+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

include sibling in visitor application for parents

drsome

Dec 20, 2018
Hello knowledgeable friends,

I am PR holder and would like to include my sibling that is above 21 in a visitor visa application for my parents. Could you please advice if this could have any effect on their application? If so, would it be on the sibling's application, parents' applications or both? It would nice if you could provide a little bit more info other than yes or no, on the effect of submitting the applications together.

So much thanks for answering my question.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If your sibling is over 21, then she/he submits a separate application that is not tied to or related to your parents. Your sibling has to show ties to the country (job, property, schooling) and his/her own funds. It has no bearing on your parents applications because they will be reviewed separately from one another.

baome

Mar 3, 2020
If your sibling is over 21, then she/he submits a separate application that is not tied to or related to your parents. Your sibling has to show ties to the country (job, property, schooling) and his/her own funds. It has no bearing on your parents applications because they will be reviewed separately from one another.
Hi Naturgrl,

So if one wants to sponsor 3 people ( Parents and Independent Brother) can she apply for them together ? How does it work for Independent siblings ? Does the sponsorer need to show financial backing to show that she can support him for the stay.

Please can anyone help me understand how does it work if my brother, age 40, independent businessman , wants to come for a visit ?

Thanks Naturgrl and all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl,

So if one wants to sponsor 3 people ( Parents and Independent Brother) can she apply for them together ? How does it work for Independent siblings ? Does the sponsorer need to show financial backing to show that she can support him for the stay.

Please can anyone help me understand how does it work if my brother, age 40, independent businessman , wants to come for a visit ?

Thanks Naturgrl and all.
Your brother is 40 so he applies separately. His application has nothing to do with your parents. Sponsor for what? He needs to show that he can support his visit and show strong ties to return home. If he is a business man then that should not be a problem. Assume you are PR, so he also needs written authorization to travel for essential reasons.