+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS min. requirements?

Sami.fahim

Sep 12, 2023
Dear All, I am 38 years old. In IELTS, I have scored 6 in writing, and 7 in listening, reading, and speaking. When I use the Check Eligibility tool, it shows me that I am not eligible for Express Entry application (Skilled Workers). To find out what is the reason for why I cannot apply, I tried again and tried to make the writing score as 6.5, the tool ended up showing that I am eligible!
My question: with 6 in Writing and 7 in other test parts (and overall band score is 7), can I create and submit an application on Express Entry (Skilled Workers) and gain points?

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
Changing the writing score from 6 to 6.5 gave you an additional point.

You need at least 67 points to submit a profile, but it looks like you are currently sitting at 66.

If you have took the test within the last 6 weeks, you also ask for remark -- contact the test centre.
If not, you should take the test again to get a better score, and you should be eligible.

FYI, the min IELTS scores is 6/6/6/6.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html