+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration officer done wrong

siddkshk

Jan 20, 2022
This is Siddhant Kaushik, I came to Canada on 7th July 2021 on a student visa (date of issue 15th March 2021 and date of expiry 31st December 2021).

At the time of immigration, the officer told me that At the time of my entry My visa is valid for less than 6 months. Hence I cannot work here in Canada. Even he printed "THIS PERMIT DO NOT AUTHORIZE THE HOLDER TO ENGAGE IN OFF-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA" on my study permit (for more information please check the attached study permit).

But many of my friends came here after me with the same expiry date and no one faced this issue. That means the immigration officer conveyed wrong information to me, due to that I am suffering every single day of my life here in Canada. I cannot work here means I cannot arrange my fees for further studies. Moreover, it's the mental pressure I am experiencing every day. I am so depressed that I spent my whole time in Canada crying.

Moreover, My college ask me to go for a study permit amendment and I did the same but no reply on that as well even I mailed the original study permit with form imm1436e to Ottawa. I didn't get a reply or a new study permit with the correct information printed on that. That is the second time I got depressed.

So, at last, I applied for a study permit extension on 4th October 2021 and didn't get approval yet. Even though it shows a processing time of 59 days and my application is still in process for more than 120 days. I know many people who applied after me and got their approval, again I am the only one who is suffering. This is the third time something went wrong and make it hell for me to live here in Canada. I have filled out numerous web forms, but no one is listening. Even in Global Case Management System Information Request my file is showing approved but it's not reflecting on GC key portal.

I came here because I thought I will study here peacefully and get an education from one of the best countries but now I can say the system is the worst at the same time (at least for me).

Please suggest me something

Thanks
Siddhant Kaushik
siddkshk@gmail.com

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
This is Siddhant Kaushik, I came to Canada on 7th July 2021 on a student visa (date of issue 15th March 2021 and date of expiry 31st December 2021).

At the time of immigration, the officer told me that At the time of my entry My visa is valid for less than 6 months. Hence I cannot work here in Canada. Even he printed "THIS PERMIT DO NOT AUTHORIZE THE HOLDER TO ENGAGE IN OFF-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA" on my study permit (for more information please check the attached study permit).

But many of my friends came here after me with the same expiry date and no one faced this issue. That means the immigration officer conveyed wrong information to me, due to that I am suffering every single day of my life here in Canada. I cannot work here means I cannot arrange my fees for further studies. Moreover, it's the mental pressure I am experiencing every day. I am so depressed that I spent my whole time in Canada crying.

Moreover, My college ask me to go for a study permit amendment and I did the same but no reply on that as well even I mailed the original study permit with form imm1436e to Ottawa. I didn't get a reply or a new study permit with the correct information printed on that. That is the second time I got depressed.

So, at last, I applied for a study permit extension on 4th October 2021 and didn't get approval yet. Even though it shows a processing time of 59 days and my application is still in process for more than 120 days. I know many people who applied after me and got their approval, again I am the only one who is suffering. This is the third time something went wrong and make it hell for me to live here in Canada. I have filled out numerous web forms, but no one is listening. Even in Global Case Management System Information Request my file is showing approved but it's not reflecting on GC key portal.

I came here because I thought I will study here peacefully and get an education from one of the best countries but now I can say the system is the worst at the same time (at least for me).

Thanks
Siddhant Kaushik
siddkshk@gmail.com
Bro, you should know that the government expects you to be able to pay fees and rent With out Without part time job. That is one of the earliest requirements. Whatever is on the study permit, you kinda have to adhere to it unless you want to work illegally and risk status. As for the waiting time, there is nothing you can do but wait. Perhaps you could have applied earlier.

Reactions: raynadukkandy

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I agree with
Bro, you should know that the government expects you to be able to pay fees and rent With out Without part time job. That is one of the earliest requirements. Whatever is on the study permit, you kinda have to adhere to it unless you want to work illegally and risk status. As for the waiting time, there is nothing you can do but wait. Perhaps you could have applied earlier.
I concur

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019

Thanks
Siddhant Kaushik
siddkshk@gmail.com
I think IRCC has a system in place for 'destitute' students where they give you a work permit until the expiration date of your SP. You might want to check it out. Don't know if you'll be eligible though.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021

Thanks
Siddhant Kaushik
siddkshk@gmail.com
Damn! This is painful to read. I don't know what is a possible solution but hope everything works out for you in the end.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry, you are in this position but you have an approved study permit because you showed that you could study without working. However, your permit says you cannot work OFF-CAMPUS. It doesn't state you can't work on-campus so find an on-campus job. So you applied to amend your work permit and ask for a change to the work permit conditions? What is your college?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

Thanks
Siddhant Kaushik
siddkshk@gmail.com
bro,
how long is the course you are pursuing?
which DLI?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
tapper, isn't it unfair when everybody enrolled to the same course has the right to work for 20 hrs and one student is being restricted from it? i wonder what kind of irresponsible border officer that person is. ah it's Canada, nothing surprising.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Usually they do this kind of thing to sketchy DLIs or short courses
Just out of curiosity. If the Canadian govt categorizes some DLI's as sketchy, why don't they just shut it down? This would make things easier for everyone, especially the applicant.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Just out of curiosity. If the Canadian govt categorizes some DLI's as sketchy, why don't they just shut it down? This would make things easier for everyone, especially the applicant.
this doesn't happen in Canada. this defines Canada. zero transparency, bullshit policies, and the backlog capital of the world.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
From my understanding, DLI regulation and inspection is issued by the province so it is the provinces responsibility

For eg Quebec was giving DLI status to everyone. Recently few were shut down

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
From my understanding, DLI regulation and inspection is issued by the province so it is the provinces responsibility

For eg Quebec was giving DLI status to everyone. Recently few were shut down
Oh! So each province has the responsibility to regulate the DLI but there is only 1 body(IRCC) who issues study permit to all DLI's which they don't have direct control over? No wonder everything right now is so messy in their camp. They need some serious help to get this fixed. Just rejecting applicants and not doing their job properly is not going to work in the long run.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
this doesn't happen in Canada. this defines Canada. zero transparency, bullshit policies, and the backlog capital of the world.
It's really a shame this happens in Canada. They have no idea how many lives they play with because of their sheer lack of interest to just do their job properly.