+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT to PR

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Anyone able to get PR if they land on ICT WP (LMIA Exempt category, specialized knowledge). I have a few queries.
1. If we select a job offer, what documents do we need to submit ? We do not have any LMIA details due to exemption.
2. What if your employer is not willing to help ? What documents can we provide as proof? Will an employment letter and pay stubs work?
3. Any other information if you want to share ?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Anyone able to get PR if they land on ICT WP (LMIA Exempt category, specialized knowledge). I have a few queries.
1. If we select a job offer, what documents do we need to submit ? We do not have any LMIA details due to exemption.
2. What if your employer is not willing to help ? What documents can we provide as proof? Will an employment letter and pay stubs work?

Thanks
How long have you worked in Canada under LMIA exemption?
1. You submit updated job letter with employer stating you will have job one year past PR? Include LMIA exemption number.
2. If not willing to support then you cannot count extra 50 points. Don’t count job offer. Pay stubs are not enough.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
How long have you worked in Canada under LMIA exemption?
1. You submit updated job letter with employer stating you will have job one year past PR? Include LMIA exemption number.
2. If not willing to support then you cannot count extra 50 points. Don’t count job offer. Pay stubs are not enough.
Completed a year now. Getting LMIA Exempt number would be difficult. As company doesn't support PR. Moreover I can get 200 points, not 50.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Completed a year now. Getting LMIA Exempt number would be difficult. As company doesn't support PR. Moreover I can get 200 points, not 50.
What is your NOC for 200 points. Your NOC must start with 00 so CEO/CFO etc. If you are CEO the company should be supporting you. So you cannot count points if employer not willing to issue new job offer letter with LMIA exemption number.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
What is your NOC for 200 points. Your NOC must start with 00 so CEO/CFO etc. If you are CEO the company should be supporting you. So you cannot count points if employer not willing to issue new job offer letter with LMIA exemption number.
Lets not get into details, Have you ever applied in category I question?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Lets not get into details, Have you ever applied in category I question?
Ok. Just asked because only about 5 NOCs begin with 00 are eligible for 200 points - NOC 00010 to 00015. You will have to wait for someone with one of these NOCs to reply. Attached are the IRCC guidelines while you wait for a response from members. All the best.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Thanks
I did that... And I saw my friend do it to..

1. For Job offer, you will need an offer letter from your employer spelling out position, salary and a commitment to require you for a year minimum.

2. If your employer does not give you job offer, you can see how many points you have by your employment history etc. Your employer will certainly give you a work experience letter with details of your job (duration, duties, salary, hours, palce of work etc), If you have enough points and have worked as a skilled employee in Canada, try applying under CEC. They do NOC specific draws these days so check if your NOC fits.

3. I did a ICT WP to PR without my employer's job offer (rather I had one, I just did not claim points for it), my friend did with job offer. We both got PR. Rules have changed since (we got ours in 2022) and NOC specific PRs are norm.

Last edited:

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I did that... And I saw my friend do it to..

1. For Job offer, you will need an offer letter from your employer spelling out position, salary and a commitment to require you for a year minimum.

2. If your employer does not give you job offer, you can see how many points you have by your employment history etc. Your employer will certainly give you a work experience letter with details of your job (duration, duties, salary, hours, palce of work etc), If you have enough points and have worked as a skilled employee in Canada, try applying under CEC. They do NOC specific draws these days so check if your NOC fits.

3. I did a ICT WP to PR without my employer's job offer (rather I had one, I just did not claim points for it), my friend did with job offer. We both got PR. Rules have changed since (we got ours in 2022) and NOC specific PRs are norm.
Thanks,
Can you try for PR, along with the WP extension in process.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thanks,
Can you try for PR, along with the WP extension in process.
Yes. You can apply even on Maintained Status too. Just ensure your status is maintained. For example, say your old WP is expiring then you can apply BOWP too once your get your AoR for PR process. This is assuming you got your invite.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Guess a thank you to the person replying to your posting is out of the question.
Unbelievable
I think I haven't made any offensive comment to anyone, just trying not to deviate the topic. Mostly, we missed the actual conversation and start discussion another one.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Yes. You can apply even on Maintained Status too. Just ensure your status is maintained. For example, say your old WP is expiring then you can apply BOWP too once your get your AoR for PR process. This is assuming you got your invite.
Thanks for the information.