+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC International Experience Canada, how else can you get to Canada for a year?

dishy_max

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Hoping somebody might be able to help......The High Commission website shows that there are 5,350 spaces for the IEC each year and unfortunately those are already taken up and the notice on the website says they are not accepting any new applications.

I have a very good friend/business associate who wants to come out to Canada for a year. The IEC would have been perfect as we need some immediate help within our firm any my friend is ready for some time out of the UK. If she doesn't make the cut - what other options are there? We don't want to go through the process of sponsoring her to come over as it is a lengthy and expensive process and she only wants a year off and we only need her assistance for 9-12 months.

Does anybody have any insight? I have spent some time reviewing the High Commission website and looked on here but just not finding what I want. I know that Canadians can get a working-holiday visa for the UK and there are no limits as to how many of those are given - so why is it just 5,350 visas given to UK residents wanting to come to Canada for a year?? Which other route can we go?

Thanks guys.

Markalexm4

Sep 13, 2012
Could they not apply to get a working visa?
this process does not have any costs such as sponsoring as far as i am aware, well £100 or so but no great outlay, as my brother did a very similar thing a few years back.

In his case to obtain a Canadian work Visa from the UK he had to:

1. Get a written job offer (From yourself in this instance)
2. Show proof of qualifications
3. And lastly a positive LMO that once again you yourself would obtain...pretty much saying that it wont harm the Canadian economy by giving the job to a brit....

If you go to the CIC Canadian immigration website they have loads of info on a work visa, unlimited amount of working visas to Canada from UK again as far as i am aware, compared to IEC

hope this helps...if not let me know and i shall see if i can think of any other way to help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Markalexm4 said:
Could they not apply to get a working visa?
this process does not have any costs such as sponsoring as far as i am aware, well £100 or so but no great outlay, as my brother did a very similar thing a few years back.

In his case to obtain a Canadian work Visa from the UK he had to:

1. Get a written job offer (From yourself in this instance)
2. Show proof of qualifications
3. And lastly a positive LMO that once again you yourself would obtain...pretty much saying that it wont harm the Canadian economy by giving the job to a brit....

If you go to the CIC Canadian immigration website they have loads of info on a work visa, unlimited amount of working visas to Canada from UK again as far as i am aware, compared to IEC

hope this helps...if not let me know and i shall see if i can think of any other way to help!
The IEC (Working Holiday Visa) are closed from the UK. So the OP friend can't apply until the applications re-open in January/13. The OP only other choice is a LMO which s/he doesn't want to do.

dishy_max

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Why wouldn't she want to do the LMO? Is that a bad thing?