+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport renewal from toronto

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
I second @nancyjean, and the process was exactly what she described just below.

I went there by 8.30 am and thus had to wait for an hour. Otherwise, the process was smooth.
Thank you very much . One more question. Which center in Toronto did you go to ? I see some BLS Service centers and that is different from CGI toronto.
Which is the right location to go to for passport renewal?

Reactions: Numeyri Beker

madhabs

Nov 5, 2019
Thank you very much . One more question. Which center in Toronto did you go to ? I see some BLS Service centers and that is different from CGI toronto.
Which is the right location to go to for passport renewal?
BLS centers do not have the authority to issue passport in a day. You must go to the Consulate General Office.
I don't recall the exact address, but this is the same building as that of Postmedia, the parent company of National Post and other media services. So check the map carefully before you go.

francispauln

Jun 8, 2020
Hi,

I called BLS today and they said that for Tatkal scheme, I do not require any explanation letter and I can submit the documents to BLS Brampton.
Did the rules change ?
My PR card was issued after 2015, do I need to submit landing papers ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Windsorvasi

Jan 8, 2020
Hi,

I called BLS today and they said that for Tatkal scheme, I do not require any explanation letter and I can submit the documents to BLS Brampton.
Did the rules change ?
My PR card was issued after 2015, do I need to submit landing papers ?

Thanks
I went in the first week of Feb. We had to go in person with the application filled, show an explanation letter and also a copy of landing paper was asked. I am not very sure about the change in rules now. I will keep you posted on what i find.

Reactions: francispauln

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi any one have any experience regarding indian passport renewal from toronto? how many days they take for issuing new passport?

If ur passport is expiring in less than 1 yr thn u can apply for renewal. If u go through bls they take apprx 4 weeks. If u go directly consulate in Toronto they give u in same day in few hrs. Just mention that u wanna travell somewhere or u wanna apply for wp or pr ect. Few reasons. And pay some additional fee they will issue new on same day

hicks94

Jun 26, 2020
If ur passport is expiring in less than 1 yr thn u can apply for renewal. If u go through bls they take apprx 4 weeks. If u go directly consulate in Toronto they give u in same day in few hrs. Just mention that u wanna travell somewhere or u wanna apply for wp or pr ect. Few reasons. And pay some additional fee they will issue new on same day
Hi! Are they allowing people to walk-in now? I need a tatkal passport actually and was wondering if i should go the office or send it by courier to the consulate general office? Please help!

KaushalN

Jul 25, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
28-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Hello,

I have question-related to Passport renewal, my application is under process at the consulate office. It also shows my application file No. ARN. My question is: does anyone has any idea how much time it will take to process the whole application and issue new passport. The consulate office started working on my application since 26th June. I am waiting for pp to update it to CIC for the work permit application. please reply if anyone knows.

thanks

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I want to renew my expired Indian passport using tatkal in Toronto. The process is not clear. The BLS website says "application to be submitted at consulate"
and while the consulate
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/emergency-passport/
link is showing a blank page. Clicking on the "Download" button results in an error.
I am in same situation, not able to proceed further as nothing opens up for Tatkal option. Were you able to proceed? If yes, could you please help?

Radhika1994

Mar 11, 2021
Hi
I need help regarding passport service. Can we add spouse name on passport under tatkal.
Have to apply police clearance certificate.