+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - what band is required for me?

Jacenty

Aug 1, 2019
Hello
I have recently received my IELTS test results.
I have done general training IELTS test and I was looking online what band/results I need to have in order to receive express entry. I am civil engineer and possibly I will be looking for job in civil engineering sector (construction).
I really don't know where I can find what requirements I need... Only information I have found is the one about university requirements...
Additionally - does somebody know if employer will ask for IELTS test results as well after receiving visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Google "Express Entry eligibility" and there you will find the requirements and how to apply with IELTs and education assessments. If you have PR, employers will assume you have the skills to speak English.

Jacenty

Aug 1, 2019
Hey
Thank you for that! It helped me a lot!
So now different question - what is my skill level type is 0 or A but I will apply for B? will that prevent me to do skill level A jobs? Is it visable?

Jacenty

Aug 1, 2019
Hey
So now different question - what is my skill level type is 0 or A but I will apply for B? will that prevent me to do skill level A jobs? Is it visable?
Ok nvm - I think if one of my results are 5.5 I need to re-sit the test anyway...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey
It doesn't matter as long as you have one year continuous work experience you may be eligible. Your employment letter must match the NOC. Once you are PR, you can work in whatever job or NOC you want.

Jacenty

Aug 1, 2019
That score is too low to be eligible. You need 6 in every band, and even more to have a higher CRS score.
Hmm is it too low to be eligble for level skill A or 0 but not for level skill B is that right? overall I have 7... just one is 5.5 ;(

Saniachippy

May 7, 2021
Hello, IAm a nurse in Ireland.my fiancee is having PR in Canada. So IAm planning to write ielts. How much score I need to work in Canada as a registered nurse. Is it possible to work there after my marriage without ielts. What should I choose - academic or general ielts. IAm plann

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello, IAm a nurse in Ireland.my fiancee is having PR in Canada. So IAm planning to write ielts. How much score I need to work in Canada as a registered nurse. Is it possible to work there after my marriage without ielts. What should I choose - academic or general ielts. IAm plann
1, For PR you need IELTs General Minimum of 6 in each module to qualify.
2. You really should read the instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html
3. Even if you qualify, to Emigrate, you probably not be able to work as a registered Nurse in Canada. You will have to jump through a number of "hoops" and as most nurses in the UK and Ireland don't take all the required modules that the Canadian nurses do, you will probably have to take additional courses in Canada and practicums before being licensed.
4. Read the requirements for foreign trained nurses here: https://www.nnas.ca/

Saniachippy

May 7, 2021
Hi

1, For PR you need IELTs General Minimum of 6 in each module to qualify.
2. You really should read the instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html
3. Even if you qualify, to Emigrate, you probably not be able to work as a registered Nurse in Canada. You will have to jump through a number of "hoops" and as most nurses in the UK and Ireland don't take all the required modules that the Canadian nurses do, you will probably have to take additional courses in Canada and practicums before being licensed.
4. Read the requirements for foreign trained nurses here: https://www.nnas.ca/
what should I do first? If it is ielts - academic or general to work as a nurse in future