+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Imigration to Quebec (URGENT, Please answer)

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
If you look at the required document list,
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/dcs-workers/list-documents.html
The Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM 0008) copy is not listed. Do we really have to submit this? Does this mean that one have to apply for canada immigration along with Québec Selection Certificate request. I thought applying for Québec Selection Certificate will be enough to secure the canada immigration. Please correct me if I am wrong, if I am wrong. When do I have to apply for canada immigration (before or after quebec selection).

What amount Bank Draft we need to prepare in favor of Minister of Finance of Quebec in canadian dollars?

A

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
If you look at the required document list,
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/dcs-workers/list-documents.html
The Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM 0008) copy is not listed. Do we really have to submit this? Does this mean that one have to apply for canada immigration along with Québec Selection Certificate request. I thought applying for Québec Selection Certificate will be enough to secure the canada immigration. Please correct me if I am wrong, if I am wrong. When do I have to apply for canada immigration (before or after quebec selection).

What amount Bank Draft we need to prepare in favor of Minister of Finance of Quebec in canadian dollars?

A
Hi ali_12345, my understanding to your query are as follows:

- http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/dcs-workers/list-documents.html - its not listed here because you dont need that for Selection Certificate; you only need that when you get QSC and go federal.
- me thinks you have to apply for PR with QSC encosed (maybe notarized or something).
- PR i.e. canadian immigration is after Quebec selection.
- my understanding is Quebec SC fee - $390, Fee for application for PR (federal) - $490 plus other federal costs.

hope this helps!

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Hi,

I just wondered if I can submit the following as proof of french knowledge (no test results):

- High School French (6 years) with Grade C.
- Letter of employment to volunteer in a bilingual university - which involves contact with french students.
- Letter from University stating my current level (after placement test).
- signed affidavit that I am enrolling for French class in Fall in the University.

Then I tick French as Intermediate (4) on the application form.

My hope is that by the time they call me on the phone, I will have advanced enough to speak with them as I am taking a great self study course & I have a chance to practice French everyday.

So will the above submission be enough to waive a written test (and possibly an interview). If not and I get called for an interview and I could not demonstrate level of required French, will I be given chance to submit test results with the same application or will I reapply with new application fee?

Thanks!!!

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
ali

you will apply for Canadian immigration after u get the QSC. my visa office was hong kong, and IMM 0008 was listed there, if yours list doesn't contain it, don't include. for further confirmation, you can email ur visa office. its always better to have their say.

the amount would be $390 in the name of Minister of finance of Quebec.