+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrants Landing in British Colombia....Vancouver....

johny gaddar

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th March 2010
Doc's Request.
1st May2010
AOR Received.
28th June 2010
IELTS Request
Already given - 7 bands
File Transfer...
09th May 2010
Med's Request
FR and started processing since Jan 26, 12.
hi marchie...m planning to land in vancouver last week of June...
m looking for an indian male partner for sharing a house..any1 interested..????

juma005

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hi,
which flight u have selected and is it from delhi ?

we too planning to land on july.. from delhi... plz advice

Thanks

johny gaddar said:
hi marchie...m planning to land in vancouver last week of June...
m looking for an indian male partner for sharing a house..any1 interested..????

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
dear members...
Kindly share some usefull information on this page..... flights rates is not the only topic we have.
If any one know please tell the living cost in BC.what are the house rents? any one have any information about surrey?what about the education grant? and how much we get as child benifit?
i am very seriously finding such information about Vancouver as i am landing in July In Sha Allah.
so please share your informations
thanks.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
kmkm said:
dear members...
Kindly share some usefull information on this page..... flights rates is not the only topic we have.
If any one know please tell the living cost in BC.what are the house rents? any one have any information about surrey?what about the education grant? and how much we get as child benifit?
i am very seriously finding such information about Vancouver as i am landing in July In Sha Allah.
so please share your informations
thanks.
Hi,

I dont want to sound negative,nonetheless honestly I dont want to present a rosy picture of Canada.Unfortunately nowadays BC is not considered a good place for new immigrants due to very few job opportunities and very high cost of living .
As I have never lived in BC ,so do not have much specific knowledge about it but I have met many people who moved from BC to another place due to a bad job market there.In my view the first step towards a successful settlement just starts with the choice of right place of landing.Noadays AB & SK are considered as booming economies thus having better job prospects as well.

Regarding loans especially grants,unfortunately not "everyone" qualifies for a loan or grant .You need to fulfill certain conditions/requirements to qualify for them.Besides,many times they do not cover all your tuition/books expenses.

Here is the ink below where u can find all the required info about grants

http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/postsec/money/grants/gindex.shtml#canada

All the best!

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
Thanks for your reply and help.... it is really very usefull for me ... but i am in a fix ... i will have to go to BC. Dear please inform me if you have any idea about child grant?is it 400$ per child in BC? i have no future plans in BC but will have to land there.

newcomer said:
Hi,

I dont want to sound negative,nonetheless honestly I dont want to present a rosy picture of Canada.Unfortunately nowadays BC is not considered a good place for new immigrants due to very few job opportunities and very high cost of living .
As I have never lived in BC ,so do not have much specific knowledge about it but I have met many people who moved from BC to another place due to a bad job market there.In my view the first step towards a successful settlement just starts with the choice of right place of landing.Noadays AB & SK are considered as booming economies thus having better job prospects as well.

Regarding loans especially grants,unfortunately not "everyone" qualifies for a loan or grant .You need to fulfill certain conditions/requirements to qualify for them.Besides,many times they do not cover all your tuition/books expenses.

All the best!

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
kmkm said:
Thanks for your reply and help.... it is really very usefull for me ... but i am in a fix ... i will have to go to BC. Dear please inform me if you have any idea about child grant?is it 400$ per child in BC? i have no future plans in BC but will have to land there.
No problem! you are very welcome.

Regarding CCTB (money granted by govt. for kids) ,it depends upon one s annual family income,less for higher family income and vice versa.To have an idea about how much you can get for CCTB ,you can use CCTB calculator .However, for the initial months payments you will be evaluated according to your previous year family income,even it is from outside Canada.For example if you land in Canada on 1st July 2013,your income from 1st July 2012-30th June 2013 will be used to determine your initial payments of CCTB.

Below is the link for CCTB calculator and CRA website.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/clcltr/cctb_clcltr-eng.html

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cctb/

Hope that helps!

juma005

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hi Newcomer,
Nicely explained... thanks

Juma

newcomer said:

Regarding CCTB (money granted by govt. for kids) ,it depends upon one s annual family income,less for higher family income and vice versa.To have an idea about how much you can get for CCTB ,you can use CCTB calculator .However, for the initial months payments you will be evaluated according to your previous year family income,even it is from outside Canada.For example if you land in Canada on 1st July 2013,your income from 1st July 2012-30th June 2013 will be used to determine your initial payments of CCTB.

Below is the link for CCTB calculator and CRA website.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/clcltr/cctb_clcltr-eng.html

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cctb/

Hope that helps!

denDbest

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-12-2011
Med's Request
06-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-11-2012 sent 14-11-2012, received 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012 received 13-12-2012
LANDED..........
09-May-2013
MARCHIE said:
Since there are not direct flights to BC like Toronto from UAE.
Its preferred, they go by British Airline with code sharing with American Airline..
Only that these flights land in evenings.
Hope this helps.
I WOULD not Definitely Recommend British Airways,... The Airplane itself is old and smelly seats! Flight attendants are very rude and not approachable at all.. I thought It was just one bad flight experience going to dubai to london but even the plane going to toronto from london.... Too bad coz we already booked even the return ticket with them....same experience.... No wonder coz few seats are just occupied... :mad: :(

kmkm

May 11, 2013
Paksiatn
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 06 2012
Med's Request
August 23 2012
Med's Done....
sep 03 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20th april 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah soon.
thanks for your help.i also do not like it but there is some problem that's why i will have to land here but in future i will move from there.

newcomer said:
Hi,

All the best!

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
kmkm said:
thanks for your help.i also do not like it but there is some problem that's why i will have to land here but in future i will move from there.

All the best for your settlement process in Canada.