+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

visheshthind

Oct 30, 2020
I submitted my application at Mississauga location on Feb 17 2024. My application is stuck at “processing at consulate general” although PCC is completed in india. Is there a way to get exact status from consulate or bls? I need my passport for my biometrics which is scheduled in few days

visheshthind

Oct 30, 2020
Hi i need help my Passport is stuck at passport has been printed from last 5 days no movement after and bls website says processing at consulate general..is there anything to worry or should i wait them to dispatch my passport
Can you tell me when did you submitted your application at bls?

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
I submitted my application at Mississauga location on Feb 17 2024. My application is stuck at “processing at consulate general” although PCC is completed in india. Is there a way to get exact status from consulate or bls? I need my passport for my biometrics which is scheduled in few days
you can check the status in passport seva website, I got my passport within 3 weeks of police verification complete .

passport will be delivered to your home , I did not get any tracking number, it just showed up one day.

Kanusaabg

Mar 20, 2024
normal passport renewal application from bls brampton
My timeline
4th march passport application submitted bls brampton
Under review :-14th march
Passport print initiated:-20 march
Passport printed:-21 march
In transit from gci to bls:-26 march
Ready for collection:-27 march
Delivered :- 28 march

IKRAMPATEL79

Jan 21, 2024
My passport renewal status changed from "Passport has been printed" to "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". Has anyone experienced such a scenario, if yes what is the exact issue and how should I reach out to Indian Embassy/Consulate to get the current status ?

DD26

Feb 29, 2024
I applied for re issue of passport at Brampton/Toronto consulate. I just received an email notifying that file has been sent out for police verification at the police station near my address in India.

I am wondering how the police verification will be done if I have been residing in Canada since last year (landed immigrant).

Can someone confirm how will police verification be completed if I am not in India anymore. Thank you.

MS201812

Jun 10, 2018
BLS is sending back my package which was sent to them and received on the 22nd of March because the government has increased the passport application fee. This is so frustrating. How is this my fault?? I need my passport back asap because I have to travel for work but I cannot renew it in Tatkal because I got married a few years back and need my spouse's name added. So this disqualifies me from tatkal. So messed up!

manoj12345

Mar 2, 2023
BLS is sending back my package which was sent to them and received on the 22nd of March because the government has increased the passport application fee. This is so frustrating. How is this my fault?? I need my passport back asap because I have to travel for work but I cannot renew it in Tatkal because I got married a few years back and need my spouse's name added. So this disqualifies me from tatkal. So messed up!
Damn, my application was received at BLS on 23rd March and haven't received any response yet.
Will mostly like returned :mad:

They increased the cost by a few $$$, its going to cost a lot more to send it back with new bank draft.

CS30

Apr 4, 2024
I applied for re issue of passport at Brampton/Toronto consulate. I just received an email notifying that file has been sent out for police verification at the police station near my address in India.

I am wondering how the police verification will be done if I have been residing in Canada since last year (landed immigrant).

Can someone confirm how will police verification be completed if I am not in India anymore. Thank you.
Hey @DD26 .. When did you submit your application at BLS and after how many days have you received this email?

Last edited:

BillyH321

Aug 16, 2019
my application is stuck in same status since 3 weeks. Police verification was initiated 3 weeks back. no updated after that. anyone has any phone number where we can reach to get some update

MS201812

Jun 10, 2018
Damn, my application was received at BLS on 23rd March and haven't received any response yet.
Will mostly like returned :mad:

They increased the cost by a few $$$, its going to cost a lot more to send it back with new bank draft.
Did they send you a notification? I still haven't received the returned application package. Not sure what they are doing! It shouldn't take days to send back something.

manoj12345

Mar 2, 2023
Did they send you a notification? I still haven't received the returned application package. Not sure what they are doing! It shouldn't take days to send back something.
No, did not get any notification. I checked in tracker, says returned on April 3.

Apr 5, 2024
I have sent my son's application for passport reissue today (5 April 2024) and the courier cost has doubled ($62 + $62). The application was sent back without any notification saying the incorrect amount on the bank draft (which was ~$66 CORRECT at the time of application 22 March 2024). The application was received at the BLS Brampton office via Purolator on 25 March 2024 (Monday) and the application was rejected on 1st April 2024 with a reason that the BLS fee has increased to ~$72. On 4th April, I received my documents back and paid the new Purolator fee with increased DD towards BLS Canada. Fingers crossed that no secret updates happen in b/w.

BillyH321

Aug 16, 2019
Did you get update. i am stuck in same situation as well