+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC work permit extension

PrincessofRosie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
Hey guys,

I have a question in terms of IEC WH. My bf's visa are running out soon and I was thinking of applying for extension. His main intention is to apply for PR. He has all documents except WES which is a couple weeks late.

1. In terms of applying for extension i am unsure which criteria he would fall under as he is currently employed but will not be using the employer to facilitate his EE profile. The options are listed below, 2 categories must be selected.

- Apply for work permit with same employer
- Restore my status as a worker
- Apply for a work permit for the first time/ or with a new employer
- Get a new temporary work permit (admissible applicants only)

2. It asks him which work permit he will be applying for in this situation. Options below
- Exemption from LMIA
-LMIA stream
- Co-op
- Live in work permit
- Post grad
- Open work permit
- Other
- Start up business class

I am thinking either Open work permit or other any clarification would be helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I have a question in terms of IEC WH. My bf's visa are running out soon and I was thinking of applying for extension. His main intention is to apply for PR. He has all documents except WES which is a couple weeks late.

1. In terms of applying for extension i am unsure which criteria he would fall under as he is currently employed but will not be using the employer to facilitate his EE profile. The options are listed below, 2 categories must be selected.

- Apply for work permit with same employer
- Restore my status as a worker
- Apply for a work permit for the first time/ or with a new employer
- Get a new temporary work permit (admissible applicants only)

2. It asks him which work permit he will be applying for in this situation. Options below
- Exemption from LMIA
-LMIA stream
- Co-op
- Live in work permit
- Post grad
- Open work permit
- Other
- Start up business class

I am thinking either Open work permit or other any clarification would be helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated!
IECs cannot be extended. He doesn't qualify for an open work permit based on the information you have provided. His options are:

- Apply for a new IEC if he is from a country that allows multiple participations in the program. He would have to enter the pool and wait to be selected like he did the first time.
- Have his employer obtain an approved LMIA so that he can apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer and role.

PrincessofRosie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
I did apply for IEC extension myself. But it was young professional permit not WH. He is aussie however they can't apply for multiple wh visa anymore.

Reactions: koala12