+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration over the age of 50

Leani88

Feb 15, 2017
We are looking to immigrate to Canada and and hopefully find a way to take my father who is 54 years old and a skilled worker. Due to the new rules for sponsoring parents we thought it would be better if he could perhaps go and work there instead of waiting for us to sponsor him (Which might never happen). What are the chances of finding a job for him? He is a high voltage industrial electrician (Supervisor) with 30 years experience. Or are there other routes we could consider?

Aneeshkoz

Nov 27, 2015
Hi, Am not an expert on this. Still i guess Provincial Nomination should help some way. Also why dont you approach a good cunsultancy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Leani88 said:
We are looking to immigrate to Canada and and hopefully find a way to take my father who is 54 years old and a skilled worker. Due to the new rules for sponsoring parents we thought it would be better if he could perhaps go and work there instead of waiting for us to sponsor him (Which might never happen). What are the chances of finding a job for him? He is a high voltage industrial electrician (Supervisor) with 30 years experience. Or are there other routes we could consider?
It's unlikely he'll be able to secure a temporary work permit. This requires a full time job offer and approved LMIA. The LMIA is a long and expensive process for the employer with no guarantee of success (as part of the process, the employer must prove no Canadian could be found for the role). Most employers unfortunately aren't willing to go through the process.

Immigrating as a skilled worker will be difficult at his age. You may find that sponsoring him through family sponsorship does end up being the most feasible option. Of course that requires you to first immigrate to Canada yourselves and work here for at least three full years to qualify.

Good luck.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If he wants to go on his own, he would need to get a PNP as his CRS points will be too low. Also, he may not make 67 out of 100 in FSW.

Leani88

Feb 15, 2017
Thanks for the advice. We did consult an expert that might be able to help. I really hope we find a way to make this happen.