+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect Information at Border

mafghan

Oct 24, 2022
My son, 20 years old, did a serious mistake of providing incorrect place of Birth to the immigration officer at the border

My son got confused because in our country, place of birth, on National ID card, is always recorded as your parents native hometown, regardless of where on earth you are born.

I am seriously worried that this will affect the credibility of our case because my son is born in a different country and never been to our home country.

I am super upset that my son lied to the officer

Any advice on how can we fix this mess

• Wow
Reactions: Cassiano

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My son, 20 years old, did a serious mistake of providing incorrect place of Birth to the immigration officer at the border

My son got confused because in our country, place of birth, on National ID card, is always recorded as your parents native hometown, regardless of where on earth you are born.

I am seriously worried that this will affect the credibility of our case because my son is born in a different country and never been to our home country.

I think you would probably be best off hiring an immigration lawyer to assist you.

Reactions: canuck78

torontob

Aug 10, 2009

Ask ex-minister Maryam Monsef who did similar thing and nothing happened. They probably updated her records or maybe not and left it as-is.
This doesn't seem to need a lawyer.

Sd20

Oct 11, 2020
Category........
FAM

Lying is always a big concern in the immigration process. Talk to your lawyer before admitting to the immigration officer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ask ex-minister Maryam Monsef who did similar thing and nothing happened. They probably updated her records or maybe not and left it as-is.
This doesn't seem to need a lawyer.
Different because she was a minor and her parents lied on her behalf. She had no idea she had been born in Iran. In this case we are dealing with an adult who knew it was a lie and misrepresented their status. Whether outcomes will be different nobody knows. Just wanted to point out there are differences between the 2 cases.

Reactions: mafghan

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Different because she was a minor and her parents lied on her behalf. She had no idea she had been born in Iran. In this case we are dealing with an adult who knew it was a lie and misrepresented their status. Whether outcomes will be different nobody knows. Just wanted to point out there are differences between the 2 cases.
That sounds like lied twice. Doubt she didn't know :) Afghan parents / children talk about where kids were born quiet a bit. Anyhow, thanks for pointing out what she said happened.

Reactions: mafghan