+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need an expert advice on TVR

aisha2017

Aug 2, 2017
My sister lives in canada with her husbnad n daughter of 5 years. Now she's pregnant and wants to invites me from pakistan (( not my mother coz i also have younger sibling (14 year) who needs my mother)) i study here and singe. She's wants to invite me for 2 months TVR for help in child birth. But she's a housewife. Now we don't know who should invite me. My sister or my brother in law who works their.whose invitation will have more chances to be accepted? Its urgent to know please help us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you traveled to countries requiring visas in the past (e.g. US, UK, Europe)? If not, a two month visit is too long. You should request 2-3 weeks at most.

Dec 20, 2016
Have you traveled to countries requiring visas in the past (e.g. US, UK, Europe)? If not, a two month visit is too long. You should request 2-3 weeks at most.
Hi Scylla, Can you please elaborate on requesting to stay in Canada for a shorter time to increase the chances of acceptance? I want to invite my mom (previously refused supervisa due to ties in home country). She has traveled before to some of the countries listed above but not recently and it was in old passports and I no longer have those.
Will applying for a regular visit visa and saying that she will be here for few weeks help?

Dec 20, 2016
My sister lives in canada with her husbnad n daughter of 5 years. Now she's pregnant and wants to invites me from pakistan (( not my mother coz i also have younger sibling (14 year) who needs my mother)) i study here and singe. She's wants to invite me for 2 months TVR for help in child birth. But she's a housewife. Now we don't know who should invite me. My sister or my brother in law who works their.whose invitation will have more chances to be accepted? Its urgent to know please help us.
Your sister and your brother in law can write a joint invitation and you can show the proof of funds of your brother in law

gillAP

Oct 31, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
20-01-2015
Nomination.....
07-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
done upfront
Med's Done....
received 09-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18 march 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11 march 2015(received pp back on 02 april 2015)
LANDED..........
04 may 2015
HI
I am PR in canada and would like to invite my brother from india for my son birthday. He went to Uk in 2004 and overstayed there. he came back to India in 2012. Is there any chances for him to get visitors visa. Do we need to tell them that he overstayed in UK.
Thanks for your valuable advice.

aisha2017

Aug 2, 2017
Never travelled before. But what if she will need me there as she lives alone. She will need me while recovery. As her husband doing full time job. 2 3 weeks aren't too short?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Never travelled before. But what if she will need me there as she lives alone. She will need me while recovery. As her husband doing full time job. 2 3 weeks aren't too short?
First, mentioning that you are visiting to take care of your sister/new baby will be considered as working illegally on a TRV + as a young student, do you have experience in taking care of someone after childbirth or a newborn?

Second, a visit longer than 2-3 weeks would mean your study ties in Pakistan are weak = High possibility of a TRV refusal.

Third, as you have not traveled abroad earlier + no finances of your own + no property/land ownership, your ties to Pakistan are significantly weaker.

In my opinion, your mom could have better chances of a TRV approval instead of yourself

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Scylla, Can you please elaborate on requesting to stay in Canada for a shorter time to increase the chances of acceptance? I want to invite my mom (previously refused supervisa due to ties in home country). She has traveled before to some of the countries listed above but not recently and it was in old passports and I no longer have those.
Will applying for a regular visit visa and saying that she will be here for few weeks help?
You'll need to post more information for advice.

1. What is the purpose of her intended visit and for how long?

2. Is your mom/employed? Has dependent family? Own property/land? Has a good financial situation?

3. Which countries has she traveled to? Was this travel in the last 10 years?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
HI
I am PR in canada and would like to invite my brother from india for my son birthday. He went to Uk in 2004 and overstayed there. he came back to India in 2012. Is there any chances for him to get visitors visa. Do we need to tell them that he overstayed in UK.
Thanks for your valuable advice.
First, purpose of visit for celebrating birthdays has mostly resulted in TRV refusals.

Second, as your brother overstayed in the UK, his chances of being approved for any temporary visa (visitor, worker, study) are practically zero. Was your brother deported from the UK?

It's never a good idea to hide visa/immigration information. This could result in a 5-years ban for misrepresentation.

Short answer: He should not apply for a TRV

Reactions: heystop and gillAP
Dec 20, 2016
You'll need to post more information for advice.

1. What is the purpose of her intended visit and for how long? for 2 months to visit me, my husband and our new bord

2. Is your mom/employed? Has dependent family? Own property/land? Has a good financial situation? Yes with my dad

3. Which countries has she traveled to? Was this travel in the last 10 years?
countries that don't require visas. Schengen travel not in the past 10 years.

My parents applied for a supervisa and my sister (18 years) for a visitor visa in one online application and they were all denied a visa reasons being "Family ties in Canada" and country of residence" and "purpose of visit".

Below are the documents that I submitted:

1. My dad's employment letter, bank statement (above 100,000 USD), and properties' titles about 7 properties (houses and land titles)
2. My T4, mine and my husband's NOA (I made $94,000 last year, my bank statement (about 50,000), my husband's bank statement ($360,000) and our investment accounts (TFSA, RRSP, SRRSP)
3. Proof of registration at university in for my sister
4. Birth certificates, marriage certificates
5. Included flights itinerary and the reason of visit was to visit me , my husband and our newborn who was born in may of this year.

