCI portal, but leave that for another day)
Perfect! Thank you again @abbas.pasha!

Another question - appointment is on 26th - should I prep everything (follow the checklist) now or should I wait until one day before?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Perfect! Thank you again @abbas.pasha!

Another question - appointment is on 26th - should I prep everything (follow the checklist) now or should I wait until one day before?
SC application is straight forward should not take more than a few hours to arrange your docs.
But like I suggested in previous post, take all original docs and copies of the same to BLS including Canadian and Indian Passport, Citizenship Certificate, Proof of Address (DL/Utility Bill), Marriage Certificate (if you are married), CpPR document (i know not required but BLS hain to kuch bhee mumkin hain)
Also make sure you print all pages of the checklist, sirf cover page print kiya to bhi they will reject your application or pay for print out charges of the complete checklist

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
SC application is straight forward should not take more than a few hours to arrange your docs.
But like I suggested in previous post, take all original docs and copies of the same to BLS including Canadian and Indian Passport, Citizenship Certificate, Proof of Address (DL/Utility Bill), Marriage Certificate (if you are married), CpPR document (i know not required but BLS hain to kuch bhee mumkin hain)
Yessir! Sab kuch leke jaunga! Thank you :)