+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I missed the citizenship test....

gqx

Dec 28, 2014
I missed my citizenship test on August 31 and I am waiting for my final notice to attend it.

Just wondering whether or not CIC will update my new test date on their official website so that I can know the exact date. Otherwise I am worried about the loss of the letter.

Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should do but check it every day. As a side issue I recently attended a citizenship ceremony as a guest and the applicant here lost 3 months in the process because their first test invite got lost in the mail. Its an absolute absurdity that in this day and age CIC still mail out letters by regular post. Most other countries Immigration Authorities use a method of delivery requiring signature. If CIC has concerns about this being a tax burden on the public they can and should introduce a prepay option when you file for any immigration benefit including citizenship. Another 50 bucks for a courier is nothing when you are already paying 600 bucks for the application. If I was the CIC Minister I would consider introducing it not only to help applicants but as a way to be remembered if it doesn't work out post the October 19th election.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gqx said:
I missed my citizenship test on August 31 and I am waiting for my final notice to attend it.

Just wondering whether or not CIC will update my new test date on their official website so that I can know the exact date. Otherwise I am worried about the loss of the letter.

Thanks
The website will be updated to reflect the new date whenever that will be. The letter will follow.

gqx

Dec 28, 2014
According to cic website, Those who are unable to attend or who miss their event will be rescheduled automatically into a new event no less than 15 calendar days after a failure to appear to allow time for potential correspondence to be matched to an applicant’s file.

I still didnt get any notice. Today is 18 days from the day that I missed.

pptm

Aug 16, 2015
gqx said:

Thanks
I had the same situation recently. I missed my first exam in July and they sent me final exam for September. But they did not update online.

readytofly

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 29th, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar. 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep. 27th, 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 14th, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 3rd, 2012
Passport Req..
May 7th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 9th, 2012
LANDED..........
May 19th, 2012
We missed our first test invitation and we received another invitation in less than 2 months.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
readytofly said:
We missed our first test invitation and we received another invitation in less than 2 months.
so CIC determines a another date automatically or u have first to call them and explain why you missed 1st exam

readytofly

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 29th, 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar. 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep. 27th, 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 14th, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 3rd, 2012
Passport Req..
May 7th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 9th, 2012
LANDED..........
May 19th, 2012
NOBODYLIKEME said:
so CIC determines a another date automatically or u have first to call them and explain why you missed 1st exam
We did sent them a letter but in the second notice they mentioned they did not receive any explanation.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
gqx said:

Thanks
Its terrible but that's how CIC works. Send a letter by COURIER to CIC stating that you missed the test as the mail did not come in time and still waiting for the next test date. That way, you inform CIC officially to avoid your file treated as abandon.

CIC notoriously committing such blunders, wasting candidates years and years, yet putting the burden on candidates, who have no way to win against their stonewalling system.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Its terrible but that's how CIC works. Send a letter by COURIER to CIC stating that you missed the test as the mail did not come in time and still waiting for the next test date. That way, you inform CIC officially to avoid your file treated as abandon.

CIC notoriously committing such blunders, wasting candidates years and years, yet putting the burden on candidates, who have no way to win against their stonewalling system.
Abandon is only considered when you don't present to 2 date tests.

Reactions: paulvoyer