+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i need advise on how to reapply

noe

Nov 8, 2016
my application was processed within three weeks with assurance that i would get it cos i have all required documents, only for it to be rejected due to
1. they are not sure if i would leave canada after visit which was of course stated in my letter of invite that i was staying for only 2 weeks and would return home before my leave date

2. purpose of visit, well i do not know if my purpose was not strong enough, but it was stated that it was for tourism to visit places and then return back to my country

3. travel history, well i have no travel history, so i dont know what to do about that.

i was also advised to reapply, but how do i make this strong enough for them to grant me , that i am only going to visit a friend who invited me so we could sight-see together ???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You haven't provided enough information for any of us to be able to assist. What evidence did you provide to show ties to your home country? Proof of employment? Proof of property ownership? How old are you? What country are you from? Are you leaving any immediate family members behind (e.g. spouse or children) when you travel?

noe

Nov 8, 2016
OH THANKS ... WELL, I WORK, I HAVE A GOOD JOB THAT PAYS WELL, I AM THE PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE BRANCH MANAGER OF THE ORGANISATION WHERE I WORK.

I HAVE MY ENTIRE FAMILY OVER HERE, 7 SIBLINGS AND MY MUM, I AM NOT MARRIED SO OF COURSE TO CHILDREN AND I JUST TURNED 28 THIS MONTH
so i provided proof of employment and my bank statement.
i am from Nigeria ..

i am grateful for your assist. thanks a lot

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
noe said:
OH THANKS ... WELL, I WORK, I HAVE A GOOD JOB THAT PAYS WELL, I AM THE PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE BRANCH MANAGER OF THE ORGANISATION WHERE I WORK.

I HAVE MY ENTIRE FAMILY OVER HERE, 7 SIBLINGS AND MY MUM, I AM NOT MARRIED SO OF COURSE TO CHILDREN AND I JUST TURNED 28 THIS MONTH
so i provided proof of employment and my bank statement.
i am from Nigeria ..

i am grateful for your assist. thanks a lot
The main reason that I can think is that you have not shown enough ties in your home country. Provide a strong reason why will you come back. Is your mom dependent on you? Any assets apart from bank statement may be like a house, plot etc.

Regards,
Sharma

noe

Nov 8, 2016
Well, not that my mum is, and the properties we have , we are all entitled to it, but my letter of introduction from works says it's a work leave for the holidays ... Isn't that enough?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Isn't that enough?
Nope! You will need to prove that you have sufficient funds for the trip, including airfare and accommodations, tie's to your home country (Family, property YOU own, Bank accounts, job), travel history, an itinerary of your planned visit (not just a holiday). You have to think like the visa officer who reviews it! They are going to assume a single 28 year old, with no immediate family (spouse, children), from Nigeria is a high risk to remain in Canada if they grant you a visa. How can you prove that you aren't?

And whoever gave you assurances you would get one is a fool.

noe

Nov 8, 2016
I provided my bank statement and everything shows I have sufficient funds ... I mean isnt 2m en9ugh funds for 2weeks , and like it was stated in the letter sent to me from the vo, it states that only three things disqualified me , and its travel history, date of leaving my country and return date, with also purpose of visit .. which was stated clearly

sbnath

Nov 11, 2016
Mr. Bryanna - My TRV rejected..I need advise on how to reapply

Dear Mr.Bryanna (great job, much appreciated)

Good day to you. I am an Indian, working in Qatar. I had applied for visitor visa from VFS-Qatar. I am a full time employee with a valid/renewable workpermit in Qatar.
My intention is to visit canada as a tourist, only for a week, sometime in Feb 2017, which was clearly explained and all relevant documents were attached. but it got rejected in 10 days stating the following reasons:

"You not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a TR. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including :
a) Travel History
b) Purpose of Visit
c) Employment prospects in country of residence

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to the concerns...............".

Now I want to reapply. Please advise:

1.I have addressed the above issues in a covering letter (note:to reduce my msg size here, i am not copying it,but if you need it to advise me on my reapplication process, I can always copy it in my next msg).
2. Travel History : What is travel history refered above by CIC. Is it about my previous travel history or about my travel itinerary when I stay in Canada.
3.If I need to submit all the documents again like IMM5257 form, and all relevant attachments. (Note: I just got the above letter of rejection from CIC on Nov 01. I Guess original documents are still with them).
4. Hotel : I have just mentioned the hotel details in the application in the first application. Do I need to attach hotel reservation details this time.
5. Travel Insurance : I did not keep any insurance in my earlier application. Do I need to take a travel or medical insurance and attach it this time.
6. My travel dates specified in the first application was Feb 14-21 but now I am changing it to Feb 07-14. will it have any impact in the second application as I am changing the dates.
7. Salary certificate : I attached a letter (original) from my employer about my salary details in the first application. Can I attach the copy of the same this time.
8. Passport : In my first application, I had refered old passport no. which is valid till Sep 2017 (as I had applied for new passport that time and was waiting for new one, I entered old passport no.). Now I got my new passport. Can I mention the new passport # in the IMM5257 in my reapplication.

