+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immidiate attention please _Email from General Credit Services Inc

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Before I left Canada last year I've been contacted over phone to an agent of my internet service provider and cell phone operator (both are same company) to disconnect my services. I contact them least 30 days before I need to be disconnected. I'm very very afraid ! as yesterday I got an email like below:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with Provincial Legislation.

We have attempted to work with you to find a solution to this matter and your unwillingness to cooperate with us to resolve this account has been noted.

This debt is seriously past due and our investigations team has now determined that IMMEDIATE LEGAL ACTION may be the only way to resolve this matter.

You should know that after obtaining a Provincial Court order, our client may be able to:
- Garnish your wages
•- Attach any real estate or other property that you own
•- Seize all monies in your personal bank accounts
•- Seize and sell your assets at auction
•- Have your financial affairs examined in front of the court

There is still time to deal with this matter voluntarily and avoid the embarrassment and possible additional expenses of this action – however if you fail to contact our office to arrange for a suitable repayment within 72 hours of the date of this notice, we will have no choice but to consider a referral back to our client for IMMEDIATE LEGAL ACTION with no further notice to you."

As I'm going to filing EE profile under CEC soon. So, if they take an legal action, then does it really mean I AM INADMISSIBLE TO CANADA as per cic rules?
you experts please help me out. I'm extremely worried about this. Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you're not inadmissible to Canada.

Exactly how much money do you owe? It's really not that easy for a company to have your wages garnished or do the other things they are threatening.

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
No - you're not inadmissible to Canada.

Exactly how much money do you owe? It's really not that easy for a company to have your wages garnished or do the other things they are threatening.
Thank you so much for your kind reply !!
statement shows I owe about $2000. / however cic i'm inadmissible if I have a serious financial problem. isnt it a serious financial problem???? I'm so worried

abderhamoumi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
In case they sue you it will be a civil claim, the priority of cic is to search into the criminal matters. But you don't want to be sued, so try contact them and let them know your situation, negotiate and ask about the different possibilities to settle the amount... Before all of that make sure that isn't a SCAM, google the sender of that email...