+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

IntifadaHD

Jan 20, 2014
moorhs said:
Hello, I'm an Australian currently a visitor in Canada. I have received my letter of introduction and have been confirmed I am eligible, I just have one question about proof of funds when I arrive at the border.
Because I am no in Australia currently, havernt been for a long time, I can print a statement off my online banking login section, proving I have well over 2500$, but will this be enough for the border officer? Will a transaction record be any use? any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you
Hi, I copy paste what is written on the Italian FAQ. I've tried to have a look at the "Australian" FAQ but I didn't find anything helpful

That might help you:
"Proof of $2,500 will demonstrate to the officer that you will be able to establish yourself in Canada before you find a job.

Proof of funds may include: a photocopy of your bank statement and credit card limit, a photocopy of your internship or job offer (if applicable), or a letter of confirmation from another person who is able to financially support you."

-------

Please can someone answer at the question below?

I have a little doubt regarding the CV (template) that we have to provide, it is about the address, which one should we put? The one where we currently live and work or the one where we have the residence? e.g. I am Italian but I temporarily live and work abroad (UK) but my citizenship is Italian and my residence is in Italy.

Can I maybe include both addresses in CV? Please help!

JensonButton

Nov 14, 2013
JensonButton said:
I'm stuck on the process of uploading CiC forms after being conditionally approved. This is for IEC, International Experience Canada.

They need me to do a medical exam but I don't have a IME number and the doctors need the IME number to preform it. Where would I get the IME number or the request to do a medical examination?

CiC told me to upload a 5707 form but on the form it states that if you are not one of these 6 listed countries than you would need to fill out IMM 5645. Hong Kong(China) is not one of the listed countries. So would I fill out the IMM 5645 form instead?

Also regarding the police check, where does one get a request for it? It tells me to upload the certificate on CiC but after checking with HK Police, they need to see an actual request from the other party(CiC in this case) before they can do the check and give her a certificate.

Any ideas? Thanks
Any help from anyone? robbiefernando?

carbyy

Jan 20, 2014
Is the point of entry letter for the working holiday visa my visa for a 12 month stay as well, I'm from England so can stay for up to 6 months visa free,

bigaj

Jan 22, 2014
Hi, I am in Australia and I have received my conditional acceptance letter for this program. Unfortunately, when logged into MyCIC every time I try to upload a document from my document checklist I am redirected to an error page when the file finishes uploading. This happens when uploading any document in my checklist, .jpg's and .pdf's.

"Error 502: Page unavailable."

This is not an issue with document verification.

On my document checklist page there is a notification stating "**Due to technical difficulties, the "View Documents" button may not be available. We are working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience."

But from what I've read in the forums I should still be able to upload documents, however it is not working for me at all, I tried uploading all my documents with the error page and I never end up being able to progress onto the next step of my application.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have been having this problem now for a month!!! I need to complete my application before my conditional acceptance letter expires or else I will lose $150....

Thanks in advance for any responses!

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Carby - The POE letter is the one that will grant you the work visa and will let you stay inside canada for the duration of it but the work visa doesn't give you the privelage of re entry.

Bigaj - I have applied for the second stage through CIC day befoe yesterday and it was all good. I logged in through CIC and there were no errors at all. I got my approval as well within 24 hours.

Can some one tell me what does a port of entry letter looks like ? My letter has the signature from Vegervile at the bottom. It reads as Yur study permit or work permit has been approved and then in a box it says type - work permit

Is is the same for everyone else ? I was under the impression that IEC work permits are processed in Ottawa and not vegervilee.

bigaj

Jan 22, 2014
confusedimmigrant said:
Carby - The POE letter is the one that will grant you the work visa and will let you stay inside canada for the duration of it but the work visa doesn't give you the privelage of re entry.

Bigaj - I have applied for the second stage through CIC day befoe yesterday and it was all good. I logged in through CIC and there were no errors at all. I got my approval as well within 24 hours.

Can some one tell me what does a port of entry letter looks like ? My letter has the signature from Vegervile at the bottom. It reads as Yur study permit or work permit has been approved and then in a box it says type - work permit

Is is the same for everyone else ? I was under the impression that IEC work permits are processed in Ottawa and not vegervilee.

I don't understand, why would mine be screwing up?! I have no idea what steps to take from now, and my application is urgent :\

bigaj

Jan 22, 2014
I've even just tried creating a new MyCIC account with still no success. I hope someone has a solution to this!

bigaj

Jan 22, 2014
Okay, you will never believe how I solved this issue :eek: ... Just for the record I tried going to my friends house with a different internet service provider and had the same issue there. But the way I managed to solve the issue was uploading all the documents onto my android smartphone, and then uploading them to MyCIC from my smartphone using my phone's service provider's connection.

The funny thing is, I tried tethering my internet connection from my phone to my computer in the past and again just now and it didn't work, so my internet connection wasn't the issue, makes me think its windows, but surely that couldn't be the case?

So I had to actually upload from my phone for it to work, not just use my phones connection!

Canada2014!

Jan 22, 2014
Hi there,

First, I want to explain my current situation: I arrived in September 2013 here in Canada from Germany and got my study permit at the border. Because my program for my stay contains a study and an internship, I received an open work permit as well, which was sponsored by the language school. As my internship started a few weeks ago, I realised that I also want to gain other work experience and travel a little. Therefore, I was wondering if I can apply for a working holiday visa under International Experience Canada (IEC). My study and work permit expire at the beginning of April and the IEC application process opened for German citizens.
Once I created my account for the IEC application I had to acknowledge "that IEC is not intended for persons who hold a study permit, persons who intend to apply for IEC participation and a study permit at the same time, or persons who intend to apply for a study permit while participating in IEC." Now I'm not quite sure if I'm allowed to apply because I'm holding a study permit right now. But I wouldn't have a study permit anymore to the time when I'd get my Working Holiday Visa.

Every help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Canada2014!

moure7

Jan 20, 2014
Dear all,

I have already applied for a 2 year working visa and it is still pending.Since I don't know what will be the result of my application I am thinking of having a backup plan and that is applying for iec visa.Can I do that?Is it allowed,someone to submit two different visa application at the same time?

Eric1990

Jan 27, 2014
Hi. Im from mexico.

I have a any questions about the IEC. Im first in this program and im interesting, but i want know the date when i can inscribe in the web, and which is the process, because in the official web dont say the date when the program start.

Tankiu for your answer.

Sasha000

Feb 6, 2014
Hi everyone!

I was hoping someone here could have a helpful insight on my situation.
I applied for the IEC Young Professionals Visa for 2014. My application (first stage, kompass) was just refused due to some missing information on the job contract. I quickly re-submitted the revised version through my account "send a message to IEC". However, here is my dilemma, I am not sure they would even go back and check my messages once they have already sent me the refusal. IEC eligibility assessment still says "pending", not sure why.
Anyone found themselves in the same situation? Another option would be to start the process again, but there is already a long waiting list which would put me right at the back of the line.

Thank you very much in advance.

AlexSusanne

Feb 9, 2014
Hey Everybody,

i wanted to upload my last document in my CIC account.
When i log in and use the button "continue online application" it always directs me to "find out if you`re eligible" (what iVe already found out and i am and i have my checklist code and everything)
if i wanna go ahead its always the same error: Services are currently down, online service currently not vailable. But i just want to upload my last document, the page is just directing me wrong?!

Anybody who experieced the same problem?