App. Filed.......
3rd may 2008
Doc's Request.
3rd april 2009
AOR Received.
no
Med's Request
no
I mentioned in my previous post about people going without giving ielts and I was asked especially by friends (rupisehhri) to give evidence about how many people I know who cleared their interviews without ielts. I think following paragraphs abstracted from cic website are sufficient evidence.

This is strongly recommended that you take an official language test if you are claiming skills in a language that is not your native language.

If you choose not to take an approved language test, you must prove your ability to speak, listen, read and write Canada’s official languages through other written evidence. You must provide written proof and an explanation that clearly shows you meet the benchmark criteria listed in the Canadian Language Benchmarks in each of the four skills.

NOTE
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) officers will not conduct an interview to assess your language skills. CIC will only use test results from organizations approved by CIC in assigning language points.

You must:

Indicate what level of language proficiency you are claiming for each skill (speaking, listening, reading and writing).
Submit, with your application for immigration, a written explanation and supporting documentation as proof of the levels you have indicated.

This material should include:
a written submission explaining your training in English or French;
an explanation of how you commonly use English or French;
official documentation of education in English or French; and
official documentation of work experience in English or French.
What happens next

A CIC officer will review the evidence you include with your application.

Your submission must satisfy the officer that your language skills meet the benchmarks for the levels you are claiming.
The officer will award points for your language ability based on what you send with your application.
You will not know in advance how many points the CIC officer will give you for your language skills

zahir

Star Member
Jan 16, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd may 2008
Doc's Request.
3rd april 2009
AOR Received.
no
Med's Request
no
2 of my pakistani relatives , one of them applied from Bahrain and other from pakistan did not give IELTS and got through . Although it happened about 10 to 12 years ago .

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
zahir said:
2 of my pakistani relatives , one of them applied from Bahrain and other from pakistan did not give IELTS and got through . Although it happened about 10 to 12 years ago .
CIC doesn't have any IELTS requirements 10 to 12 years ago and that's why your friends got through. No matter what, you have to take the IELTS to prove your efficiency of English.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not have to take any IELTS or TOEFL to prove my English. I guessed my points and told them that I had spent some time in the US and through most of my university I had English textbooks. That was 8 years ago. Rules were different back then. Since then, they've had a lot of people send them all kinds of proof of their English and then found out that some of them arrive not speaking a word of it. From what I have heard now is that they usually require IELTS unless English is your native language. Like it or not, that's the way it is. You can send them all kinds of proof of your English hoping they will accept it but be prepared that they might make you take IELTS anyway.

zahir

Star Member
Jan 16, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd may 2008
Doc's Request.
3rd april 2009
AOR Received.
no
Med's Request
no
Well thanks a lot friends.After consulting with all of you I reached to conclusion that I must give Ielts, after which I will be on safe side and will not have to reappear in the interview .

A

adnan_hsn

Zahir, what do you mean by this?

zahir said:
......................... that I must give Ielts, after which I will be on safe side and will not have to reappear in the interview .
In case you apply without an IELTS score and/or say the CIC/interviewer is not satisfied with your English, do they give you a chance to take IELTS and reappear under the same application after you have your results?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

adnan_hsn said:

zahir said:
......................... that I must give Ielts, after which I will be on safe side and will not have to reappear in the interview .
In case you apply without an IELTS score and/or say the CIC/interviewer is not satisfied with your English, do they give you a chance to take IELTS and reappear under the same application after you have your results?
1. They will not evaluation your language at an interview, if you claim high/medium and during the interview the interviewer is unable to understand you or you can't understand the questions, you are probably going to "low" for you claimed English. No they won't suspend the interview so you can take IELTS.

PMM

zahir

Star Member
Jan 16, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd may 2008
Doc's Request.
3rd april 2009
AOR Received.
no
Med's Request
no
well I know one of my patient who is nowadays in Toronto as canadian citizen had appeared in the interview about 2 years ago. Although he was Pakistani but he had applied from Singapur. He was advised to appear in IELTS in his first interview so he had to fly again to singapur to areappear in his 2nd interview in which he got through. I am still in contact with him

A

adnan_hsn

PMM said:
Hi

adnan_hsn said:

zahir said:
............., if you claim high/medium and during the interview the interviewer is unable to understand you or you can't understand the questions, you are probably going to "low" for you claimed English.

PMM
And what if your interviewer fully understands you, and you DO completely understand his/her questions and answer them to their satisfaction????

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandler said:
well my friend did PhD from a top US university...he never took IELTS and still got his visa
In the past, it was not mandatory to take IELTS. Since June 26, it is. Even for people who are native English speakers it is. No IELTS = no visa.