+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got charged 187$ even though the two receipts she gave me totalled to 181$. Didn’t check and only realized after reaching home. On the brighter side pretty much hassle free and got done within 40 mins. So I’ll call it a win even though they are such robbers. Thanks for the info !
Do we need to put date and stamp on both of the photos for surrender application ?

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Do we need to put date and stamp on both of the photos for surrender application ?
It is not mandatory by CGI Toronto website and available official guidelines for photo.

However, when I went to submit my OCI application earlier in January this year, the gentle lady at the BLS counter insisted to get dated photo (some new propaganda for photos). My Family was using exact same photos (600x600 px, 51x51mm) used for their surrender certificate 4 weeks back and there same photo was on Canadian passport too but they wanted to make money with their shitty behaviour. After bit of arguments, I had to sign an undertaking for my own liability for rejection of application.

Eventually, I got OCI with my photo which I clicked at home with iPhone (changed from surrender certificate) and printed at Walmart after using some of my photoshop skills.

There's no harm of getting dated/stamped photo, if you are getting a new set of photo. Otherwise, it is not mandatory but be ready for photo harassment by BLS.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1626187593Photograph Guidance for Applicants.pdf

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
It is not mandatory by CGI Toronto website and available official guidelines for photo.

However, when I went to submit my OCI application earlier in January this year, the gentle lady at the BLS counter insisted to get dated photo. After bit of arguments, I had to sign an undertaking for my own liability for rejection of application.

Eventually, I got OCI with my photo which I clicked at home with iPhone and printed at Walmart after using some of my photoshop skills.

There's no harm of getting dated/stamped photo, if you are getting a new set of photo. Otherwise, it is not mandatory but be ready for photo harassment by BLS.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1626187593Photograph Guidance for Applicants.pdf
Gentle Lady - Love the sarcasm haha...

• Haha
Reactions: wincanton

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Hi,

Did you click the photos outside or in BLS ? if outside then did they made any issues with outside photos ? Please confirm.
BLS is money mongering organization with desi staff. Expect that they'll rip you for photos.

During my passport surrender last year in December, they created issue and I contested. I took scale with me during surrender application and did my home work for arguments.
They let me use my existing passport photo which I cropped (600x600 px, 51x51mm) using photoshop and got it printed at Walmart.

No questions asked for my family with self cropped and printed photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
BLS is money mongering organization with desi staff. Expect that they'll rip you for photos.

During my passport surrender last year in December, they created issue and I contested. I took scale with me during surrender application and did my home work for arguments.
They let me use my existing passport photo which I cropped (600x600 px, 51x51mm) using photoshop and got it printed at Walmart.

No questions asked for my family with self cropped and printed photos.
@wincanton bhai ne BLS ke baaju main photo studio khol diya hain... sab logon se nivedan hain photo wahin khichwaayein ;)
English main bole to... He has opened up a side hustle and showing off :D

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Went to the Toronto BLS this morning for passport surrender. Waited for about two hours in the cold outside and didn't get a chance to get in. Here's something to know so you don't have to wait in queue like I did: if you are visiting this location, go with an appointment. And if you just cannot book one, stand in queue well before the 8am opening so that you are among the first five or seven walk-in's they do allow in. And to book an appointment for everything except OCI: select any option in the appointment booking drop-down list and you may see more slots available. But for an OCI appointment, you must select OCI in the drop-down list else you will be asked to join the queue outside.
Hi, when we book appointment in BLS Toronto, is one appointment slot sufficient for all family members? or does each family member need a separate slot? Thank you!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, when we book appointment in BLS Toronto, is one appointment slot sufficient for all family members? or does each family member need a separate slot? Thank you!
Separate appointments have to be booked for each applicant even if one member is at the centre submitting applications for all of the applicants
It’s mentioned on the BLS website

Last edited:
Reactions: alexross

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Separate appointments have to be booked for each applicant even if one member is at the centre submitting applications for all of the applicants
It’s mentioned on the BLS website
Thank you so much for this information!

One more question if you don't mind, do they allow walk-ins without appointment? Or is it only with appointment? I see in this forum some people mention walk-ins, but in the BLS website it is mentioned appointments are strictly required, hence a bit confused about this.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

One more question if you don't mind, do they allow walk-ins without appointment? Or is it only with appointment? I see in this forum some people mention walk-ins, but in the BLS website it is mentioned appointments are strictly required, hence a bit confused about this.
Best is to call BLS and confirm or wait for other members to reply
Another possibility is the get an appointment under Passport or Visa category if appointments for OCI are not available

Last edited:

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Passport Fee: 119
ICWF Charge: 3
BLS Service Fee: 6.55
Courier Fee: 26.55
HST/GST : 4.3
Debit Card Fee: 0.70
Total: 160.10

They charge me total 181.10, so I think 21$ they charge for photo.
Is paying for courier mandatory when opting for appointment service? Can one not just collect the passport via walk-in or appointment? Or is this the courier fee for BLS to Consulate and back?

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
@wincanton bhai ne BLS ke baaju main photo studio khol diya hain... sab logon se nivedan hain photo wahin khichwaayein ;)
English main bole to... He has opened up a side hustle and showing off :D
Ayiye, shuruwat aap se hi karte hai :)
Ek Tim-Hortons ki double-double bhi pilayenge.
Aur muh Balushahi se mitha karayenge :)

• Love
Reactions: sumitbajaj07

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017

i think it depends on the location. when i went on 16th to the Toronto BLS, they were allowing walk-ins. however there is no guarantee that if you are in line for walk in they will take you inside. it depends on capacity. if 10 people are standing in line and they have capacity for only taking 5 people, the others will be refused.