+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
It's me again. So I just called the cic call center and begged for some information about my application
submitted feb 11th. It's been exactly one month today and still no word from cic. So i called them and
asked, guess what they said? Cic doesn't know anything about my application, my countries visa office is
processing my iec application.
Ok, well that's better than no information at all, right? Ya, that's what I thought. So I googled the telephone number,
long distance call and about 35 minutes later, back to where we started from.
My countries visa office is NOT processing iec applications, it's processed by cic.
WHAT THE HECK?!
So who's processing those applications now? And which processing times do apply?
It's freaking me out that no one has information about the whole process. Last years application submitted by mail
was so easy and hassle free.

*Frustrated.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
Holy crap. This is ridiculous. So apparently *no one* is processing your application? This new system is suffering some major issues with working together huh. I don't want to call out of fear that something else is going to go wrong. Keep us updated!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Well I'll check with starbucks in my neighborhood after work, maybe they're processing it?!
I'll keep you posted for sure.
Gonna wait till the end of this week and then call the hotline again. :-D
Still have a few weeks before my current WP expires...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
So I called the CIC hotline again today, and this time got connected to a really nice and helpful agent.
IEC applications are not being processed in Canada, so the processing times posted on the CIC website do NOT
apply for our applications.
IEC applications are being processed in New York. Current processing times there are a minimum of 30 days and subject to change.
I requested contact information for this Visa Office and as soon as I get that information I'll share with you.

Hang in there guys.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OC said:
Ugh. I just wanna know NOW.
Agreed. Me too. Called CIC again to make sure the information i was given is correct.
And yes, the second agent told me the same. IEC is bein processed in New York. And unless the application
is being processed for more than TWO months, calling or emailing new york office is useless.
As they
Code:
This visa office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times mentioned below.
... patience my friends. Haha. Wish I had better news...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NEWS, as of March 18th:

I received my LOI.

That's my timeline:

IEC Submitted: Feb 7th
IEC Proof of Payment received: Feb 8th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: Feb 11th
CIC Application Submitted: Feb 11th
CIC Submission Confirmation: Feb 11th
CIC LOI received: March 18th

Hols

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
6221-B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AEO still processing
Brilliant news Toby, when do you hope to land? keep us informed if you don't mind ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hols said:
Brilliant news Toby, when do you hope to land? keep us informed if you don't mind ;)
I am already in Canada on a 1 year Working Holiday Visa. So I'll flagpole to activate my
new work permit beginning of April.

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
Hey!

I am still waiting for LOI..... German citizen residing in the U.S.

IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: Feb 20th
CIC Application Submitted: Feb 21st
CIC Submission Confirmation: Feb 21st
CIC LOI: ???

I got an email from New York today stating that my application is in the queue for processing....about 3 weeks after I emailed them requesting a status update.
Anybody got any info?