+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

illegal in the USA wants to move anywhere in Canada, please help!

laura234

Aug 28, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am an illegal immigrant here in the USA and I want to move anywhere in Canada. I'm a Mexican living in Vegas, NV. I have the Employment Authorization Document or EAD for short. I'm a second year college student, studying to get my bachelors in Science of Nursing. If I can go over there to finish my schooling that's even better, I have enough experience working in fast food and as a sales associates. I want to be somewhere I can be legal and not worried that one day someone will take me away just because I don't have any legal documents to stay. Please help.

Thanks.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
No, but on a serious note, I am interested to know what happens in this case, or what the genuine replies will be like, or if anyone else has gone through a situation like THIS.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laura234 said:
Hello everyone,
I am an illegal immigrant here in the USA and I want to move anywhere in Canada. I'm a Mexican living in Vegas, NV. I have the Employment Authorization Document or EAD for short. I'm a second year college student, studying to get my bachelors in Science of Nursing. If I can go over there to finish my schooling that's even better, I have enough experience working in fast food and as a sales associates. I want to be somewhere I can be legal and not worried that one day someone will take me away just because I don't have any legal documents to stay. Please help.

Thanks.
In order to apply for Canadian PR, you have to be in a country in which you lived for at least 1 year legally. If you've stayed illegally after the 1 year, that doesn't seem to make a difference, but you have to have arrived in the country legally.

So I'm not sure what options you have.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's just for PR, though.

I've no idea what the process is like for temporary work or study visas.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
laura234 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
Extremely unlikely you will be approved for a study permit in Canada given your illegal status in the US - I wouldn't bother even trying to apply. Same goes for a work permit - refusal is pretty much guaranteed due to your lack of status in the US.

If you wish to apply to immigrate instead, it will be very difficult (likely impossible) to qualify with the experience you have now. You'll most likely have to wait until you have completed your studies and have a few years of experience as a nurse before you will be able to apply.

Unfortunately that's the honest / realistic answer.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
How long have you been in the USA? If you have an EAD, depending on the circumstances that led to you being in the USA, there's a possibility you could gain legal status.

Like scylla said, points-wise, you will likely need to finish your degree before you accumulate enough points to qualify for an ITA. The illegal status in the USA would likely be a red flag to CIC. That being said, I know of illegal immigrants getting legal status in the USA. It will take time, but I would look into that before trying to head to Canada.

laura234

Aug 28, 2016
To Scylla:
thanks for being honest. I guess I will have to try after college then. I really wanted to leave before that, but I guess I just have to wait.

To mgnlky:
I been here for 17 years, my siblings and I practically grew up here.

And also thanks to everyone else!

babumiah

Aug 3, 2018
I am bangladeshi citizen, first time one cheater give eta visa for canada.that cheater scape from here and loss 20 thousand usd.now one agent give me visit visa.now my questions if I will go canada,I can work there if I show my eta visa there contain work permit
please give me helpfull suggestion

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
now.. to even apply you will need PCC from USA.. and that point of time you will be caught and be deported. Right now ICE is very stringent with all this shit. Even though you can have great score but background check will be done.. I assure you you will be caught..

US and Canada share all security about people moving.. forget that India shares yeah... so

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am bangladeshi citizen, first time one cheater give eta visa for canada.that cheater scape from here and loss 20 thousand usd.now one agent give me visit visa.now my questions if I will go canada,I can work there if I show my eta visa there contain work permit
No - you cannot work. You need a valid work permit in order to work in Canada. A visitor visa does not allow you to work. An ETA doesn't allow you to work either.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
now.. to even apply you will need PCC from USA.. and that point of time you will be caught and be deported. Right now ICE is very stringent with all this shit. Even though you can have great score but background check will be done.. I assure you you will be caught..

US and Canada share all security about people moving.. forget that India shares yeah... so
First off I'm a US citizen and I don't know specific answers about the OP question. However, I have helped someone in the USA get an US FBI report recently in a state that communicate with ICE. As such please don't advise people that they will be caught and deported. An illegal person in the US does not have to go to a police station to obtain fingerprints. Some police stations in some states and cities is pro immigration and as such they would not report the illegal immigrant. However, a safer way is to just use a channeler. Some of the channelers provides fingerprinting services. I am not suggesting anyone to use the channelers for livescan as that service is only for US permanent residents and US citizens. In addition, the OP can use a friends address since that's not a crime.

Yes, Canada will share information with the USA but then again the OP can use a friends address. ICE is very strict at present so any illegal immigrant in the USA needs to be very careful. However, the above is a safer method in my opinion. Everyone needs to decide what level of risk they are comfortable taking.

Now, I have no knowledge about OP question in relation to ETA.

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I can't really give you any specific advice but your post made me sad for you. Can't you try to apply for permanent residence through Express Entry? That might be easier than trying to move to Canada on a visit visa and trying to find a job. Do you have enough points? You can check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
I hope things work out for you.