+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on 11th Feb

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
progression said:
Ostensibly, the only thing that matters is what CLB level you are at. Migration from CLB 8 to CLB 9 definitely boosts your CRS score. Within each CLB there is no significant difference. For instance, you have scored 8, 7, 7, 9 LRWS. Effectively your CLB is 9. But your overall CRS score won't be significantly superior than someone who scored 8, 7, 7, 7, which is still CLB 9.
I got 6.5 / 7.5/8 /6.5 in LRSW, so my CLB is 7??

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
With a higher language score, you get CRS points for adaptability.

sam1989

Jan 13, 2017
Ascent said:
Plz give reference to the resources you use, really in need of good IELTs score.
I just grinded through a bunch of practice tests. Cambridge IELTS 11 from this site, youtube and this website which is a great resource.Make sure you watch all those videos/tips and do the practice questions. ieltsliz.com

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Furious54 said:
Hello Everyone

I received my Ielts result today L 8.5 S 8.5 W 6.5 R 8.5 and I hope someone can help me with my question.
My Trf number (online on IDP website) starts with 16CA00..........I just wanted to confirm if my TRF number is coorect as in my opinion the TRF number should start with 17, considering I booked as well as gave the test in 2017. I understand that I can wait for two weeks to officialy confirm it when I receive my original result.

Can anyone guide me in this matter or if someone has given the test in January 2017 and have their official TRF to check if it starts with 16...then it will be really appreciated. I always thought that the TRF starts with current Year
Hi,
Today i received my report. I gave my test on 11th Feb 2017. As you mentioned, in my report also TRF starts with 16.. So i think it should be fine..

:)

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
progression said:
Ostensibly, the only thing that matters is what CLB level you are at. Migration from CLB 8 to CLB 9 definitely boosts your CRS score. Within each CLB there is no significant difference. For instance, you have scored 8, 7, 7, 9 LRWS. Effectively your CLB is 9. But your overall CRS score won't be significantly superior than someone who scored 8, 7, 7, 7, which is still CLB 9.
Yes that I know i want to understand how how much point does each CLB has..Now mine is 7 CLB, if I do well in IELTS and get 8 CLB, by how much points my score will go up

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fperk_83 said:
Yes that I know i want to understand how how much point does each CLB has..Now mine is 7 CLB, if I do well in IELTS and get 8 CLB, by how much points my score will go up
I think you have to play around. For my specific case, migration from CLB 7 to CLB 8 is only 24 points. But from CLB 8 to CLB 9 it is 82 points. So, go figure ...
Your current CLB is 8, not 7.

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
progression said:
I think you have to play around. For my specific case, migration from CLB 7 to CLB 8 is only 24 points. But from CLB 8 to CLB 9 it is 82 points. So, go figure ...
Your current CLB is 8, not 7.
I have got L 6.5 R 7.5 S 8 W 6.5, as per the calculation it is coming to CLB 7..
Is there any link where i can check with clear detailed info,

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fperk_83 said:
I have got L 6.5 R 7.5 S 8 W 6.5, as per the calculation it is coming to CLB 7..
Is there any link where i can check with clear detailed info,
Ah, my bad, didn't notice your L 6.5.
Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
aeldemerdash said:
IDP has sent an email to me to notify me of the delay in test report form.

We refer to the IELTS test that took place on 11th February 2017, in British University in Dubai.

As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates. As a result of these procedures, the test scores from the 11th February 2017 have been delayed from standard release for further analysis.

Does anyone experience something like this before ?
Same thing happened to me and on my inquiry they said it may take 1 to 2 weeks. My two friends also faced this situation. One friend got result after one week and other after 1 month. Lets hope we will get result next week!!!

Furious54

Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucky07 said:
Hi,
Today i received my report. I gave my test on 11th Feb 2017. As you mentioned, in my report also TRF starts with 16.. So i think it should be fine..

:)
Lucky07 :

Thank you very much for confirming it. I really appreciate your help.

Rubi17

Feb 15, 2017
xpressentry said:
Yes. I had taken an ielts exam on Jan 7th and the results were withheld for 6 weeks. I didn't want to wait that long so I retook the ielts and for my desired score. I don't care about that previous result anymore.
Congrats for great result xpressentry, You mentioned you gave test 5 times. plz share if all of them were with IDP or BC. My 2nd attempt result was also CLB8, will be reattempting soon. Please share your experience with IDP/BC. Thanks in advance :)

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Rubi17 said:
Congrats for great result xpressentry, You mentioned you gave test 5 times. plz share if all of them were with IDP or BC. My 2nd attempt result was also CLB8, will be reattempting soon. Please share your experience with IDP/BC. Thanks in advance :)
All were with BC. I live in the UK so we dont have IDP here.

Hassan1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hello.
I got ielts score recently my score is Listening:8 Reading:7 Speaking:7 Writing :6.5
i needed 7 in writing as well to be a strong candidate for express entry . I am planning for rechecking writing EOR . Is this a right way ? Or any one else doing that Huh Need Suggestions !