+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
You in too deep now mistreated girl, sorry you feel that way but this ship has already sailed off the dock. I really hate these situations, if I could save one penny for everytime I see people on this forum in this exact same situation id have one thousand dollars by now.

Count your losses, move on or keep calling IRCC and CBSA they’ll tell you what they can or cannot do, but from my knowledge that’s it once they received PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sponsored spouse left marital home and ended relationship very unexpectedly. Sponsor learned the spouse had received eCOPR after they ended the relationship as they were never linked to the tracker for updates by principal applicant and trusted they were getting truthful status updates on the processing of the application. Spouse also failed to inform IRCC of the change in marital status from married to separated. Does the sponsor have any recourse in this situation? Updating IRCC via the webform has been painful and replies to "withdraw application" request is asking for additional information each time, and not being clear about what is required to complete the request. It has been a few weeks and the PR Card will be sent soon most likely to the address the sponsor resides at, not the principal applicant.

Please help navigate this situation!
If your spouse has already landed and become a PR (i.e. received eCOPR), it is too late to withdraw the application.

You need to try reporting the spouse for immigration fraud (misrepresenting that they were still in a relationship at time of landing). You'll want to provide evidence to support the claims: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

BandR

Nov 21, 2023
Very unlikely IRCC will do anything. And if the applicant receives any government assistance, the government will seek compensation from the sponsor to pay for it. Unfortunately....
For the next 3 years the sponsor is financially responsible for the applicant.

Reactions: mistreated_girl

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
OP should have applied to withdraw right away when the relationship broke down.
It's too late now. Once the PA has landed (eCOPR), sponsor will be responsible for the PA for 3 years. (undertaking)

Reactions: mistreated_girl