+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I WANT VISIT MY HUSBAND--PLS. HELP ME

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Hi,

I have a PR husband in Canada we got married last May'09 and I plan to visit him this coming December to spend Christmas. But i heard that i have the tendency to be refused coz my husband is there..

Is there any possiblilty that i might grant a temporary visa???

If not, can my in-laws be the one to invite me... and shall i use my maiden name,...

PLS HELP me....

thanks in advance......

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

badhet said:
Hi,

I have a PR husband in Canada we got married last May'09 and I plan to visit him this coming December to spend Christmas. But i heard that i have the tendency to be refused coz my husband is there..

Is there any possiblilty that i might grant a temporary visa???

If not, can my in-laws be the one to invite me... and shall i use my maiden name,...

PLS HELP me....

thanks in advance......
1. Assuming you require a TRV and assuming your spouse has already sponsored you, you are really going down a slippery path if you lie on the visitor visa application. You realize if you get caught (you probably will) it can mean a 2 year bar for misrepresentation?

PMM

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
hi PMM,

How about if i use my husband's surname.. will i refuse if he'll be the one to send an invitation letter????

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Are you applying for Permanent Residence as well?

We got married in May 08...applied to sponsor my wife in Sept, and then once we were approved for sponsorship we filled out a Temp Visa application. We specifically referred to our permanent application and that sponsorship was approved. We gave details of what our visit was for, Christmas, meeting family, investigating Toronto before the next step, etc. We also gave proof she would return, work at home, son at home. And they approved her to visit for Christmas.

Don't lie to get in...it will just make getting together permenently harder or impossible.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
frolic said:
Are you applying for Permanent Residence as well?

We got married in May 08...applied to sponsor my wife in Sept, and then once we were approved for sponsorship we filled out a Temp Visa application. We specifically referred to our permanent application and that sponsorship was approved. We gave details of what our visit was for, Christmas, meeting family, investigating Toronto before the next step, etc. We also gave proof she would return, work at home, son at home. And they approved her to visit for Christmas.

Don't lie to get in...it will just make getting together permenently harder or impossible.
I totally agree with Frolic. Just tell them the truth and submit as much proof as possible, and then pray for luck.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Once you are married you have to tell them the truth otherwise you will have problems...
I don't know when they make an exception to be granted a TRV but all I can say it depends of the VO.
Good luck!!!