+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I would like to thank you all - my case has been solved

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all people. i could not make it without your advices.

We sent our application as Outland, Rome Visa office as Common law.
On June 22nd our application has been refused. the reasons were absurd, The officer claimed that as a sponsor I was not living in canada (I am a PR and I was working at the government since February 2010) and I have no intention to come back to Canada (with my partner we lived together in france).
the other reason was that we did not have the requirements for Conjugal Partner category...but we applied as COMMON LAW!

we were really sad, because there was a big mistake, and obviously, a communication problem. In these months, we sent emails and fax to Rome advising them about our movements, change and even that we planned to get married on July 3rd, i.e. the week after the decisjion was made. So when we received the letter we were extremely sad and our wedding was with a lot of sadness too.
The craziest thing was that the letter that I was supposed to receive as refusal, has been sent to the old address in Paris, when I advise them that I want it in Toronto.

a complete mess. We were without any strenght. But we were ready to send another application. My husband went also to pass a new medical exam!
However, i contacted my MP, Olivia Chow, and I spoke with the chief of the canadian immigration committee here at the government. He told me to send a letter to rome, saying that they did a huge mistake and if in case, there were the possibility to re open our old file.
I did that.SIncerely I did not think that it could bring any positive results, especially because it seemed to me that Rome was not reading our emails.
but SURPRISE. we received last week an email from rome, to send proofs of wedding and BIG SURPRISE, the file has been re opened and the visa issued!!!
result: my husband is arriving in Toronto in 2 hours with a visa on his passport. and He s going to be a new canadian PR.

thank you for everything guys. Espcially canadianwoman and Siouxisie (great support) who pushed me in sending this letter to Rome, even if I really did not have any hope.

An advice. NEVER GIVE UP. I am the perfect example that THESE PEOPLE can make mistakes. Be nice and polite as I did in the letter and address the concern to them. SOmetimes it can work and sometimes not, but better like that.

Thanks for your support

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy to hear of the positive outcome of your case. Yours was a clear cut case of the visa office screwing up, and I'm so glad you were able to rectify the situation rather than lose all that precious time together by re-applying.

Best of luck to the two of you in your life together! I wish you all the joy and happiness in the world!

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
thank you!
it's true we spent 200 dollars for the new medical visit, but better like that!!!!
Canada is going to have a new PR soon ;)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
That is FANTASTIC news. I am thrilled for you both. All the best for your new life together in Canada!!!
Allison

err88

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-01-2010
File Transfer...
03-06-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-2009
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
02-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2010
LANDED..........
19-10-2010
Congratulations :) All the best to you and your husband :)

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
That's amazing news.

God bless you both and congratulations.

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
thanks a lot to everyone...
so THESE PEOPLE can make mistakes...it is important to let them notice that...politely and clearly. really.
what happened to me is really unusual and I consider myself lucky...but I searched for a solution, I was stubborn and I did not stop to the first hurdle!

big hugs to everyone!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good job mirkopal! I remember you from your early days when you were trying to find info about filing the application.

What you got was a "reconsideration" by the Program Manager. Yes, they make mistakes but it's good to see that they can also correct them.

Congrats on your marriage and your husband's visa!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Oh wow that is so cool.

I too, remember your posts and the hassle you were having with address changes and stuff.

I am so pleased that CIC recognized their mistake, rectified it and now a couple are reunited proper.

Good luck in your new life together.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
Congratulations :D I am glad to hear you did not give up and proved to CIC that they were WRONG! Have a great life together...Its so nice to read that mistakes can be fixed.

maas2011

Jun 30, 2011
HI MIRKOPAL , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ALL THAT PROCESS, IF YOU CAN CONTACT ME TO MACTRADE1@HOTMAIL.COM, PLEASE. I WOULD BE MORE THAN THANKS ...!