+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In which conditions does the employer have to pay for the plane ticket

sebas44

Apr 16, 2014
Hello,

I am about to start a TFW work permit application. The documents checklist requires job offer and contract. The description of the contract mentions that the contract has to contain informations about the plane ticket and the health insurance that, as I understand it, the employer has to pay for me.

Then there is this page: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-rights.asp
saying that

"Employers hiring temporary foreign workers for occupations requiring lower levels of formal training must pay or provide for the following: the worker’s transportation costs to and from Canada; private health insurance until the worker is eligible for provincial or territorial health care"

So, how would you define "lower levels of formal training"? My NOC is 2174 (computer programmer) and the class is A, I believe.

If anyone had a similar experience could you also testify please? My employer will not pay for these (I'm fine with it), and I am concerned that it would be a problem for the visa officer.

Thank you
S.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sebas44 said:
Hello,

I am about to start a TFW work permit application. The documents checklist requires job offer and contract. The description of the contract mentions that the contract has to contain informations about the plane ticket and the health insurance that, as I understand it, the employer has to pay for me.

Then there is this page: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-rights.asp
saying that

"Employers hiring temporary foreign workers for occupations requiring lower levels of formal training must pay or provide for the following: the worker's transportation costs to and from Canada; private health insurance until the worker is eligible for provincial or territorial health care"

So, how would you define "lower levels of formal training"? My NOC is 2174 (computer programmer) and the class is A, I believe.

If anyone had a similar experience could you also testify please? My employer will not pay for these (I'm fine with it), and I am concerned that it would be a problem for the visa officer.

Thank you
S.
No, the employer doesn't have to pay your airfare, arrange accommodation or provide healthcare initially. That only applies to jobs in NOC C& D. You hare in A.

sebas44

Apr 16, 2014
You are great, thank you so much for this clarification. Have a great day and thank you for your support.
Regards,
S.

Daretrings1

May 19, 2024
Dear, AIKULOLU EMMANUEL

We have received your documents and confirmed that your employment offer with Drimzo Oil limited Canada is legit,

Kindly Pay $85USD which is 87,515 Nigerian Naira for your biometric processing and booking,

General Bank of Canada
343 Wilson Ave
Toronto,ON M3H 1T1
Transit : 08692
Institution: 009
Account: 0560206
SWIFT code: BNDBCAGMINL
Account Name: VFSGLOBAL CANADA

Or
Nigerian Bank account Details:

Account Name: DEBRO EXPRESS
Account Number: 9312819865
Bank Name: Wema Bank

(We recommend you make your payment with the Nigerian local bank account details for fast and easy payment)

Noted: Immediately you have completed your biometric payment, Kindly send us here the payment receipt for Instant confirmation so you can get your biometric instruction letter.

Warm Regards,
Canada VFS Centre.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Dear, AIKULOLU EMMANUEL

We have received your documents and confirmed that your employment offer with Drimzo Oil limited Canada is legit,

Kindly Pay $85USD which is 87,515 Nigerian Naira for your biometric processing and booking,

General Bank of Canada
343 Wilson Ave
Toronto,ON M3H 1T1

Or

(We recommend you make your payment with the Nigerian local bank account details for fast and easy payment)

Noted: Immediately you have completed your biometric payment, Kindly send us here the payment receipt for Instant confirmation so you can get your biometric instruction letter.

Warm Regards,
Canada VFS Centre.
Excellent, go ahead and pay. Welcome to Canada

• Haha
Reactions: Shmiler

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear, AIKULOLU EMMANUEL

General Bank of Canada
343 Wilson Ave
Toronto,ON M3H 1T1

Or

Warm Regards,
Canada VFS Centre.
This is a scam.

Daretrings1

May 19, 2024
Dear

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada.

Note; Your appointment letter has been verified

Kindly go ahead and make the payment, and also send us your payment slip together with your valid passport for payment confirmation

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010