ielts 30th Sept

hetmavani

Aug 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hey friend
Please tell me what did you get in your writing?
Tell me also that reading and listening were easy or not ?
I gave my IELTS speaking on 29/09/2017 through IDP (Ahmedabad center), and Listening/Reading/Writing on 30/09/2017. I gave the General Module of the test.
My speaking cue card topic was:
"Describe a couple that you know who has a happy marriage"
I got about 7-8 counter questions related to the topic like "What is the role of a husband and a wife in a married life in your culture?" and "How has the role of women changed over time in a married life?"
Introductory questions were related to my job and whether I liked it or not.

Listning was easy - couldn't clearly hear M or N in a name. Section 3 had 4 multiple choice questions which required sufficient time to read and the speaker was not using a direct language (they were referring to synonyms), which made it slightly difficult. Section 4 had all fill in the blanks (only one word), which seemed quite easy as I had done enough practice for such questions. Section 2 did noy involve any maps or diagrams (I like such questions, so I was a bit disappointed ). Section 1 speaker spoke a bit faster than expected (Faster than listening of Cambridge 11).

Reading was simple. Passages were easy. I found 2-3 questions doubtful, especially in Section 1 and 2. Section 3 was very easy compared to Cambridge books.

Writing Task 1 was a letter:
"You are planning to leave your current job and move to your home town. Write a letter to your friend and inform him a time and place to meet. Write where you will be working in your home town."
(This is not the exact script of the task, but only what I could remember)
Writing Task 2 was :
"In many schools, sport and exercise classes are being replaced by academic subjects. Give your opinion about this. How will this affect children's lives?"

Overall the test was good. Facilities were good - we were provided with pencil, pen, eraser, sharpner. Headphones were in good working condition. The initial arrangement was a bit chaotic. With so many students, the anouncers were almost inaudible. The waiting area was outside - there were fans but Indian heat can drain a lot of our energy, AC waiting area would have helped a lot.

A suggestion: Do not plan anything else on the date of the test. It was an exhaustive day and I was planning to drive for 3 hours and travel a lot, but I had to cancel it.

All the best!