Kindly help me to get a visit visa. Thanks a lot for all your advise.

Rgds
Sbnath

noe

Nov 8, 2016
Wow, this is exactly what happened to me apart from the last reason just the first three, I mean my company gave me two weeks off, and its all stated in the letter my company sent to vfs, anyway I also wrote a letter refering back to all the facts, but I changed my mind at the end to reapply ... Thinking of going else where for my two weeks vacation ..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sbnath

2. Travel History:
For example, if you traveled to countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, etc. Travel to countries which liberally issue visas is not really considered as travel history (Singapore, Mauritius, Thailand, etc).

You can prepare a 'Travel History' explanation (table format) stating visa details + entry/exit dates for each country visited + purpose of each visit.... for the last 10 years.

3. You must submit the visa application + Family Information form + VFS consent (if it's a paper app)

4. Yes, hotel reservations (I assume you do not have a Canadian host)

5. It's not mandatory to buy an overseas travel medical insurance policy for a TRV. However, it is always a good idea to be covered by insurance for emergencies.

6. Changing the dates will not have any impact. Any reason why it is around Valentine's Day?

7. For your employment prospects refusal reason:
You must include a copy of your contract (when does it come up for renewal?) + leave approval letter stating you'll have your job when you return + 6 months salary slips/bank transfers/salary certificate + your immigration status in Qatar (work permit, residence permit, medical insurance, ID proof - whatever is applicable)

8. Yes, you can state your new passport number in the new TRV app. You must also include the UCI Number (8 digit number) when you reapply.

Apart from the above:
1. You must prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates.... for sightseeing, meals, entry fees, local travel.... and prove that you can pay for this itinerary + hotel + airfare with your own money.

2. You must prove you have strong ties to both Qatar and India: Employment + Property/land ownership in India or lease agreement in Qatar + family ties (in Qatar or India) + financial investments + include some utility bills for your Qatar residence

3. You must include 6 months bank statements (no large deposits, no cash, it must match your income)?

4. Have you traveled to any other countries?

5. Will you be meeting friends/relatives in Canada?

Cheers

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Does meeting friends/relatives make a difference to the application? Does it make the application stronger?
I am trying to apply visa for one of my parent from UAE

She has a son in United states who is a citizen of the US. In her purpose of visit, she has mentioned that she is travelling to the US to visit her son and also wants to visit the beautiful Canada along with her son for 2 weeks during Christmas break for about 2 weeks time. she lives in Dubai with another son of hers and her husband.
She is leaving them behind. She has no income of her own but enough savings (bank statement) and her son in United States will be bearing her expenses. If need be, her husband and son (un married) in Dubai can also bear the expenses.

she has shown purpose of visit as tourism to Banff and british Columbia

She has shown proof of property in India and also good amount of savings in india and stated that she has travelled to United States in 1993.

She also has a valid US visa at present and she has shown proof of that as well.

she hasn't booked tickets to Canada as her son will be driving from United States to Canada but she has shown return ticket back from United States to Dubai.

Is this enough proof? How else can she strengthen her case?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Does meeting friends/relatives make a difference to the application? Does it make the application stronger?
Yes, it makes the application stronger. Apart from making it a family visit, it indicates a more defined purpose of visit.... as compared to pure tourism.

Also, it takes the pressure off someone's *available finances for the visit* if one has a Canadian relative/friend who will provide accommodation/take care of travel and living expenses during the visit.

she has shown purpose of visit as tourism to Banff and british Columbia
She must include a day-by-day itinerary of her travel plans with expense estimates + hotel reservations. If her US son is paying for these expenses then he can include proofs of hotel bookings made by him + his bank statements + state he is accompanying his mom.

She has shown proof of property in India and also good amount of savings in india
This is a strong point.

stated that she has travelled to United States in 1993.
This does not help at this point in time.

She also has a valid US visa at present and she has shown proof of that as well.
She can apply under the CAN+ program.... which could allow for expedited processing + fewer financial documents.

The TRV application form is the same. She must scan the US visa and include it + clearly state she is applying under CAN+.

she has shown return ticket back from United States to Duba
This is a good proof.

Apart from this:
1. She must include proofs of her immigration/residence status in the UAE.

2. Does she have her own finances/her own bank account in the UAE? Credit cards? Financial investments?

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
What is the Can+ program? Never heard of that

She has provided proof of UAE residence visa plus she has also stated that it is a requirement to enter UAE no later than 6 months of staying outside of UAE which means she does need to travel back.

as far as booking is concerned, thing is my brother might change his plans if my mother does not get her visa. He might go elsewhere where he has friends and family as he doesnt want to take a vacation alone. He wants to have a family member

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
I think one of the requirements for the CAN+ program is that she needs to have travelled to Canada or United States in the last 10 years. is that right? but she hasnt done that

and is the program open to nationals of certain countries only or all countries?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
smk_ujs said:
I think one of the requirements for the CAN+ program is that she needs to have travelled to Canada or United States in the last 10 years. is that right? but she hasnt done that
No. that's not right.

As she owns property in India, I assume she holds an Indian passport. If that's true then she can apply under CAN+ because she has a valid US visa