+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

CS30

Apr 4, 2024
Is it okay to renew Indian passport after expiry when on Canadian PR and no intentions of travel? Does this have any negative implications?
@sanswons Below is the similar question that you asked. Hope it helps!

#My passport has expired more than one year ago. Is there any extra document required from my side?

~~Yes. A self attested declaration on plain paper explaining the reason for late renewal.

Reference- https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/passport-faqs/

Reactions: sanswons

CS30

Apr 4, 2024
Hi, Is there any way we can track without file number? it has been more than 10 days not even file number generated.
@dreamy19 - Hello, I am also facing the same situation. When i checked the application status through passport seva portal (tracking), it is not showing my file number. But i followed below steps and from there i came to know that file number is generated but current status is not updated yet in portal.
Hope it helps!

Reference- https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-renewal-from-bls-toronto.558990/page-68#post-9746938

dreamy19

Feb 16, 2024
@dreamy19 - Hello, I am also facing the same situation. When i checked the application status through passport seva portal (tracking), it is not showing my file number. But i followed below steps and from there i came to know that file number is generated but current status is not updated yet in portal.
Hope it helps!

Reference- https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-renewal-from-bls-toronto.558990/page-68#post-9746938

Hello,
Thankyou for your response.I tried to do that but I don’t see anything.Did you get any email mentioning file number generated?

CS30

Apr 4, 2024
Hello,
Thankyou for your response.I tried to do that but I don’t see anything.Did you get any email mentioning file number generated?
@dreamy19
Hello, That means might be file no. is not generated yet. Also, I don’t received any email.
Generally we will not receive any email. It will update on passport seva portal.
Alternatively, you can try one more thing~~ Login in passport seva portal. Click on User Login. Fill your credentials. Scroll down and you will see your ARN (application reference number) and there is File No column against ARN. If value against file no. is blank that means file no. is not generated yet and you have to wait.
And you can try the other steps that i informed you earlier. That steps work for me.

dreamy19

Feb 16, 2024
@dreamy19
Hello, That means might be file no. is not generated yet. Also, I don’t received any email.
Generally we will not receive any email. It will update on passport seva portal.
Alternatively, you can try one more thing~~ Login in passport seva portal. Click on User Login. Fill your credentials. Scroll down and you will see your ARN (application reference number) and there is File No column against ARN. If value against file no. is blank that means file no. is not generated yet and you have to wait.
And you can try the other steps that i informed you earlier. That steps work for me.

Thankyou for suggesting this.
Unfortunately I cannot do this I guess because BLS created new application form for me due to which I cannot find it on my portal.
However the status shows “Under review at Consulate” on passport seva website.
I am assuming that they created file number may be.

CS30

Apr 4, 2024
Thankyou for suggesting this.
Unfortunately I cannot do this I guess because BLS created new application form for me due to which I cannot find it on my portal.
However the status shows “Under review at Consulate” on passport seva website.
I am assuming that they created file number may be.
@dreamy19 - So you mean BLS has filled new application form on the spot?