+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I worked after graduation but before applying for PGWP, help!

unknown999

Jul 23, 2023
Hi guys, I have been panicking since because of so many contradictory information.

My situation:
I applied for official transcript and it came in :May-15
But I continued working part time since then until my completion letter came in on July 22. I applied for my PGWP same day but there's a gap in dates.on my official transcript and completion letter. I don't know if I should send a webform to explain that I worked in June and July because I was waiting for.my completion letter.

Please I need advice. Most people have told me I'm fine but I am still.panicking I don't want something so stupid and minor to lead to a refusal

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
Hi guys
I completed my studies on feb 11 and i applied for the work permit in march 11. I did work in between those times and i am really worried about it.
I got my correspondence letter on july 22 and they are currently reviewing my application. I am really worried right now.
Anybody that has gone through the same situation please let me know what happened to your results..

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
I worked after graduation but before applying for pgwp for almost 1 month and i am really worries cause that was not intentional.
I mentioned i haven’t had unauthorized work caude I didn’t know it was unauthorized until my friend told me about it.
I am so worried
I got my correspondence letter and application is on review.
Is there a chance for pgwp refusal
Please someone who has gone through same situation
Can you tell me what happened to you application?

unknown999

Jul 23, 2023
I worked after graduation but before applying for pgwp for almost 1 month and i am really worries cause that was not intentional.
I mentioned i haven’t had unauthorized work caude I didn’t know it was unauthorized until my friend told me about it.
I am so worried
I got my correspondence letter and application is on review.
Is there a chance for pgwp refusal
Please someone who has gone through same situation
Can you tell me what happened to you application?
I was told not to worry by some people who were in the same situation. Some of them said once you meet the basic requirement, you get your PGWP. I am also scared because mine wasn't intentional but iam trying to keep calm.
Please let me know when you get a response on your application, because i'm in a similar situation

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
I was told not to worry by some people who were in the same situation. Some of them said once you meet the basic requirement, you get your PGWP. I am also scared because mine wasn't intentional but iam trying to keep calm.
Please let me know when you get a response on your application, because i'm in a similar situation
When did you apply and when did you get your completion letter??
What’s the status of your application now?

unknown999

Jul 23, 2023
When did you apply and when did you get your completion letter??
What’s the status of your application now?
I requested for transcript in may, and i continued working part time until i got my completion letter in July. i applied the same day. Still waiting for a response.

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
I requested for transcript in may, and i continued working part time until i got my completion letter in July. i applied the same day. Still waiting for a response.
I don’t think your case is much severe to be honest.
Cause you applied on the same day of your completion letter so I don’t think it’s big of a deal.
But i am not speaking from an experience.
I am in the similar situation
And my application is currently on review.
Lets hope for the best.

aryansmd

Sep 7, 2023
Hi everyone,
For the two weeks between my graduation letter and applying for PGWP, I stopped working and did not get pay. But, I was still employed (did not terminate my contract because I did not want to lose my job). Does anyone know if this is okay? Thanks

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
For the two weeks between my graduation letter and applying for PGWP, I stopped working and did not get pay. But, I was still employed (did not terminate my contract because I did not want to lose my job). Does anyone know if this is okay? Thanks
You should be fine.

prabhjot.325

Jun 8, 2021
Hi guys, I have been panicking since because of so many contradictory information.

My situation:
I applied for official transcript and it came in :May-15
But I continued working part time since then until my completion letter came in on July 22. I applied for my PGWP same day but there's a gap in dates.on my official transcript and completion letter. I don't know if I should send a webform to explain that I worked in June and July because I was waiting for.my completion letter.

Please I need advice. Most people have told me I'm fine but I am still.panicking I don't want something so stupid and minor to lead to a refusal
I'm facing a similar situation. Were you able to find a solution for this? I would appreciate any assistance.

My transcript will be issued on December 22nd, but my "Completion Letter" won't be available until January 15th. Am I permitted to work during the interim period?

It's the Christmas and New Year holiday season, so the university will be closed during this time.

prabhjot.325

Jun 8, 2021
Any reply would be very helpful!!
I'm scheduled to receive my transcript on December 22nd, but my "Completion Letter" will only be available by January 15th. Can I legally work in the gap between these dates? Additionally, the university will be closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays during this period.

Please help!

Last edited:

unknown999

Jul 23, 2023
Any reply would be very helpful!!
I'm scheduled to receive my transcript on December 22nd, but my "Completion Letter" will only be available by January 15th. Can I legally work in the gap between these dates? Additionally, the university will be closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays during this period.

Please help!
So I received my PGWP some months ago.
To answer your question, you are not supposed to work once you have received a notification from your school on the completion of your program. This can either be through a transcript or a completion letter. Once you have one of these, you are no longer considered a student. However, IRCC does not check if you worked between the period you received your transcript and completion letter. They mostly look out for extreme cases, i.e., where the student worked more than 50 hours a week while enrolled in a program, studied part-time instead of full-time, or when the 90 days to apply for PGWP have been exceeded.

How you choose to proceed with this information is your choice, but either way, I think you'll be fine.

Oct 13, 2023
My course completed on December 19thI received my graduation letter today but am Working full time these days since my study permit is valid until April and the restriction are lifted for international students right, so do I stop working ASAP or just the day I apply for PGWP?

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
My course completed on December 19thI received my graduation letter today but am Working full time these days since my study permit is valid until April and the restriction are lifted for international students right, so do I stop working ASAP or just the day I apply for PGWP?
You should stop working until you apply for your PGWP. You're not supposed to work once you receive your graduation letter.

Jibraan

May 9, 2022
As long as your study permit was valid during the time you worked your part time jobs and that you didnt work more than 20h a week then you're fine.
Hello all.
I am in a dilemma.
Actually after completing my course, I started looking for work right away which fortunately I got 1 and they wanted someone asap.
Once I received my Letter of completion, and transcript, I started working on the next day, thinking my lawyer would apply same day but she applied it after
1 week. Now I am afraid this may cause any problem. Anyone can help me please !!
Should I tell my employer to change the starting date?
Timeline:
Course ended: 28 Aug 2023
Date started to work: 08 Sept 2023
Date applied for PGWP: 15 Sept 2023