I have a sister who applied and got accepted for refugee status in Canada back in may 2016, she was previously a student in Canada.
@Bryanna
I requested the GCMS notes and the below was noted:
Assessment made by previous officer noted. Although the sponsor appears to meet the requirments of the LICO. Information not assessed by the officer at the time has come to light. The sponsor did immigrate to Canada via regular channels however their next youngest single daughter that was living with the HOF obtained a SA and ultimately made a claim for asylum in Canada. In this case the rest of the family are all included on this application including an eighteen year old single daughter. Given the recent history of the claim and the current situation in Yemen the pull factor for a possible claim are too great to ignore. leaving the eighteen year old out of Canada and allowing the parents to become temporary residents would only increase the pull to a claim as it would be the only viable and timely solution if they wished to facilitate this daughter.
Based on the information presented I am not satisfied applicant is a bona fide temporary resident and will leave Canada at the end of any authorized stay as per section R179 or IRPA. Refused

The application was processed in AbuDhabi

Circumstances that changed since the last application:
- My husband is now working full time besides his PHD studies, (he was only a student when we applied last time)
- My youngest sister is now 19 years, you think this would reduce their concerns regarding my parents coming to Canada to facilitate her? since she is above the age of 18 now?
- My mat leave finished and I am now working full time besides doing my masters

What I plan to add for this application
- Apply for my mom only
- provide a letter from my doctor that I need my mom's support as I am working full time, doing my masters and have a 13 month old daughter and that My husband is working full time and is doing his PHD so I am under a lot stress. (However, I read from your posts that this will actually work against me since they will reconsider my mom coming to work in Canada?)
- Provide letters from our employers and schools to proof work and education

Can you please advise on what I can do to increase my chances?

I am so sorry for the long e-mail, but wanted you to have all the details.

Thank you!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The sponsor did immigrate to Canada via regular channels however their next youngest single daughter that was living with the HOF obtained a SA and ultimately made a claim for asylum in Canada. In this case the rest of the family are all included on this application including an eighteen year old single daughter. Given the recent history of the claim and the current situation in Yemen the pull factor for a possible claim are too great to ignore. leaving the eighteen year old out of Canada and allowing the parents to become temporary residents would only increase the pull to a claim as it would be the only viable and timely solution if they wished to facilitate this daughter.
IMO, it's going to be exceptionally difficult to get your mom or yourself (actually anyone in your family at this point) a TRV given you already have a sister who has claimed asylum. Unless you can address and overcome that concern, I don't foresee IRCC changing their minds on further applications. The concern is they will claim asylum as well, based on past history.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have a sister who applied and got accepted for refugee status in Canada back in may 2016, she was previously a student in Canada.
@Bryanna
In hindsight, your sister should have gone the PGWP route instead of claiming asylum.

I requested the GCMS notes and the below was noted:
Assessment made by previous officer noted. Although the sponsor appears to meet the requirments of the LICO. Information not assessed by the officer at the time has come to light. The sponsor did immigrate to Canada via regular channels however their next youngest single daughter that was living with the HOF obtained a SA and ultimately made a claim for asylum in Canada. In this case the rest of the family are all included on this application including an eighteen year old single daughter. Given the recent history of the claim and the current situation in Yemen the pull factor for a possible claim are too great to ignore. leaving the eighteen year old out of Canada and allowing the parents to become temporary residents would only increase the pull to a claim as it would be the only viable and timely solution if they wished to facilitate this daughter.
Based on the information presented I am not satisfied applicant is a bona fide temporary resident and will leave Canada at the end of any authorized stay as per section R179 or IRPA. Refused
Unfortunately, the case notes say it all. IRCC has serious concerns that your parents are likely contenders to seek asylum if they were granted TRVs.

The fact that your sister claimed asylum will make it next to impossible for your parents and your younger sister to be approved for temporary visas despite their strong financial situation + immovable assets/properties + employment, etc.

I suggest you do not reapply for your parents/your mom (not even for her TRV/super visa) for at least another 3-4 years because your sister's claim for asylum was just last year.

The reasons/documents you intend to include for your mom's TRV/super visa application could guarantee another refusal..... for example, you need your mom's support as you are working + studying, etc..... as it indicates an intention to work illegally on a TRV + potential overstay (applying for a TRV/super visa but with the intention to remain long-term i.e. until you complete your Masters and you feel you no longer require your mom's support)

Cheers

Last edited:

gillAP

Oct 31, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
20-01-2015
Nomination.....
07-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
done upfront
Med's Done....
received 09-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18 march 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11 march 2015(received pp back on 02 april 2015)
LANDED..........
04 may 2015
First, purpose of visit for celebrating birthdays has mostly resulted in TRV refusals.

Second, as your brother overstayed in the UK, his chances of being approved for any temporary visa (visitor, worker, study) are practically zero. Was your brother deported from the UK?

It's never a good idea to hide visa/immigration information. This could result in a 5-years ban for misrepresentation.

Short answer: He should not apply for a TRV
Thanks Bryana for your valuable advice.
My brother left UK voluntarily on his own.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryana for your valuable advice.
My brother left UK voluntarily on his own.
Thanks
While your brother may not be granted a Temporary visa for Canada, his previous UK overstay may not impact his application for a PR (for example) if he is completely honest and he provides all details/documents. He'll need a PCC from the UK too

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Hey bryanna
I sent invitation letter and my parents applied visitor visa from india. File went to delhi on 10th july and today they receieve the passports.
It is mentioned in letter under my dad name that your spouse has failed to declare the previous visa refusal as req by canadian law therefore i am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of conditions.

My dad use to work in bank but some reasons he has to leave that 3.5 years back. He is accountant in 1 company.
My mom tution teacher

I work in accounting firm here. I am permanent resident here
We showed all proeperty etc my sister is in 4th grade.
My brother died when he was 9 years old

Questions i have!
1. Shall i re apply with correct file now from canada ?
2. Earlier i mentioned i just got PR so want to celebrate . There 25th anniversary is coming. (Oct 21) Shall i write that part now and send invite.
3 Earlier i send invite for only my parents. Should i include sister now or stay as it is?
4. Or not to reapply and wait for next year and apply super visa?