+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMMIGRATION WARRANTS

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Any and all information is welcomed, I submitted my INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP in June, back then I had a removal order due to the fact I failed refugee claim in 2016. It’s a long story why and how I ended up here but I’ll keep the details out I just have a general question.

In August I was arrested and held at detention for one week then I got bail, I was reporting at CBSA once per week upon my release from detention. Since I came out I did my biometrics and my spouse got her letter stating she’s eligible to sponsor me.

As I’m awaiting (my) first stage approval my application was sent to IRCC ETOBICOKE for further review. I did have a flight to leave the country two weeks ago and I didn’t leave, now I know I forced myself into another immigration warrant but my question is, when IRCC ETOBICOKE contacts me for the interview being that I have an active warrant should I go to the interview, won’t I get arrested there. For clarity my file was sent there because they have concerns about my relationship with my spouse.

please any advice is appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Any and all information is welcomed, I submitted my INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP in June, back then I had a removal order due to the fact I failed refugee claim in 2016. It’s a long story why and how I ended up here but I’ll keep the details out I just have a general question.

In August I was arrested and held at detention for one week then I got bail, I was reporting at CBSA once per week upon my release from detention. Since I came out I did my biometrics and my spouse got her letter stating she’s eligible to sponsor me.

As I’m awaiting (my) first stage approval my application was sent to IRCC ETOBICOKE for further review. I did have a flight to leave the country two weeks ago and I didn’t leave, now I know I forced myself into another immigration warrant but my question is, when IRCC ETOBICOKE contacts me for the interview being that I have an active warrant should I go to the interview, won’t I get arrested there. For clarity my file was sent there because they have concerns about my relationship with my spouse.

You need to be working with an immigration lawyer at this point.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Between 2018-2020 I paid one lawyer $18760, he did nothing and he’s the reason I had my first removal order.
Since April up to until August I paid another lawyer 10,000 and then 3500 to do my bail hearing.

I even reached out to my local MP, I don’t know what else to do.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023

You need a lawyer who will advise you. This seems like a very serious situation, please dont seek advice from strangers on forums. You need a lawyer who knows what they are doing to guide you

Reactions: Amiah_world

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Between 2018-2020 I paid one lawyer $18760, he did nothing and he’s the reason I had my first removal order.
Since April up to until August I paid another lawyer 10,000 and then 3500 to do my bail hearing.

An MP cannot change or fix this situation. They are also not immigration experts and cannot be relied upon for advice. Going to your MP at this point isn't going to help.

Those of us responding to you here are not lawyers. This is too complicated for me to offer any advice given there's an immigration warrant in play now. Regardless of your past experiences, you need to be working with a lawyer.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I concur that a very experienced lawyer is needed ASAP.

Since you were already `Removal Ready' before you submitted the Inland (SCPLC) application, time could very well be your enemy now.

Good luck!

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
You need a lawyer who will advise you. This seems like a very serious situation, please dont seek advice from strangers on forums. You need a lawyer who knows what they are doing to guide you
I just wanted to see if anyone is familiar with this situation, I am working with an experienced lawyer but it comes to the point where lawyers don’t even be telling the truth just playing the guessing games.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
I concur that a very experienced lawyer is needed ASAP.

Since you were already `Removal Ready' before you submitted the Inland (SCPLC) application, time could very well be your enemy now.

Good luck!
It’s been hell all these years, I feel so defeated. Thanks though !!

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020

Would that "one lawyer" be the person you mentioned here?

Yea I am fighting deportation order because my lawyer lied to me for three years. Only to find out he’s not a legit lawyer just a consultant. They always do these tactics, remember they have 100’s of clients and they can’t keep track of everything so that’s why they said it went to spam.

I paid my money signed documents since July 2020, and my application wasn’t submitted until April of this year and it was returned due to him rushing to do it then I resubmit in June.
If that's the case, then please do not tell everyone here you were lied to and cheated by a lawyer, when in fact it was a consultant and probably not a registered one at that, who would face serious sanctions for such misconduct.

I dare say you case will prove challenging to even some of the more seasoned veterans of immigration law. Far from a routine matter. To an untrained eye, like mine, it looks like you presented a dubious refugee claim in 2016 and, since that time, you have ducked and weaved and done everything to remain in Canada with little regard for the law. Your latest strategy seems to be to be sponsored as a spouse. Are you and your spouse acting bona fide? Maybe. Not for me to say. But it should come as no surprise that the IRCC will take a very hard look indeed.

You need a lawyer with some direct experience in complex immigration cases.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Would that "one lawyer" be the person you mentioned here?

If that's the case, then please do not tell everyone here you were lied to and cheated by a lawyer, when in fact it was a consultant and probably not a registered one at that, who would face serious sanctions for such misconduct.

I dare say you case will prove challenging to even some of the more seasoned veterans of immigration law. Far from a routine matter. To an untrained eye, like mine, it looks like you presented a dubious refugee claim in 2016 and, since that time, you have ducked and weaved and done everything to remain in Canada with little regard for the law. Your latest strategy seems to be to be sponsored as a spouse. Are you and your spouse acting bona fide? Maybe. Not for me to say. But it should come as no surprise that the IRCC will take a very hard look indeed.

You need a lawyer with some direct experience in complex immigration cases.

You are right, the lawyer in fact wasn’t a lawyer but a consultant, our relationship is very much bona fide and not one of convenience.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
In that case, if you are being honest and forthright and have a legitimate case to be allowed to remain in Canada, then things should work out, but I think they will not work out on their own. You need a skilled advocate.

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
You are right, the lawyer in fact wasn’t a lawyer but a consultant, our relationship is very much bona fide and not one of convenience.
In immigration terms, opposite from regular law, if they think your relationship is not legit, it’s your responsibility to prove that they’re wrong (from regular law, you’re innocent until proven)

Like the others, i would recommend you to hire an experience lawyer. You’ll have to do a lot of research (case law and facts) to find any similar situation like yours.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
In immigration terms, opposite from regular law, if they think your relationship is not legit, it’s your responsibility to prove that they’re wrong (from regular law, you’re innocent until proven)

Like the others, i would recommend you to hire an experience lawyer. You’ll have to do a lot of research (case law and facts) to find any similar situation like yours.
I am fed up, just going to go home. I spent over 35 thousand dollars in lawyer fees so far. It’s making me suicidal now I can’t keep going like this.

Woman08

Mar 14, 2023
I am fed up, just going to go home. I spent over 35 thousand dollars in lawyer fees so far. It’s making me suicidal now I can’t keep going like this.
Hello Amiah , how are things now ? I am in the same boat as you . I’m surprised they are sending you back home when there is a provision to allow spouses or partners wait within Canada while their application for spousal sponsorship goes through the process . I’m also in a relationship myself but can’t get married for fear of being arrested once they put my name in the system for a marriage license as I have a warrant to from 2019 when I never left . I would like to know how your situation ended . What procedures you took etc . I hope to hear from you soon, thankyou