+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport renewal from toronto

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
samir3132 said:
Hi any one have any experience regarding indian passport renewal from toronto? how many days they take for issuing new passport?
Hi Samir,

For PP renewal you have to fill in the form online and then submit the form long with other documents to the BLS centre. Their processing time is 6-8 weeks. In case you need it urgently then you can go to the Indian consulate and apply under tatkal application. I had done it in tatkal and got mine done in 1 hour. They just need a good reason of why want it urgently. However, it costs much more (~$ 300).

Good luck

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hi Samir,

For PP renewal you have to fill in the form online and then submit the form long with other documents to the BLS centre. Their processing time is 6-8 weeks. In case you need it urgently then you can go to the Indian consulate and apply under tatkal application. I had done it in tatkal and got mine done in 1 hour. They just need a good reason of why want it urgently. However, it costs much more (~$ 300).

Good luck
Samir's post is from 2013. I;m sure he got his passport by now :p

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hi,

I have applied for Passport renewal on 07th Jan'17 at Brampton. It is almost 1 month now and the status is still showing as "Processing at Consulate General".
My old passport was issued from India. Could you please let me know normally how long it will take to get the renewed passport?

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Applied on 17th Jan, 2017 and still it says "Processing at Consulate General".

Nobody has applied and received it recently, I guess.

varun0284

Oct 31, 2016
What are the acceptable reasons at the Consulate for availing Tatkal service?

Also, what is the validity of the passport issued under Tatkal?

Feb 21, 2017
I had a Indian Passport issued in Chennai in 2009. I applied for renewal in Toronto BLS on the 24th February 2017. My old passport even had ECR Stamp (Emigration Check Required). I didn't realize anything that I had that stamp and I had issues collecting different documents for taking that stamp out in my new passport.
Anyway I managed to submit my application only with Photos, Application Form, Canadian Driving License, Canadian Work Permit. I got my passport renewed on 16th March and I received it through by post on the 17th March. It took me 15 business days for the whole process and I got it renewed for 10 more years. Peace

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
varun0284 said:
What are the acceptable reasons at the Consulate for availing Tatkal service?

Also, what is the validity of the passport issued under Tatkal?
You can apply under emergency service at Consulate giving PR immigration reason.

sumit behl

Jul 31, 2015
Hi All, I have a question , i am currently a permanent resident in canada...i have my indian passport expiring on May'2019 , while applying for renewal of passport from bls, i need to get my permanent address changed in the new passport , how can i do that and what is the procedure?

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-12-2016
Anyone recently applied for a passport renewal for a minor. Wanted to check if the child needs to go to bls for application submission

kanch_85

Jan 22, 2016
Hi all,

I want to renew my Wife's indian passport and we recently moved here as a PR. I checked document checklist but My wife do not have Driving Licence or any utility bill on her name. But we have rent agreement and Post-paid Mobile bill with current address.

What Document do i need to submit as address proof in canada?
Do I need to give any proof of address for India?
Is my canadian address will be printed on indian Passport?

Please comment.

jbm00768

Jan 7, 2015
Hi I just want to know can i renew the Indian passport from toronto without any status. I mean I applied for my tourist visa and now I'm waiting for my result. So before result can I renew my Indian passport canadian driving licence.

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Hi I just want to know can i renew the Indian passport from toronto without any status. I mean I applied for my tourist visa and now I'm waiting for my result. So before result can I renew my Indian passport canadian driving licence.
No, you need to submit your valid status document along with your passport for renewal.

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
I applied for tatkal and got the passport at the embassy half hour after they took my application.
Hello, Can you share what reasons you gave for the tatkal service? I am going to apply for my PR for the second time and my work permit is expiring Feb 2020 and my passport June 2020. Am I eligible for applying under Tatkal? Please advice.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Same situation as yours. I told that I am issuing a WP for 1 year and if my passport expires earlier then the expiry date for WP will be same as expiration date of passport which means that you'll have to again apply for a renewal mid way.

This should be enough. If he/she doesn't agrees then mention that your health card also is valid until expiration of the WP and since it takes time for WP to arrive you can be without a health card for some time which is not good given how expensive this country is for medical expenses.