Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
ok, if any of you have read about my husband's situation you would remember but here is a brief description; I got married on April. Hubby is canadian. We were planning to file the application in July. But 2 weeks ago, I learned that my husband did not declare any tax to government while he was self employed between 2007-2010. Since April 2010 he is working for a company. I am really so mad and sad. It seems he didnt think that this will cause any problem for immigration and he still thinks that way. But I insisted on, we have to figure out this tax problem not only for immigration purposes but also for the rest of our life so that we will not have any debt to government. After long conversations, we agreed on the situation and he called his accountant to sort it out. And his accountant told us it will take at least a month to figure out everything and learn how much you owe them.

what makes me even more upset is now we have to wait another month to handle this situation and file the application. So I am talking about september. He planned a trip to my home country this month since they dont grant me TRV. At least this is what we can do to see each other at this moment. I wish I knew about this problem before, so that there wouldnt be any delay to have our life together. But being already seperate and discussing this day after day do not make my life any easier. So I stopped complaining about it and started to wait for the solution.

so my question to you friends;

Do you think it will be a problem to apply for immigration 6 months after getting married? maybe we should write down the reason why we were late?

Thank you

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
odethe said:
so my question to you friends;

Do you think it will be a problem to apply for immigration 6 months after getting married? maybe we should write down the reason why we were late?
I'm sorry to hear of the delay.
In some appeal cases I have seen CIC question why the applicant didn't apply for a PR visa right after getting married. Usually, though, they only question a delay if it is very long (more than let's say 8 months). As well, a delay would only be one of several reasons to refuse an application - it wouldn't be the only reason - so if your proof of a genuine relationship is very good, it may not matter. I would state in the application that it took you longer to get the application together than you expected, and point out that your husband came to visit you because of the delay.
I wouldn't explicitly state why you were delayed. They'll be able to figure it out themselves, if they look closely at the income tax stuff, but I wouldn't deliberately bring it to their attention. Don't try to hide it either though. Really, it has no bearing on whether your relationship is genuine, and it does not make you look bad - and it is the intentions of the applicant that are of concern.

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
I don't think that this is a problem but you shold write down why are you late.

We hired a certificied immigration consultant to help us with the applications 2 month after our wedding. Months later - I found out that he never send my paper there and all my original paper got lost. I had to make everything one more time, getting new papers, proofs of relationships, medicals, everything - it took a long time...With a new lawyer we applied 14 months after our wedding. I got my first stage approval in april and now I'm hoping for the best.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lilian,

My husband and I married in October of last year and we didn't manage to submit the application until May of this year (I'm the sponsor - he's the applicant). I think this happens all of the time and I wouldn't worry. Putting together the application alone can take several months.

Focus on getting the tax stuff sorted out and don't stress out about the delayed application submission date!

Good luck!!!

odethe

Jul 8, 2010
Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
This process is already a very long, stressful and on our nerves and with such situations like mine, it makes me feel like it will never end! Eventually it will end....

Thank you so much friends. Now you all made my life a little more easier.

S

SaugaBoss

i got married last year in July and applied in May this year! I wouldnt worry too much about it...

but i think you can send your application with a letter saying the tax papers will come and stuff it says it on the application checklist.

My husband was in the same situation!!! His taxes came so late but we waited to apply anyways... but if you want to apply earlier just state whats missing and you will send it in...

odethe

Jul 8, 2010
Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
we thought about it too but I assume there will be problem with the sponsorship if he has tax issues. At least I heard so. Isnt it right?