+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Tourist Visa

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys...any advice is highly appreciated.

My wife and I got our Canadian passports this week, and we are planning to surrender the Indian passport during this weekend. I'm not sure if I should apply for the OCI card, since we have booked our tickets to India in September. Is it better to apply for a tourist visa to India, and apply for the OCI cards once we return? Also, does the tourist visa validity start from the date of stamping or from the date of arrival in India?

Thanks guys!

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The OCI card can take approx. 3 months and better to apply for an eVisa before your travel. eVisa is accepted in all major airports. Normally the validity period (gives 3 or 6 months) says the time-frame you can land in India. Once you land, you can stay upto 30 days. You can confirm the current timelines by calling their contact centres.

M18

Dec 29, 2017
Hi Hoping this thread is active and some one can help with my question.

I recently got canadian citizenship and had to renounce my indian citizenship. i have to now apply for indian tourist visa as i dont have time to apply for oci. when i fill in e-visa form, there are 2 questions that i am not sure how to answer.

1. have you every visited India before? (on indian passport: yes, on canadian passport: no)
list countries you have visited in last 10 years . (on indian passport: a few; on canadian passport: none)

please advise, am i supposed to fill this form treating as first time canadian, and ignore all my indian passport travels

many thanks in advance!

hanin142

Jul 30, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/11/2016
Doc's Request.
01/03/2017 ITA
AOR Received.
14/03/2017
In "Have You Ever visited India ?" , I put "no" as it then I have to put in Indian visa details which I never had. In "Countries visited in last 10 years" , I put in all the countries I visited including India. Would this be ok?

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
In "Have You Ever visited India ?" , I put "no" as it then I have to put in Indian visa details which I never had. In "Countries visited in last 10 years" , I put in all the countries I visited including India. Would this be ok?
Hi, I have the same question. Was your evisa approved with your answers? or did you have to change them? Thank you!