+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Essess

May 8, 2024
Hi All, I have applied for surrender certificate in BLS Brampton by walk in appointment on 27th April-2024. Still it is displaying as Processing at Consulate General in BLS tracking site. How many days it is taking to get the surrender certificate? Thanks.
What it shows on passport sewa site?

Essess

May 8, 2024
My scenario is different, BLS people filled out the application, so I can't check the details in Passport Seva.. 1st May I applied in Missisauga with my family(3 people including me) and 2nd May status shows processing at General consulate and still now its same.. no improvement and I know its my 2nd week only.. but still not able to check anything..
You should have ask them tracking number when they applied your application online

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Applied for surrender certificate on 4th May, walk-in application with courier service for delivery ..
Status still shows as "Processing at Consulate General"..
Have an appointment booked on 27th ay for OCI, don't know how much more time they would take for surrender certificate.

Essess

May 8, 2024
Applied for surrender certificate on 4th May walking application with courier service for delivery ..
Status still shows as "Processing at Consulate General"..
Have an appointment booked on 27th ay for OCI, don't know how much more time they would take for surrender certificate.
What status shows on passport sewa site?

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Thanks for response. Her SC status is updated now:

15-May-2024: BLS Status : In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
16-May-2024: BLS Status : Ready for Dispatch & Dispatched via Courier (with tracking Info)

Hoping to receive SC by tomorrow. Now time to move on OCI thread :cool:

It will take a few days before BLS status gets updated, back in Nov 2022 when I did my SC application, I remember it took about a week for BLS status to get updated to Ready for Collection

Essess

May 8, 2024
For the minor applicaint surrender of passport its asking the spouse name. which is very weird. Is there anyoneelse facing this issue?
Application form is same for adult and minor.
Mention NA and martial status single

Last edited:

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
For the minor applicaint surrender of passport its asking the spouse name. which is very weird. Is there anyoneelse facing this issue?
Well, I filled out the form few weeks back for a minor and didn't encounter this issue. Have you selected " single" as marital status?

Last edited:

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
its resolved now. There was some pre filled from data related to spouse country which was preventing my form submissoon. I had to again manually choose marriage and remove spouse country and then again went back and chooses single as maritial status. RIP to the passport website.

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I had my indian passport renewed 6 years back. However after i moved to Canada, i never updated my address on the passport. Is that an issue in the process of passport surrendering?

Essess

May 8, 2024
I had my indian passport renewed 6 years back. However after i moved to Canada, i never updated my address on the passport. Is that an issue in the process of passport surrendering?
No issues
While surrendering Indian passport you will enter canadian address and your supporting document should have the same address. So no Indian address required on any form.

potatolover

Feb 6, 2024
I'm applying for Surrender Certificate on Passport Seva but it doesn't give me any option to select whether present address is in India or outside. It expects my address to be in India - see picture:

Am I doing something wrong? Is the site just broken?

EDIT: THERE ARE MULTIPLE PASSPORT SEVA SITES. YOU HAVE TO GO VIA THIS ONE:
https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/

RETARDED ASS SYSTEMS. INFOSYS CAN'T CODE FOR SHIT MFS.

Last edited: